Planet Hollywood, Orlando

• gcmm's Profile Photo

planet hollywood: Great food

by gcmm Updated Jan 10, 2010

Rocket Man

The planet hollywood is a nice place to eat...
    You can get this as a side bonus ( one of your free choices with a disney package...so the price won't shock you.. It is not the cheapest place to eat. But the food is excellent and the service was very good...
    We did have to wait about 45 minutes but that was not to bad, so plan ahead...
    All around the cafe there are things from certin movies,props and items from rocky,the rocket man, Hocus Pocus etc......
    It is kind of neat to walk around and see them..
    If you can I would try to eat here at least once just to experiance it..

Favorite Dish: All of our food was great...
    I had a steak with the little red potatos
    and salard, it was very good.....

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: A RESTAURANT MOVIE BUFFS WILL LOVE

by moiraistyx Updated Apr 4, 2011

Patrick and I enjoying some beverages.

This was my very first Planet Hollywood experience and I have to say that I absolutely had a great time. Patrick and I enjoyed walking around the restaurant viewing all the different exhibits that were on display. Rich was thrilled because they had part of a scene from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. As for the food well it was absolutely delicious. I enjoyed an order of crab cakes which were served with sautéed vegetables and home made mashed potatoes. I followed up my meal with the brownie dessert. To drink I had a frozen raspberry margarita. Richie had the chicken fajitas with a bowl of vanilla ice cream and to drink a traditional frozen margarita. All the children had chicken nuggets and french fries as their meal. Our wait staff was really friendly and helpful in keeping us within our dining plan. We did have a good laugh when one of our wait staff tried to serve our desserts to another table. Overall we all loved this place and will definitely pay it a visit on our next trip. This place gets busy really fast, I highly suggest that you make reservations ahead of time.

HOURS OF OPERATION:

Restaurant : 11am - 1am
    Bar: 11am - 2am
    Merchandise Shop: 10:00am - 2am

Favorite Dish: The crab cakes were extra yummy and the tarter sauce they served along with them seemed to have a bit of an extra kick to it, I think it may have had a dash of horse radish in it.

• starship's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood Orlando!: Movie Clips While You Dine

by starship Updated Jul 24, 2006

Inside decor is all Hollywood!

Some people don't like chain restaurants but I think Planet Hollywood offers entertainment and a pretty good meal for the money. I've eaten at quite a few Planet Hollywoods from London and Honolulu to San Diego and Orlando. Each restaurant has large screens throughout the dining areas showing a melange of movie clips and each different Planet Hollywood has its own large collection of movie memorabilia. I love movies so I can't help but love this place. The service is good and the meals are standardly good but certainly not gourmet.

Prices has risen at Planet Hollywood just as at other restaurants, but in comparison to similar fare inside Disney World, the prices might be considered very reasonable indeed! It's also a good place to bring children--they will definitely be entertained. The last time we ate at this particular Planet Hollywood, "Carrot Top" the entertainer was having dinner here.

Favorite Dish: I especially like the appetizers and pasta dishes.

• shohman's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: thanks, but no thanks

by shohman Updated Nov 5, 2005

Planet Hollywood

personally, I don't see the joy in staring at a glass encased jacket worn by Julia Roberts (unless perhaps, she is wearing the jacket at the time) but there is a huge market for this type of nonsense. Sadly, I won't be joining you for dinner.

Favorite Dish: water with lemon

• doug48's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: casual dining

by doug48 Written Apr 28, 2007

planet hollywood

planet hollywood is a theme restaurant that show cases movie memorabilia. like the hard rock cafe and the house of blues the restaurant decor is more memorable than the food. if you are a movie buff the planet hollywood is worth checking out.

• miso80's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: A Place that will let you in @11:00 pm...

by miso80 Written Aug 8, 2005

On the Outside

The ambience is..exciting. The building on the outside is nice...It was the only place that was open and would let us in when we got there , at 11:00 p.m. on a Friday night... so, that's was one of its BIGgest Pros.

The food was ok, but the place was pretty expensive. Some appetizers, a few burgers, a couple of drinks an the bill was soaring...and mind you, I say this after spending 2 weeks in Manhatten (Great food, and lots of $$$$).

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: Snacks after the Movies

by cjg1 Written Mar 5, 2009

We had just gotten out from a movie at AMC and decided to stop into Planet Hollywood for some food and drinks. We gave our name to the hostess and climbed the stairs to the restaurant. The wait was about 10 minutesbefore we were seated at a table. The DJ was playing some great 80's music. There were very few children around since it was almost 10pm (which is always great to me). Our waiter came and tok our drink order rather quickly. Liz wanted a Strawberry Dacquiri and I had a vanilla milkshake. Liz was very happy with her drink and I loved the thick shake. We dediced to split some appetizers so we ordered the sliders and the Parmesan Spinach Dip . The sliders were very good and tasty with Russian dressing. The Spinach dip was bubbly and warm with crunch tortilla chips. It was fun having a nice snack and some drinks with some retro 80's music bringing us back some childhood memories.

• Samscalling's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood: Planet Hollywood.....No thanks!

by Samscalling Written Mar 26, 2006

We ate at the Planet Hollywood after an afternoon at DTD.

I have to say the whole experience was a complete let down. Our server was useless - it wasn't that he was busy, he just gave the whole impression he couldn't care less. We struggled to get drink refills - the meal was cold when it came...after waiting 40 minutes for it, when the place wasn't even very busy as it was only 5pm.....I asked for some BBQ sauce, which he didn't get, so asked someone else - then he made a rude comment about 'Well don't ask me then' - compared to other places in Orlando, it was awful.

I wouldn't eat here again if you paid me! Maybe it was a bad day - but cold food & ignorant servers....no thanks!

Favorite Dish: I had the delight of the chicken wrap & stone cold fries! mmm, yummy! We then stupidly tried our luck at a dessert - we should have known it would have been as bad - I had cheesecake which was still frozen in the centre....& I'm not talking a little, I mean full blown ice, lol!

• Planet Hollywood: Threw up 2 times

by lornamorgan Updated Mar 16, 2007

The food is sooo bad, I have been to this restaurant 2 times the first time I was 21 and after my food I was sick and it wasn't because I over-ate. I put it down to jet lag, so I went back there several years later and had the same experience even though this time no jet lag.

Food is bad, interesting enough for a walk around to look at it but don't stick around for the food, save your stomach for something better.

• Planet Hollywood-Orlando: Food Poisoning.......

by wpooh06 Updated Jun 25, 2006

Last night on Saturday June 24th, 2006 My husband & I & another couple ate dinner at Planet Hollywood, Orlando. What a mistake this was. My friends & I ordered the potato skins with extra bacon & also some chicken wings, to share as our meal. My husband ordered the "Ribeye" steak dinner with fries. When our order came out our potato skins had no bacon on them & my husbands steak & fries were very overcooked. Usually you are given a chance to complain to your server about any concerns, but our server was no where to be found, until it was time to give us the check. I had to get up out of my seat, to get the steak sauce. I understand that the restaurant is busy but all customers deserve some attention. What bothers me the most is that approximately 3 1/2 hours later my husband became extremely ill. In the eight years I have been with him I can honestly say he NEVER gets sick. He has gotten food poisoning from the steak! There is no reason for this to happen. He had noticed an unfamilar taste to the steak, but he thought maybe they had used their own special seasoning on the steak. Here it is 14 hours later & he is still feeling really bad. I do not recommend that anyone order the ribeye dinner from there. There is no telling how long that meat has gone uninspected for freshness. We spent $100.00 in that restaurant & for what? I would have felt better goving the money to someone who really needed it, then wasting it on this experience. We will never frequent this particular establishment ever again. BEWARE all future steak eaters.
    A VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER

Favorite Dish: CAN THERE POSSIBLY BE ONE?

• wendygemdavis's Profile Photo

Planet Hollywood Orlando FL: Do not waste your time or money!

by wendygemdavis Written May 25, 2012

My family & I have loved Planet Hollywood for years, but we will NEVER go back again! The prices have increased dramatically. We are a family of six and our bill was over $212.00! This bill is not the result of any alcohol (we do not drink at all) and four of us ordered waters. I asked the waiter if Planet Hollywood did anything for birthdays since my four children, yes, quadruplets, were celebrating their birthday. He said that they put it on the overhead projector. I told him that would be great and thanked him. He came back to the table and told us that the quadruplet’s desserts were on the house. I have this on my video camera. After we ate, he brought 4 dessert menus for the kids to pick from and each one picked a different dessert. He brought them out and lit each one with a candle. My husband and I sang “Happy Birthday!” At the end, we were charged $8 plus tax and 18% gratuity for the desserts. I ask the waiter about this and his response was the following, “You did not think we were going to cover four desserts did you?” I sat there in shock and I will NEVER go back! Wendy Davis, PhD Cand., Trussville, AL 35173 (wdavis@ecpi.edu)

Favorite Dish: The food is way over priced! Do you really want to pay over $20 for a hamburger?

• Theme Park Trips

• Planet Hollywood: Good Food

by HappyfromScotland Written Jun 3, 2011

Just back from Florida and went to Planet Hollywood with the family. Had chicken wings for starters and New York Strip steak. Wings were excellent and the steak was one of the best I have ever had. That coupled with music video's in background made it an excellent experience. Would defo recommend it!

• Planet Hollywood: Great for kids!

by ddroldan Written May 28, 2007

If you are looking for a good meal and a lot of fun, Planet Hollywood is the place! My 10 and 13 year olds loved watching the music videos and interacting with the DJ and staff. My 3 year old was mesmerized during the entire meal. We had a great family meal that was loads of fun!

Favorite Dish: We shared the VIP appetizer. Lots of it and the Captain Crunch chicken was awesome!

• Planet Hollywood: Below standard Food. Nice exhibits

by alexdj7 Written Dec 7, 2006

If you are looking for good food in nice surroundings this is the wrong place. If you want to eat burgers, chips, steaks or baked potatoes in a building full of rubbish film memorabilia then this is your place. We were in the restaurant on a quite night and still received poor service and poor quality food. My recommendation would be to walk around the film memorabilia shop across from the restaurant then eat at the Irish bar and you will have a much better evening.

• Planet Hollywood: Disgusting, Expensive Food

by yizzy99 Written Jul 7, 2005

For about $10, you can order a cold hamburger and frozen french fries, all so you can stare at movie props while you eat. It's not worth it.

It's a miracle this overpriced tourist trap still exists. The food is just BAD!

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Hotels Near Planet Hollywood
4.5 out of 5 stars