Places to eat in Orlando

• American

Most Viewed Restaurants in Orlando

Beaches and Cream: Ice Cream Heaven

by cjg1 Updated Jun 15, 2015

Beaches and Cream is an old fashioned soda shop located at Disney's Beach Club Resort. My wife and I have been here several times over the years and love the old soda shop look and vibe. They serve a variety of ice cream treats: milkshakes, sundaes, cones, ice cream sodas, etc. They also serve food items such as burgers and sandwiches (we've never had any food just ice cream).

We come here for the ice cream: they have great sundaes here. They even have something called the Kitchen Sink which is a large container that resembles a kitchen sink that is filled with scoops of Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Coffee, and Mint Chocolate Chip smothered in every topping they have. It's huge and we've seen groups of four trying to finish it and failing. It's a pricey dessert at $28.99.

Personally my wife and I like their Fudge Mudslide and usually split it; unless we are super hungry and make this a meal instead of a treat. We have had this both times we came here for a sit down dessert. The Mudslide is a Soft, warm brownie covered in ice cream, oreos, fudge, syrup and whipped cream. It is amazingly good and filling. We have also had take away Root Beer floats which are really quite tasty. I usually get the traditional Root Beer Float with Vanilla Ice Cream but my wife prefers her float with chocolate ice cream.

This is a nice bit of nostalgia and reminds me of a ice cream shop I worked in as a kid but much nicer decor for sure at Disney.

Yummy Sundae Fudge Mudslide

Cooke's of Dublin: Dessert Break

by cjg1 Updated Jun 15, 2015

Cooke's of Dublin is one of the casual dining/counter service establishments located in the Downtown Disney/Marketplace area. They serve a variety of food such as Fish & Chips, meat pies, fish pies, bangers and mash and other pub grub fare.

What caught my eye was the dessert. As we were passing by I saw the desserts being eaten by one group of people and just had to get myself some. One of the desserts for that day was an individual portion of Tiramisu; which is my favorite dessert hands down. The tiramisu was very nice and a good sized portion for one person. It's not the best I have had by any means but it was good enough for my dessert craving.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Gaston's Tavern: Cinnamon Buns!!!

by cjg1 Updated May 27, 2015

Gaston's Tavern is one of the newer additions to Magic Kingdom in Fantasyland. This is a quickservice spot for counterservice meals and snacks. This place is named after the villian of the Beauty and the Beast Movie; Gaston and looks like a hunting lodge complete with antlers(probably fake so you PETA people can relax).

The big draw of this place is beer with souvenir steins available for purchase. We came here specifically for the Cinnamon Buns (we love Cinnamon Buns) which are amazingly good and very large. If you want a sweet breakfast treat that will hold you all day long; have a cinnamon bun. I think we paid $4 a bun and it was well worth it for the gooey, sweet, doughy treat.

Sugary, sweet goodness

Kusafiri Bakery: Cupcake Break

by cjg1 Updated May 27, 2015

Kusafiri Bakery is a bakery/cafe located in the Animal Kingdom. This place serves pastries, baked god and light breakfast fare. It's counter service so place your order, pay and find a seat. After skiping breakfast to hit up the park before it got too crowded; I found myself hungry. After seeing the cupcakes I wanted one in the worst way. My wife decided to go to one of the fruit kiosks and have some pineapple spears instead.

So I had dessert for breakfast; a nice, large chocolate cupcake with vanilla fosting with a chocolate bear print on top. It's a big cupcake; you could easily share it between two people. Yeah, I loved this sweet treat and it always feels good having dessert for breakfast.

Aloha Isle: Dole Whip

by cjg1 Updated May 27, 2015

One of our favorite cool treats in the Magic Kingdom is a Dole Whip or the Dole Whip Swirl. The Dole Whip is a icecream/sherbert type treat and is a tasty pineapple flavored treat. We usually get a cup to share at $3.99 unless we really are hungry and it makes a nice refreshing snack when in Adventureland.

Frontierland Churro Cart: Churro's and Mickey Pretzels

by cjg1 Updated May 14, 2015

Mickey pretzels are always a treat and who doesn't want a Mickey shaped pretzel... The pretzels are sold in a few varieties: standard flavor, jalapeno cheese filled and cream cheese filled. All varieties are $3.79 each. They are large enough to share if you are not super hungry and make for a good snack to tide you over to dinner.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Grand Floridian Cafe: Good but Pricey Breakfast.......

by cjg1 Updated May 8, 2015

I'll probably never have breakfast here again simply because the prices are too high and it's not even a Character breakfast. We were lazy and just wanted to eat at the hotel so we ate here. We have stayed at other resort hotels and eaten at various Disney restaurants so we know what normal pricing is. Yes, the Grand Floridian is beautiful and the service and atmosphere is perfect but I can get more for the money elsewhere.

Coral Reef: A Meal Under the Sea

by cjg1 Updated May 7, 2015

My wife and I have eaten here twice over the years and the food is just meh. The view of the enormous fish tanks are the highlight here not the food. I would expect more of a seafood heavy menu but you get a better selection at Fulton's Crab House. I guess they are trying to apeal to the masses here with a more Standard American fare.

Our first visit here was in 2008 and was okay. We decided to give it another try in 2015 and I think we're done trying. Don't get me wrong; the decor is nice, the service is typical Disney wow but the food really should be more yum.

My wife had the NY Strip and it was nicely cooked and served with mushrooms. Presentation was okay but it was a bit lacking in flavor. I had the Rainbow Trout which was a first try for me but didn't knock my socks off. Dessert though is very good. I indulged in the chocolate wave; which is a lava cake. It's served with a raspberry sorbet which was quite nice.

NY Strip Trout Chocolate Wave

Boma: Awesome Buffet

by cjg1 Updated May 6, 2015

Boma is located at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort at Disney. We came here for the buffet breakfast and wanted to check out the resort. The place itself is definitely up to Disney standards with the theme of Africa represented in the decor.

We had reservations for breakfast at 7am and arrived a bit early. We were seated before 7am at a table that was close to the window which had a nice view of the lush foliage. They had a great selection of drinks available speciality coffee, teas and an array of juices. they even had my wife's favorite juice blend; POG (Passionfrui, Orange and Guava).

The buffet was full of breakfast items: meats,eggs, cheeses, bread, pancakes, waffles, french toast, fruit, cereal, etc. I was happy with having an omlette,bread pudding french toast and some bacon. My wife loves their french toast and their fresh fruit. We mistakingly wound up with a Birthday Cupcake that was meant for a later table but they let us keep it regardless.

Food here was good quality and the service was good without hovering. I would come back here again.

Omlette

Raglan Road: Surprisingly Good Food

by cjg1 Updated May 6, 2015

We have dined here twice over the years; the first time during our first Disney trip together and most recently in February 2015. We were in Downtown Disney and decided to have some lunch here. It's a rather large place with a big bar area, dining room and even an Irish gift shop. It was pretty quiet and we were one of only three tables with diners. The waitress on both occasions were very nice and the service was good.

The food here very good. It's pretty rare to find bad food on Disney property.

My wife always orders the Steak Sanger. It is a Sliced sirloin steak with fried onions, mushrooms and a spicy horseradish remoulade. It came with french fries or should I say "chips". I have had the fish and chips which was very tasty both visits. We both had unsweetened ice teas to quench our thirst.

This is a good pub grub experience if you don't want to venture into Epcot for the Rose & Crowne. I prefer the R&C though mostly due to the outdoor dining experience.

Fish & Chips Steak Sanger & chips Liz looking tired...... I'm still excited from our trip
    • Theme Park Trips
    • Singles

Lotus Blossom Cafe: Snack Time

by cjg1 Updated May 6, 2015

Lotus Blossom Cafe is in the China Pavillion of Epcot's World Showcase. Since Epcot is allowed to sell alcoholic beverages; why not same some from each pavillion. We have stopped at the Lotus Blossom Cafe several times during our Epcot visits;sometimes just for drinks and sometimes for a snack as well.. The have a nice assortment of food such as : Potstickers, Egg Rolls, Orange Chicken , fried rice and more. Just place your ordr at the register, pay and you food/beverage is ready on a tray. Finding a seat can be difficult when it's busy but we have always been lucky in that respect.

Our last visit in ebruary 2015; I was a bit hungry and decided to have some Spring rolls and my wife had an iced Peach Oolong tea which is a favorite of hers. The Spring Rolls hit the spot for me and kept me good until dinner.

Spring Rolls and Iced Tea

T-Rex: Lunch with the Dinosaurs

by cjg1 Updated Apr 22, 2015

We would normally shy away from such a kid friendly and themed restaurant such as this but I was glad we chose to check this place out. As the name T-Rex implies; this place is dinosaur themed. The exterior of the restaurant has large dinosaur statues along with a sand pit with replica dinosaur bones.

We were in the Marketplace/Downtown Disney area doing some shopping and decided to have lunch here. We have an upcoming family trip to Disney with our nephew and wanted to see if this would be a place he might like. We arrived at 11:30 am and were seated right away. I was amazed at the interior of this place. There were several different themed areas throughout the dining space. We were seated in the main section by the Fire Pit that was surrounded with animatronic dinosaurs that moved and reacted in particular every twenty minutes when they had their "meteor shower" pass over the dining rooms complete with lights, sound effects and images on the ceiling.

The menu had a nice selection of fish, meat and poultry selections to choose from as well as drinks all with a bit of a dinosaur theme to it. We started by ordering drinks; I chose an unsweetened iced tea while my wife chose one of her favorite frozen drinks; a Lava Flow. As we waited for our drinks we had a change to peruse the many tasty sounding food offerings. From what we saw of the food going by us to other tables; the portions looked large and quite appetizing.

Our drinks arrived and we placed our order. I chose the Mega Mess-O Bones; which is a nice slab of pork spareribs with fries and coleslaw. My wife chose the Neanderthal New York Strip which came with fried onions and a side of crab mac and cheese. After placing our order we decided to have a look at the other areas of the restaurant and their themes. One area looked like a giant ice cave; complete with geodes and woolly mammoths. Another area looked like a rainforest and had lush plants and animatronic dinos. The bar area was the most interesting to me with huge fish tanks; a large glowing squid above the bar and jellyfish shaped lighting. They really did an amazing job with the decor and making this place very interesting for all ages.

The first meteor shower started before we received our food and was quite the spectacle. Lights and images on the ceiling looked like fiery meteors crashing down on the dinosaurs. The animatronic dinosaurs reacted as if they were getting hit by them or running away. It was definitely a fun show but there was a young child at the table next to us who got so scared he went under the table to hide. So be warned some little children might be frightened easily by this.

Our food arrived after the meteor shower ended and looked amazingly good. I loved my ribs. They were a nice portion and very flavorful. The coleslaw was good and I enjoyed the spiced waffle fries. My wife enjoyed her steak but wasn't that thrilled with the crab mac and cheese. It wasn't bad but nothing to rave about after I had a taste of it. At the end of our meal we had another meteor shower and a chance to finish our drinks before asking for the check.

I was very surprised how much we enjoyed this place. Good food, good service; we will definitely bring little Robert here for a meal.

*At the exit to the restaurant is a gift shop and a Build-A- Dino workshop much like build a bear. Pick your dino; stuff it and dress it up. *

Favorite Dish: My ribs were very good and the portion was quite filling. My wife enjoyed her steak but especially loved her Lava Flow.

Steak with Crab Mac n Cheese Ribs and Waffle Fries Liz and her Lava Flow(feb 2015) I'm loving this place Meals with a side of Dinosaur

Karamell Kuche: Caramel Treats in Epcot

by cjg1 Updated Apr 22, 2015

Karamell Kuche is a recent addition to the Germany Pavillion at Epcot. This shop took the place of the crystal shop. As the name implies; all tasty treats with caramel can be found here: chocolates, cupcakes, cookies, caramel apples, caramel corn, etc.

The intoxicating aroma of caramel decends upon your nose as soon as you enter the pavillion and then you must follow the scent to this shop. Upon entering you can sample some caramel corn which is quite good; I was able to partake but my wife can't eat popcorn with her diverticulitis. The display cases are chocked full of tempting treats and we decided to share some treats. We chose the caramel roll with marshmellow cream and some pieces of sea salted caramels covered in chocolate.

The chocolates were okay we have our favorite shop that makes these in Portsmouth, NH and they make the best in my opinion. The caramel roll was amazing; we both loved it and were on a sugar high for some time after. This is definitely a place to stop in for a sweet treat.

Caramel Roll with Marshmellow Cream All things caramel covered Sea salted chocloate caramel

Toy Story Pizza: Decent Pizza at Hollywood Studios

by cjg1 Updated Mar 30, 2015

Located in Hollywood Studios; this place is simply as its name implies a Pizza place. There is a variety of individually sized pizzas on the menu to choose from. After enjoying several attractions at Hollywood Studios; we decided to grab a quick lunch here before heading on to explore some more of the park.

We were fortunate to get here before the big lunch crowds and were able to snag a decent seat along with pepperoni and cheese personal pizzas, salads and drinks. Pizza is eh...tasted like a frozen pizza but I wasn't expecting gourmet cuisine. Either way it was filling and kept us going until dinner.

Pepperoni Personal Pizza Personal Cheese Pizza

Via Napoli: Good Pizza in Epcot

by cjg1 Updated Mar 30, 2015

Via Napoli is located in the Italian Pavillion in Epcot. This is a table service restaurant serving Italian fare such as pizza, salads, appetizers and pasta. My wife and I enjoy coming here for their wood fired pizzas.

Basically you can pick a pizza from the menu or make your own combination with a variety of toppings. The sizes vary from small individual to a family sized pizza that feeds 5 people. depending on how hungry we are we usually have individual pizzas or split a large if we are wanting the same toppings.

Our most recent visit in February 2015 we split a plain cheese pizza. We were both rather hungry and only had one slice remaining after lunch. The pizza here is very good as as close to real pizza from Naples as you can get without a Passport. It's a definite must stop for lovers of good pizza.

Orlando Hotels

Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Airport Hotel
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Orlando Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Orlando locals.
Map of Orlando