Diners, Orlando

by kop-queen
  • biminitwst's Profile Photo

Chubbys Family Diner: Chubbys East Orlando diner has great burgers

by biminitwst Updated Jun 30, 2009

The friendly folks who run Chubby's Family Diner serve some good diner type food, killer breakfasts, and one of the finest hamburgers I have had in a long time.

I often work at one of my jobs in this area, and it seems that every time I mentioned Chubby's to people I met they all said the same thing: "Chubby's has the best breakfast in town. Be sure to try the biscuits and gravy." "Be sure to try one of the skillet breakfasts."

We tried Chubby's for lunch and breakfast, and I have to agree, this is one finer diner.
    They serve your usual diner favorites, like meat loaf and fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, accompanied with the usual sides, ie: meat and three, in dinerspeak.

Chubby’s 'signature' burger, a 6-ounce beef patty piled with white American cheese and more than a few slices of smoky ham may be a bit over the top, and difficult to compare with other eateries, so I sampled a regular hamburger.
    I requested it cooked medium rare, deluxe. Thats with lettuce, tomato, pickle, mayonnaise and onion, in diner speak.

A few minutes later, to my great surprise and delight, the burger arrived exactly as I had ordered it!
    I'm singin' in the rain, here. I'm over the moon. I'm dancin' in the streets.
    In between the sliced bun was juicy ground beef, brown on the outside, pink on the inside.
    WOW!
    Of course the requested vegetables were there, and as fresh as you could ask for, too.
    Who says you can't get what you want?

The server brought extra napkins and said: "you're gonna need these, hon."

She was right. The yummy juices ran out with with each delightful bite of this bit of beef on a bun.
    My huge glass of delicious sweet iced tea never, ever reached the 'half empty' point.
    The fries were normal sized, and done just right.
    Heaven on a bun, it was, and my entire meal, including the tip, was only eight bucks and change.

If we can put a man on the moon, why is it so difficult to find a simple thing like a hamburger cooked medium rare?
    I have no idea, but I scored one at Chubby's.
    And I'll do it again when I get the chance.

About the ever present cops: Even though I didn't see a donut in the place, Chubby's seems to be their clubhouse. I doubt that you could find a safer place to eat in East Orlando.

You're going to like Chubby's a lot.
    I sure did.

Be aware that they open at 6 AM and close at 2 PM.

Favorite Dish: Hamburgers cooked the way I like them!

• JEANYLASER's Profile Photo

Animal Kingdom lodge: Don't miss the fresh food from Disney

by JEANYLASER Written Nov 14, 2008

Boma-Flavors of Africa: Boma is modeled after a bustling African marketplace. This Sprawling, Popular family restaurant boasts many Different types of cuisine in what chefs describe as a "global fusion" style. The cuisine, served buffet style, is blend of French, Malaysian, Indian, Chinese, and English.

Jiko- The cooking Place: The colors of the sunset are the backdrop for this sublime eatry with an African flair. Wines from South Africa are featured.

The Mara: A specious fast-food restaurant serving such kid-pleasers as pizza, burgers, and chicken fingers.

Sanaa: A new table-service eatry, scheduled to open at Kidani Village in 2009.

Favorite Dish: one is the Pizza from the mara taste good and smells good!

• VickiJ's Profile Photo

Diners: Johnny Rockets!

by VickiJ Written Mar 1, 2006

Johnny Rockets

WOW! I loved this place!!!! It was like a 50's diner with little jukeboxes on each table. (I didn't realise that if you put the 'song of the month' on, the waiter/ress would dance! :-( Gutted we missed that.
    Anyhow, this place was great to get a snack to eat - with burgers and hotdogs on the menu.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish was the hot dogs - and the cookie and cream milkshakes! Yum yum...the cherry cola was good too!

• 50's Prime Time Cafe: Nostalgic

by missmommy19 Updated Mar 8, 2005

Ambiance!

Authentic replica of how food and life was in the 50's. TV's play 50's sitcoms, everything down to the salt and pepper shakers is from the 50's. Old fashioned, stick to your ribs meals like pot pie, pot roast, meat loaf and mashed potatoes (made with REAL butter) are on the menu, and of course MILK SHAKES! "Newer" dishes like ceasar salad are also available. Don't get caught with your elbows on the table! Your "servers" are also Mom and Grandma, so be prepared to be a part of the Clean Plate Club. Fun for everyone.

Favorite Dish: Meat loaf. Can't get enough.

• kop-queen's Profile Photo

Friendly's: Friendly's by name and...

by kop-queen Updated Mar 4, 2005

take me there again

Good quality, good service, good value, excellent for families. Fantastic Ice Cream and Milkshakes. I could go on and on and on...

Favorite Dish: Strawberry Milk Shakes made with loads of ice cream and real fruit.

Wish they'd bring back the Chicken Teriyaki they used to do.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

The Village Inn: Cheap and Tasty

by tatyanap Written Feb 19, 2005

Village Inn is a typical American diner -- it offers tasty and plentiful meals; cheap, too. The selection is great -- entrees, salads, soups, desserts, etc.

Favorite Dish: Well, I am not sure about my favorite... This is what I had:

Santa Fe Skillet (potatoes, chicken, vegetables, cheese, salsa, etc.)
    Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie

Both dishes were tasty although far from fancy. Since I splurged on elegant dinner the night before, this meal was just fine.

Great service!

I would definitely come back!

• GregCF's Profile Photo

B-Line Diner: A Place In Orlando That Is Open After 2 A.M.!!!

by GregCF Updated Jan 17, 2004

Around 2 a.m. in Orlando, many of the restaurants and bars shutdown. This creates a slim selection of late night dining. If you’re a night owl like I am, you will find comfort at the B-Line Diner. It is located on the side of the elegant Peabody Hotel on International Drive. I believe this could be a hidden jewel in late night dinning. For months I suffered through meal after meal at the other after hour’s restaurants such as IHOP, Waffle House, and Perkins. It all came to an end when I fell upon this 24-hour diner. The quality of food makes up for the restaurants modest selection on the menu.

Favorite Dish: I can recommend for the late night snack, the Spinach Dip/Queso. More importantly I have never been disappointed with the B-Line Diner’s assortment of desserts. I have a strong savor for the diner’s specialty cookie, in the shape of the Peabody Hotels symbol, the Duck.

Instant Answers: Orlando