Places to eat in Orlando

• American
    They also sell cake

Most Viewed Restaurants in Orlando

• Dave24's Profile Photo

Benihana: Japanese cuisine at Benihana (Orlando)

by Dave24 Written Apr 13, 2014

It was a great experience. Our kids were entertained by the chef and it saved the day (4 children under the age of 5).
    I enjoyed the atmosphere, but the food was just ok. It was fresh, but very simple and ...they use way too much sodium/soy sauce!

Favorite Dish: Hot sauce (do not remember the name)

McDonalds: McDonalds

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

This is a wild McDonald's..If my kids were young again, they would be in heaven. It is 2 levels of games and fun..a Dave & Buster's for the wee ones!!! The food is a little price, but I guess you are paying for the Atmosphere...but regular Mickey D food!!!

Stavro's Pizza House: Stavro's Pizza House

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

We are giving this pizza place a GREAT FIVE STAR review.. we arrived at our hotel at Daytona Beach after a full day at SeaWorld in Orlando, so of course, I wasn't going to cook ...so we jumped on YELP and located a pizza place that would deliver and Stavro's came to the rescue..we ordered large cheese pizza, small pepperoni pizza, a Italian combo sub with Jalapenos and onions added their line up, some garlic bread sticks with marinara sauce...with a 2 liter of coke with tip and taxes, $45..he even forgot our coca and went back for it and was back within 15 minutes...Great service...Awesome food, I love my sub, kids scarfed the pizza down and the bread sticks...GONE!!! the sauce was delicious...if this is what they use on their pasta and lasagna,,,I would recommend it..without tasting it...Highly recommend this restaurant..I will post pictures as soon as I get them downloaded..

Denny's: Denny's

by butterflykizzez04 Written Feb 5, 2014

We stopped at Denny's Restaurant on our way to the hotel for late lunch, early dinner. Brandie had never been before and My kids love Denny's so we thought, why not!!!
    The interior was your typical Denny's..nothing amazing or wowing, very typical...the service was slow and their attention span very small..but the food was good, not the best i have had but good..
    Noelle opted for a salad only...she ordered the chicken spinach salad..that is exactly what she got..nothing else but some spinach leaves with some chicken dropped on top..and they forgot her bread...
    Brandie ordered the Meatball Sub (it had hardly any sauce on it..) and she opted for the cheesey bacon fries...they just sprinkled some shredded cheese on top, and threw on some bacon....what?????? is someone in a hurry in there?? remember I told you earlier our service was SLOW....
    My son Joshua got the Buffalo Chicken sandwich with fries...it was hot chicken only with a slice of cheese, nothing else...good thing he didn't want the $3.50 extra cheese and bacon on his...lol !!!!
    and well opted for BBQ Chicken Soft Tacos...ugh...horrible..I would never get these again...nasty..

This mess...I mean meal came out to almost $40 without taxes and tip...NEVER AGAIN !!!!

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Manny's Original Chophouse: Manny's Original Chophouse

by Madasabull Updated Dec 11, 2013

I know I have a picture of Manny's logo as my main picture, but that's because is made such an impression on us.

I know, how can a Chop House take pride of place on my Travel Page. This being our first time in the US, we were driving along when we saw that this place sold ribs, something that we really wanted to eat while here. Not like when we cook bacon rib, which I love just as much, but these where going to taste like nothing we had tasted before, and they did. All the food we had here was fantastic.

Steak, ribs, salad, all good and at a fair price too. Here is a menu from Dec 2013, and no, I don't get anything for tell you, I just thought I would share my experience. I wish I hadn't put this menu on here now, because now Im starving and Im going to have to raid the fridge :)

Sirloin Steak Center Cut 10oz. Juicy, tasty, very lean. $14.99
    Super Top Sirloin Center 14oz. Cut "The bigger portion" Thick, juicy, just great. $17.98
    Filet Mignon Center Cut Fork tender, lean and tasty 7oz $17.98 9oz $19.98
    Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon 7oz Just as tender and tasty for the smaller appetite! $17.98
    Manny's Sirloin Steak 12oz. Manny's favorite for many years. $14.49
    Rib Eye Steak 14oz Juiciest of all steaks, rich mellow flavor, our steak lovers favorite. $18.99
    The New York Strip 14oz. Rich and perfectly marbled. $19.99
    Chopped Steak 14oz. Grilled with Sweet BBQ sauce, and smothered with onions, fresh mushrooms and demi glaze. $12.49
    Country Fried Steak 8oz. Lightly breaded and served with traditional peppery white gravy. $12.49
    Steak Pieces 10oz. Grilled, marinated steak pieces served over sauteed onions and mushrooms on a sizzlin' hot platter. $12.68
    Rack of Lamb ........Full 1lb....(When Available) Served with rosemary demi glaze and traditional mint jelly. If you want it, cut up as lamb chops, it's ok with Manny. $22.99
    The Porterhouse 24oz PLUS Strip steak and Filet Mignon all in one. $22.99
    T-Bone Steak 16oz PLUS “The All American Steak,” topped with a complimentary scoop of fresh burgundy mushrooms. $17.59
    Boneless Pork Chops Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops, brushed with Sweet BBQ sauce and served with apple sauce. 1 lb. $14.79

Baby Back Ribs
    We get rave reviews on our signature ribs, brushed with sweet BBQ sauce. Fall off the bone goodness.
    Full Slab $18.99 Half Slab $14.99
    Slow-Roasted Prime Rib
    Perfectly seasoned and slow roasted. Our Finest: served with creamy horseradish sauce and au jus. If we run out, come back tomorrow. 16oz. Plus - Boneless $19.99 12oz. Plus - Boneless $16.98

Favorite Dish: Ribs

Me and my eldest daughter at Manny's. My wife Sue and my youngest daughter, at Manny's.

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

Brio: Dinner at the Mall at Millenia.

by GreenOlive Written Oct 9, 2013

After a busy day and a long walk at the Mall at Millenia we just couldn't wait for 45 minutes to get a table at the Cheesecake Factory...we decided to visit Brio right next door.
    We were seated within 10 min and ordered everything right away. The server promised to "make it happen" as quickly as possible and he did. We had salads, appetizers and as a main dish we had pasta and grilled fish. At the end we shared a chocolate cake. Everything was good. Ingredients were fresh and it was cooked just right, but, unfortunately, not a single entry made me say "WOW! That's delicious!"

As you can see ...we were starving!

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

Taverna OPA: Best hummus i have ever had!

by GreenOlive Written Oct 4, 2013

I love this restaurant. Great service, good food and plenty of entertainment (belly-dancers, singing and dancing). We had a party of 6 and everyone had fun! If you ask me what was my favorite dish... i will definitely say HUMMUS! Complimentary hummus (with pita bread) was served as soon as we were seated. We all loved it and i had to order two full-size portions!

Hummus from Taverna OPA was delicious!

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

Benihana: Good service, great food, but...

by GreenOlive Written Oct 4, 2013

Wonderful experience! We had six people in our group and didn't have to share the table with other guests. The service was great and the food was delicious (fresh!!!). It was my first time dining at this type of restaurant. I loved the idea of food being prepared right in front of you and enjoyed the entertainment provided by the chef! The only reason i didn't give it a five star rating is ... it was raining/storming outside and the water was leaking through the hood!

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Tropico Mofongo: Where the Help Eats

by bocmaxima Written Jun 13, 2013

Scattered in between the fast food, the chains and the restaurants serving overpriced fried garbage are a few Caribbean style restaurants. Cuban, Puerto Rican, Dominican... Honestly, I don't know enough about the different cuisines to be able to place most of them unless they say, specifically, what they are. And Tropico Mofongo does not. But the staff and the patrons (for the most part) are Caribbean Spanish-speakers. Most of the patrons seemed to be service workers from the local hotels, picking up lunch for themselves and their co-workers.

But this place is just top-notch. Cafeteria style, so you pick what you want behind the glass and they slop it on for you. They have set prices on plates, so you can get one or two meats, and the necessary beans and rice. You can also add things like vegetables or fried plantains.

I was so happy to find this place, just a short drive from where we were staying. You will not find better value for food in this area.

Favorite Dish: I can still taste the fried fish fillet.

Contemporary Grounds: Unanticipated Excellence Award For Disney World

by nicolaitan Updated Nov 13, 2012

The only coffee shop in the Contemporary Hotel is set off in a corner of the lobby near the entrance to the Conference Center, no directional signs or publicity. The menu is limited to coffee products including lattes and cappuccinos and bakery products. Regular coffee is $3 and fancier options up to $6. Assorted muffins, crullers, and donuts also run no more than $3. The pastry products were excellent, the coffee among the best ever sampled in the state of Florida. Seating is at a few random couches with low tables across the lobby from the counter. More than any other Disney venue, we found the counter help friendly and cheerful, worthy of note.

Perhaps the higher standards here reflect management by an outside company, Joffrey's, rather than the Disney operation.

Chef Mickey"s: Buffet Dining at the Contemporary Hotel

by nicolaitan Written Oct 31, 2012

The second large buffet restaurant with Disney characters is located on the Grand Canyon Concourse, approximately the fourth floor of the Contemporary. The offerings are identical to those at the Crystal Palace, obviously prepared off premises and transported in, with the exception of a few different desserts. And of course the quality remains the same.

There are several reasons this is probaby a better choice for the big expense involved in buffet dining with the characters - here a few dollars more than the Crystal Palace and with the obnoxious 18% tip added gratuitously.
    First - the characters are the more familar Disney faces, with Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, etc, and since the facility is somewhat smaller they have more time to spend with each table and can easily get around to all of them. We found the characters here more likely to spend time waiting till the perfect picture is obtained and to pose with everyone who might want an image.
    Second - overall the servers seemed a little more pleasant. Could have been the luck of the draw, of course.
    Third - liquor service is available from the little bar tucked away on the concourse, with a surprisingly passable if not outstanding martini.

Contempo Cafe: The Bottom of the Pile

by nicolaitan Written Oct 28, 2012

Contempo Cafe is a counter service restaurant at the Contemporary Hotel offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner in an open setting. Orders are placed through a computer screen, picked up after manufacture or reconstition or whatever at the counter, and transported to the register for payment. The wide ranging menu includes eggs and waffles with appropriate sides for breakfast, sandwiches salads pizzas pastas hot and cold sandwiches and hamburgers for lunch and dinner. Bakery products are in a separate counter and drinks and icecream products can be found in typical refrigerated cabinets. Prices are only on the computers. Seating is at separate tables with teak wood tabletops and wood backed chairs. Not familar with other options we came here for both a dinner and a breakfast.

The Contempo occupies prime real estate on the Grand Canyon Concourse of the Contemporary Resort and presumes to reflect a new orientation of the Disney Empire towards more healthy food choices. What we found was uniformly dismal food at high prices with clueless staff ( splitting a bill across two credit cards should not represent an intellectual challenge - we gave up trying to explain this complex financial maneuver ). The room was basically dirty, the food awful, and the coffee worse than dishwater. Unquestionably our worst dining experience at Walt Disney World.

Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe: Decent Fast Food For Lunch

by nicolaitan Written Sep 16, 2012

Thoughts on What Passes For Dining at Disney World --- Given the venue, high prices and mediocre food should come as no surprise. What was unexpected was the number of sub-mediocre venues at the same high prices. Even the most expensive places with tablecloths and waiter service are guilty of providing subpar food and superpar prices. In retrospect, the best course might be simple food prepared as ordered and not prepared en masse, pre-plated, and nuked as in the higher cost restaurants. As will be described in another tiip, even this plan does not always work.

That said, Pecos Bill comes closest to offering decent food at what passes for decent WDW prices. Located in Frontierland near Adventureland and across from Splash Mountain, location is certainly optimal. Also large, with several air-conditioned indoor rooms as well as outdoor shaded seating. The decor is meant to invoke an old time bar with heavy chandeliers, scattered wrought iron accessories, and a dull golden stucco wall as in older western movies. Orders are placed on computer screens where payment is made ( helpful mouse acolytes aid as needed ). The food is picked up on trays at a long adjoining counter. Despite the size, table space can be hard to come by especially outdoors. Best to send an advance party to find and hold a table.

Pictured is the happiest diner we saw in WDW. This fearless creature joined in just like another member of the family, posed for a photo-op, and then helped him(her)self, scared the hell out of the granddaughter who fled in tears.

Major menu items include hamburgers and wraps, taco salads and BBQ pork sandwiches, served with decent if not good french fries or apple slices. A Caesar salad is also on the limited menu ( all priced $7-9 ). Scattered sides, a few desserts - carrot cake, chocolate cake,and yogurt. Drinks and desserts - $2-4.

Favorite Dish: What sets Pecos Bill apart from most of the other moderately priced restaurants is the condiment bar - a real shock. Lots of toppings including cheese sauce, good sliced tomatoes and onions, and most impressively grilled mushrooms and onions - all included in the price of the ordered meal. Definitely adds a star or two on the rating.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Raglan Road: Irish time!

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Jul 15, 2012

The final night of our trip, we were in Downtown Disney, which is populated with many restaurants - some chains, some kitchy. We settled on Raglan Road after checking out the menu. Once again, we had reservations, but they didn't seem as necessary this time - we were seated quickly in a more restaurant-like part of the place, as opposed to in the bar area. This worked well having the little ones in tow.

The waitress was extremely friendly, and very helpful, chatted with the kids, and did everything right. The menu is fairly expansive - there were a number of choices that I had to whittle my order from, and they had several gluten free offerings for the wife as well. Lot's of choices for the kids (though they went with their good old standby burgers.) Having a bar attached, they also had a pretty extensive beer list. You also get served some tasty Irish bread that you can dip in Olive oil (infused with Guinness of course!)

I finally settled on Bangers and Booz - Guinness and onion bangers on mashed potatoes, topped with caramelized onions and beef stew. This was heavy, hearty, and heavenly. The stew was delicious, and had me second guessing as to whether or not I should have just gone with a full order of that.

Later in the meal, Irish dancers started up in the bar, and my wife, mom., and daughter went to watch for a few minutes. This added to the lively atmosphere of course!

Lots of good choices on the menu make this one a strong recommendation if you're in Downtown Disney.

Bangers and Booz Waiting for dinner...

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Casey's Corner: One of the few options on Main Street

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Jul 14, 2012

We found ourselves on Main Street around lunch time, and were looking where to go. Unfortunately, without reservations, the choices at this end of the park are extremely limited - so we ended up here at Casey's

The inside decor is all baseball themed, and the menu is all hot-dogs. And when I say all hot dogs, I mean you basically can choose from about four or five hot dogs (Chicago style, chili dog, BBQ dog, corn dog nuggets.)

There is no kids menu, and the price of the dogs run between $7-$9, so the tab runs up very quickly. I will say it tasted good, but this was our most expensive quick serve lunch, and all we got were a couple of hot dogs, served with apple slices.

Seating is very limited inside - we were able to get a table outside, but had to rotate because there wasn't enough room for all of us at once :(

Good in a pinch, but I would plan my day much better if I could do it again and eat elsewhere in the park - don't get caught over on Main Street!

$12 for this???

Crowne Plaza Hotel ORLANDO-AIRPORT, FL
Bahama Bay Resort
Latest: Jul 14, 2014

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Orlando Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Orlando locals.
Map of Orlando