Seafood, Orlando

by melanief
  • Seafood
    by shohman
  • Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Fulton's Crab House: Oh Yes - Great Crabs!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Nov 15, 2003

Fulton's Crab House view from Dock-side

OK, Disney Downtown cannot be all bad because one of its restaurants is Fulton's Crab House! This riverboat-looking establishment is well worth a visit if you are into seafood! I was treated to an evening meal there by the organization that was hosting our meetings at the Wyndham. The waterfront location of the restaurant gives it a nice ambiance, especially when things are lit up at night all around the area. We went on a Tuesday night at 6:30 and had to wait about 50 minutes for a table for four - so it is best to make reservations well in advance (we tried at 4:30 but it was too late). However, sitting in the Stone Crab Lounge sipping on a Sam Adams draft beer was not hard to take while we waited!

Favorite Dish: In the end, I decided to try the Washington State Dungeness Crabs. This is a 1.25 pound plate of select clusters of steamed, succulant crabs, served with Red Skin potatoes and drawn butter ($29). Our host ordered a bottle of Ravenswood 2001 California Zinfandel ($36) to help ease it down! It was a really good meal, and I noticed that the meat was fuller and came out of the shell easier than the Snow Crabs that I had tried in Princeton, NJ only a month before (still - no complaints there either!).

• Business Travel

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

International Lighthouse Lobster Feast: International Lighthouse Lobster Feast

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

An all-you-can-eat lobster and crab legs buffet, with many other dishes available in case you get bored of the lobster and crab legs. Decor wasn't all that great, but the prompt and friendly service made up for it. And a lot less kids in this place too!

Look out for the discount coupons in various coupon books available from hotels and gift shops.

I've never felt so tired consuming so much lobster/crab before... :)

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Shari Sushi Lounge: The raw stuff with style!

by Gwynneth Written Apr 26, 2005

Shari Sushi Lounge

Shari Sushi Lounge is simply the best! I've been to so many sushi restaurants... we have sushi for lunch... so I feel confident in my statement 100% Shari's menu is mouth-watering with a visual presentation second to none!

Shari's head chef and owner, Chau has excelled in everyway. He has chosen well knowledge staff who understand that service is sometimes difficult expecially if you are new to Sushi and all that is raw. Our waiter brought samples of the menu and Saki to tempt us so we could make a selection from our true favourites.

As for the atmosphere, Shari is divine. There is seating outside on the terrace and two levels of dining inside with an open sushi kitchen so you can see the creations as they happen!

I would recommend this place to anyone!!

Favorite Dish: My favourite sushi at Shari is the 'Japanese Bagel' (they call it 'bagel' because it has the creamest cream cheese in the centre). I enjoyed this sushi roll so much I ordered it twice!

• shohman's Profile Photo

Boston Fish House: A TASTE OF BOSTON

by shohman Written Apr 30, 2005

One of the great delights of growing up in Boston was the fresh seafood. Especially the fried clams. The Clams of New england are like none to be found anywhere else. Boston Fish House has fresh seafood flown in several times per week and they cook it up New England style. The lines can be long and you may have to wait for a table, but the food is outstanding and worth the wait.

Favorite Dish: Fried Clams!

• Kristin_Reynolds's Profile Photo

Cedar River: SEAFOOD!!!!

by Kristin_Reynolds Written Sep 9, 2003

This Seafood restaurant is decorated to look like you are underwater, and at one part of the restaurnt you actually are. They have Huge Aquariums of all sorts or tropical fish. It really is amazing.

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish from this restaurant is the breaded shrimp.

• Singles
    • Aquarium

• iaint's Profile Photo

Fulton's Crab House: the best

by iaint Written Jul 6, 2007

Popular place - booking recommended!

Its done up like a paddle steamer - bit cheesy, but hell, its Disney.

It was the best place we found in around 4/5 days in Orlando, although Junior (only 7 at the time) took a liking to the fajitas at the Mexican place.

Dinner here was one of the highlights of the trip for me. On the way home I asked Junior what his highlight was, and he'd decided on the fish & chips at Fulton.

Favorite Dish: The Bloody Marys are top notch (Junior helped me back to the bus).

So are the lobster tails.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Hue: Exotic Fish... Mouthwatering Food

by Gwynneth Updated Jun 15, 2005

Terry, Gwynneth, Lois, Derek

Hue Restaurant is an award winning urban bistro in the heart of DownTown Orlando. The intimate decor enhanced by mood lighting welcomes you as you enter the Hue... the staff are dressed in black and fade into the back ground as they busy themselves serving and making you feel comfortable and welcome.

We really enjoyed our evening here and found our waiter both entertaining and intelligent which added to the fun of our farwell gathering in honour of Lois who was moving to New Mexico to coach high level and olympic swimmers.

Favorite Dish: My favourite flava at Hue Restaurant was the Tuna Tartar in Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette garnish with Crispy Wontons. Talk about melt in your mouth!! Sensational. Memorable. Totally need to have it again!

• melanief's Profile Photo

Shells Seafood Restaurant: The best seafood in Orlando

by melanief Updated Apr 4, 2011

Shells Seafood Restaurant

This is a great place for seafood, the decor is bright and cheery colors and the service is great.

Favorite Dish: My favorite is the dungeness crab legs! I get the 1 1/2 pound platter, it comes with boiled potatoes and cole slaw. Very good!

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Red Lobster: Red Lobster - Huge menu to choose from

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

A great selection of seafood dishes to choose from. Nice ambience and friendly service. The portions were massive (compared to UK standards - probably average to US standards). So be careful / avoid ordering starters if you have moderate appetites.

• Theme Park Trips

• Sushi House: Best Sushi in Orlando -- Beats Amura hands down!

by Gatorgirlie Written Jan 14, 2008

Sushi House is a very intimate (read: small) sushi joint on Sand Lake Road. The ambiance is relaxed, intimate and quite. The servers are friendly and the service prompt. The only negatives I've discovered with Sushi House are that they only play one movie -- Memoirs of a Geisha -- which wouldn't be bad if you only eat there once in a while.... and they have no high chairs. When we bring our toddler son (who, yes, likes sushi) we have to keep him in his stroller. The fish is the freshest I've found in Central Florida (and we eat a LOT of sushi). I've never encountered a long wait, but that's because we usually go during off-peak times. I have heard that on Friday and Saturday nights, there will be a wait.

I can't count the number of sushi places we've tried (they include Shari and Amura) but we keep returning to Sushi House. Their dishes are innovative but not overly so. Their spices and additions are enough to enhance the flavor of the fish rather than hide the fact you're eating sushi (ahem... Amura). There's a reason this sushi place is consistently winning awards like City's Best, Best Sushi and Most Popular. Their Crunchy Spicy Tuna is the best, closely followed by the Crunchy Spicy Salmon -- the spicy mayo isn't overwhelming and the taste and texture perfectly complement both types of fish. I highly recommend both of those rolls along with the Wasabi Roll, Zen Roll and Philadelphia Roll.

On to their pricing, they are a moderately priced sushi joint. Their rolls can run anywhere from $5 (for a regular tuna roll) to $13 (the Wasabi Roll) depending on the complexity of the dish and ingredients used. You get anywhere from 2 (Zen Roll) to 9 pieces (Wasabi Roll), but usually you'll receive 6 (the standard).

Anyway... prices moderate, service is always good, and the sushi is excellent! If you're a sushi-lover in Orlando, you need to check this place out!

Favorite Dish: Crunchy Spicy Tuna... It's a traditional spicy tuna roll topped with a large amount of tempura flakes (yum) and fresh tuna tossed with a spicy mayo. The mayo isn't overwhelming and perfectly matches the tuna. Yum.

• biminitwst's Profile Photo

High Tide Harrys: Reel good seafood and burgers at High Tide Harry's

by biminitwst Updated Jun 30, 2009

fried seafood

Harrys reminds me one of those old Florida seafood places I used to enjoy in Mayport, Crawfordville, or St. Augustine.
    No frills, noisy, but lots of pretty good food for a nice price.
    There is a very extensive menu, and most seafood is available fried, blackened, or sauteed, but fried fish is usually best here. They offer catfish either as whole fingerlings, my favorite, or full size fillets without the bones. Another favorite of mine is fried soft shell blue crab. I'm salivating just thinking about it! Whole blue crabs are usually available as a platter, or all you can eat, prepared either Maryland or garlic style.
    There is a daily oyster bar happy hour special, but the oysters here aren't anywhere close to Lee and Ricks standards.
    A house specialty is Blu Stew, a brown gumbo packed with crab meat.
    TVs are in the bar area for you sports fans, and they even offer pretty good hamburgers, wings and some other stuff for the seafood haters in your group.
    Full bar, beer specials, speedy, friendly and usually attentive wait staff, all combine to make this place one of my favorites.
    Speaking of the bar, that is a great place for single diners to go. Everyone there seems friendly and laid back, and you won't be seated next to unruly children. There are tall tables and chairs for small groups of four or less.
    This place is right up at the top of my cheap eats list.
    When you go, be sure to order the seared tuna skewer appetizer or the blue crab fingers if you can. Both are available "when available"!

Favorite Dish: I love the fried softshell crabs.

• Margaritaville: Margaritaville and Lone Palm Airport Tikki Hut

by Foriano Updated Mar 13, 2006
    Doree at Lone Palm Airport and Tiki Hut

Overlooking Universal Citywalk lagoon, this is the place is a Parrot Head's inland haven.

Favorite Dish: Here is found the Cheeseburger from paradise, to be chosen after one beer, one accompanying the meal, and another after the plate is empty. Crab cakes should be another person's choice, or your second choice on a different day. This is a seacoast atmosphere because of the lagoon and Hemisphere Dancer, and provides a great indoors networked distrubution of JImmy Buffet and the Coral Reefers concerts. Here you can also experience the volcano blow & blast, and watch the lava flow down from the crater at the indoor Tikki Hut bar.

• Music
    • Theme Park Trips

• Boston Lobster Feast: Lobster!!!!

by Jolietvilletraveler Updated Mar 6, 2011

Lobster + seafood buffet.

Favorite Dish: Lobster!! Great seafood salads also. We have frequented this chain for years. Had not been there for a couple and they have closed the one at the Florida Mall altho still listed on their web site!! Lobsters were smaller than they used to be, but no matter as you can go back as many times as you want for more. Seafood bisque at the beginning is still excellent, but you may have to ask for it as not always "offered" as it used to be.

• Seniors
    • Business Travel

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Red Lobster: Friendly Fishy Place

by vichatherly Written Nov 20, 2008
    Red Lobster

We hit the branch at Kissimee. A really friendly place which serves great seafood. I think I had the Ultimate Feast which consisted of a tender split Maine lobster tail, steamed snow crab legs, garlic shrimp scampi and Walt’s Favorite Shrimp

Favorite Dish: Don't miss out on the cheese scones

• Beer Tasting

• Fulton's Crab House: Lost its luster!

by brownleewoods Written Mar 15, 2009

Had dinner in early March 2009 with 7 other golf companions, service was fair, but the food portions were terribly small for the price. One of our group ordered the broiler Tilapia and was served a 3 oz portion for $35.95. He knew it to be right around 3 oz because he is on weight watchers and has become very adept at portion sizing and control.

Most disappointing was their inability to provide 8 separate checks. They said their computer system only allowed for 6 maximum per party. We asked for the manager, he advised us that indeed the computer program was at fault, and could not be changed. Rubbish! So we were left to decipher our own billing and have one of our party pay by credit card while the rest of us reimbursed him with cash. What a crappy way to run a restaurant! We are talking over $600 here folks for 8 diners, not exactly chump change. They have insulted us for the last time, we shall not return.

Marginal service, meager portions, indifferent management, it all adds up to a regrettable evening.

Instant Answers: Orlando