Italian, Orlando

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Via Napoli: Awesome pizza

by PinkFloydActuary Written Jul 15, 2012
    Awesome pizza!

When we were going to be in Epcot, knowing of all the great food choices in the World Showcase, it became hard to decide where to go. After extensive research though, there really was one clear winner - Via Napoli. We were there on a Saturday night, and got to the restaurant about 20 minutes early. After a few minute wait, we were seated and were checking out the menu which is focused heavily around awesome pizzas.

Service was great - my wife has a mild gluten allergy, and I put that down for all the reservations we had - this was the only place where the waiters were aware of my requests and helped her with the menu and even produced some gluten-free bread. The atmosphere is quite lively - the room is fairly well open and well lit.

As far as dinner went - the kids got a pizza margherita, which I was able to taste and it was awesome. I went with and individual carciofi (artichoke, pecorino, mozarella, and truffle oil) that was simply out of this world. My parents played it safe with a large spicy sausage - that was also excellent. The pizzas are all baked in the wood fire ovens on the side of the restaurant.

The only downside is that their beer selection is limited to a few Italian imports which are tasty, but very pricey. Oh, well...nobody makes you drink them I guess :)

By the time we left, the line extended out the door quite a ways. I highly recommend reservations.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Italian: Olive garden...

by mafootje Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance of the restaurant

Olive garden restaurants can be found all around Florida. This one had a real touch of class. The dining room was classy, and the waiter had the class you ussually only get at more expensive restaurants..

Despite the touch of class the restaurant has prices are very reasonable. Service is quick and food is great.

The only thing that made it less then perfect was the waiter who was very attentive at forehand was a little less attentive after we ordered.

We had the feelling he didn't like the fact we didn't choose wine and appetizers... What he didn't know is that we had been driving almost all day from Key Largo to Tampa and from Tampa to Orlando to have a short unscheduled visit to the mall and downtown disney...we just needed the time and wanted some good food.

Despite the fact this restaurants has 378 seats it spacious but also been designed to give you the feeling of an intimate restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I had the mousaka, which tasted great, the ammount of food was good also..

Picture taken december 9, 2004

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Pepperon' Pizzeria & Restaurant: Italian Pizza in American style

by Cristian_Uluru Updated Sep 8, 2010

Pepperon' Pizzeria & Restaurant

Pepperon' Pizzeria & Restaurant is a good restaurant were you can taste some Italian food made in American style. The service was good but the waiting time was quite long (about 30 minutes for a pizza). The ambience is nice, with some architectures that remember Italy and Italian music in the back.
    I spent a nice evening here.

Favorite Dish: During my dinner to Pepperon' Pizzeria & Restaurant I taste Pizza Torino: a regular white pizza (14") with ricotta Cheese, Ham, Goat Cheese, Mozza and Fresh Basil. It was very good. Before it they served a Caesar Salad (included in the price) with Romaine Lettuce, Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and Caesar dressing.

• Wine Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Tutto Italia: Incredible Pasta

by cjg1 Updated Feb 11, 2009

Tutto Italia is the restaurant of the Italy Pavillion of Epcot's World Showcase. Upon entering the restaurant you automatically feeel welcomed. The host took our name and showed us to our table. We were sat at a nice table for two on the right side of the restaurant. The interior is beautifully decorated and you forget you are in a theme park. The waitress came over and handed us menus and took our drink order. It was a hot day so we ordered some unsweetened ice teas to quench our thirst. There were so many good choices on the menu that it was hard to decide. Fortunately we had made our decision as the waitress appeared to take our order. We decided to split the Calamari Fritti and the Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato. For an entree I ordered the Pork Chops and Liz had the penne. The food was incredible. Our waitress Marianna was very attentive and Liz enjoyed using her Italian. After an incredible meal we had to have dessert. For dessert I ordered the Tiramiu and Liz had the Cheesecake. The desserts were outrageous and a great finish to the meal.

**During our meal there was a roaming violin player that added nice background music. This was a nice touch; the music was soft and not intrusive.**

Favorite Dish: The fried calamri was perfect. It was crisp and delicius; not rubbery. The Mozzarella and tomatoes were extremely fresh and drizzled with tasty olive oil. The Mozarella was so creamy and good. My porchops were outrageously good. They were served in a mustard sauce with a side of broccoli rabe. Liz loved her penne; especially the fresh mozzarella in the dish. The tiramisu was very good and presented beautifully. It was a large portion and I could not finish my whole dessert. Liz finsihed her whole cheesecake and raved it was perfectly done in the Italian style....I have no idea what the difference is but I'm not Italian.

• Singles

• baileyniko's Profile Photo

Alfredo's Restaurant in Epcot's Italy Pavillion: Alfredo's is Molto Bene!

by baileyniko Written Jan 26, 2007

Alfredo's is the Italian restaurant in Epcot's Italy pavillion, which is named for the original Alfredo's in Italy and home of the fetuccine alfredo dish. This is a gorgeous restaurant, authentic and classy but not overdone. You will feel comfortable dining in shorts and t-shirts or something dressier though it is not required. You are in Disney, after all! Seating is both indoors and outside, and we were seated indoors next to large windows overlooking 'la piazza'. I would recommend making reservations. It's not one of the lesser expensive places to eat, but this is a popular place to eat nonetheless. Service was pretty good, and the atmosphere is lively but not too loud. Customers are eating, drinking, and being merry at Alfredo's!

Favorite Dish: My mother and I shared a fresh mozzeralla and tomato salad appetizer. This was fantastic, with fresh basil, crusty bread and olive oil for dipping. We could have made a meal out of this dish, it was so good. The flavors were so wonderfully fresh and complementary! Next, we ordered pasta dishes. The fetuccine alfredo was unbelievable, it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The pasta is homemade, which is way better than pasta from a box, a little chewy and 'al dente'. The alfredo sauce wasn't too heavy, and the dish was accented by more melt-in-your-mouth parmesean cheese. The portion was just enough, I didn't feel stuffed afterwards. For dessert, we shared a sampler platter with miniature versions of tiramisu, cannoli, chocolate cake, etc. Each dessert was unique and delicious, and it was nice to taste a bit of several different things.

• greentea1962's Profile Photo

Bergamo's: Wine and Opera at the Mercado

by greentea1962 Updated Sep 20, 2006

I had a great time eating at Bergamo's, an inviting restaurant that serves Carmen with its food and wine. Bergano's came recommended by a semi-local and it did not disappoint, even though it was difficult to find in the rain. The service was vey obliging, allowing us to chat over pinot grigio and dessert until after the restaurant closed and all the help had gone home. The practically tossed us the key and told us to lock up behind them.
    How was the opera? Well, expect for snippets of onesong from Carmen, I can't remember. I guess that means that if you have great company, you can eat anywhere.
    By the way, stop by one of the Mercado's bars after dinner for a night cap. Let me know if you find my umbrella or a Starbuck's travel mug.

• VickiJ's Profile Photo

Olive Garden: I know it's a chain restaurant but it was nice!

by VickiJ Written Aug 31, 2006

I had noticed this restaurant when we had been walking up and down International Drive, so one night we decided to check it out. As soon as we walked through the door the 'waiting for a table area' was absolutely packed, so either it was a really nice place to eat or everyone had made the same mistake!!! We were told it would be about an hours wait, but after about 30 minutes our table was ready (we got an inside table but there were some nice tables outside - but we would have waited even longer for them!). We had a lovely waitress that couldn't have been more helpful and the food was absolutely georgeous. I would definately go back.

Favorite Dish: When we went i had gorgonzola and steak pasta....yum yum!!!

• ChicagoHeidi's Profile Photo

Macaroni Grill: Terrific for a Chain Restaurant!

by ChicagoHeidi Written Jun 28, 2006

Great prices, great food, great atmosphere. I'd never been, but apparently they are located in major cities. I've even since found one in Savannah -- heh heh!

Favorite Dish: Lobster Ravioli -- Ravioli stuffed with lobster, with a lemon butter cream sauce, topped with baby shrimp and asparagus... How CAN you go wrong?

Everyone else in the group had CREATE YOUR OWN PASTA dish. You pick from different pastas, then sauces, then toppings and they throw it together.

• Italian: ITALIAN DELI THAT CAN'T BE BEAT

by napleschip Updated Feb 14, 2006

VERY PLEASANT RELAXED ATMOSPHERE. THE DINNING AREA IS IN GOOD TASTE AND COMFORTABLE. THE OWNERS ARE TWO BROTHERS FROM THE NEW JERSEY/NEW YORK CITY AREA. THE PERSONALITIES OF THE BROTHERS MATCHES THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE PLACE. DAVE AND STEVE WILL MAKE YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU ARE IN THE HOME OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS.
    THE FOOD IS OUTSTANDING. TRUE NEW YORK STLYE SANDWICHS PILED HIGH WITH YOUR FAVORITE DELI MEAT. THE MEAT IS BOARS HEAD. THEY USE PARMA PROSCIUTTO SLICED THIN AND IT WILL MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.
    DAILY SPECIALS INCLUDE HOMEMADE SOUPS, LASAGNA, STUFFED SHELLS, MEATLOAF ROULADE, RUBENS, FRENCH DIP, SHEPPARDS PIE, ITALIAN SAUAGE PEPPERS & ONIONS, CHICKEN ARTICHOKE & RICE, EGGPLANT PARM, CHICKEN PARM, BRACCIOLI, AND LIST IS GROWING EACH WEEK.
    THE SOUPS INCLUDE, PASTA FRAGIOLI, ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP, TUSCAN BEAN SOUP, FRENCH ONION, POTATO LEEK, BUTTERNUT SQAUSH, ITALIAN VEGETABLE, SWEET POTATO SOUP, BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP, HOMEMADE CHILI, LOADED BAKE POTATO, CHICKEN NOODLE.
    HOMEMADE SALADS, MACARONI, COLE SLAW, POTATO, TORTELLINI.
    MADE TO ORDER CANNOLI W/PISTACHIO, FRESHLY MADE ANTIPASTA.

Favorite Dish: I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE MEATBALL SUB AND STEVES SPECIAL ARE MY FAVORITE SANDWICHS. THE FLAVORS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD ON THE MEATBALL. WHITE SUB ROLL PROVALONE CHEESE IT IS HARD TO DISCRIBE, EXCELLENT! THE STEVE SPECIAL IS NEXT LOADED WITH MEAT,SOPPRESSATA, CAPPOCOLA, PROSCIUTTO, PROVOLONE.
    MY FAVORITE SOUP IS THE WEDDING SOUP.
    MY FAVORITE HOT MEAL WOULD BE THE LASAGNA OR STUFFED SHELLS.
    THE SAUCE IS MADE FROM SCRATCH AND THE CHEESE IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD.

• Museum Visits
    • Study Abroad

• raevnzno's Profile Photo

Ristorante Alfredo in the World Showcase: Manga, Manga

by raevnzno Updated Feb 12, 2006
    lovely dinner for one......

his place is located in the World Showcase area of Epcot. If you don't want to do the usual theme park fare of quick burgers or dogs, and are willing to splurge a litle. Try this place. The menu says that it is run by the family that originally invented fettuccini alfredo. And they did a bang up job on mine. Make your reservations early, as they stay busy during the evening.

Favorite Dish: The Caesar Salad with an appetizer size of fettuccini alfredo. Nearly perfect. I don't think I could have actually finished the entree portion of the pasta.
    They also make a killer 'Italian Margarita'

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Cici's Pizza: Cici's Pizza - Pile it up!

by UKDaisy Updated Jan 3, 2006

We were enticed by the sign advertising $3.99 all you can eat pizza, pasta, salad and dessert. However, the queues are massive, so if you manage to eat there, be sure to pile up your plate the first time at the buffet counter, as you'll find it very difficult to go up again!

Look out for the 10% discount coupon in various coupon booklets available from hotels, restaurants and gift stores.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Panullo's: Italian food on Park Ave

by shohman Written Jan 1, 2005

Panullo's

Located in Winter Park, Panullo's is the only Italian restaurant on Park . They have limited outdoor seating and a good size indoor dining room with brick walls. I have never been disappointed here.

Favorite Dish: toss up between antipasto and Chciken Parm.

• doug48's Profile Photo

Italian: gargis italian restaurant

by doug48 Written Nov 26, 2006

gargis italian restaurant

gargis is a good italian restaurant located on lake ivanhoe in the ivanhoe antique district. good itatian food at moderate prices. try to book a table with a view of the lake.

• Business Travel