Supermarkets, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

• Supermarkets
    by Florida999
  • Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Supermarkets: Publix and WALMART

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Aug 17, 2007

Publix is one of the nearest supermarket near Vista Del Lago (where we stayed). The place is complete with all the stuffs that you need from meat, fish, seafoods, ready to eat meals, fruits, pastries, cakes etc are all available.
    They are open from 9am until 12 midnight.

As for Walmart, they have several branches in Orlando. Great selection of items from groceries, electronics, clothing, shoes, souvenirs, food etc. I simply love doing my shopping here plus the fact they offer the cheapest price among the other stores in Orlando.

• Florida999's Profile Photo

1st Oriental Supermarket: Large Asian Supermarket

by Florida999 Written Jan 28, 2007

Dragon Dance on Chinese New Year

This store is about the size of a small Walmart and has any kind of Asian food ingredients you could possibly want. Plus many other items, like kitchen equipment and dishes.
    I like shopping there for various groceries that I either cannot find in a regular American supermarket or are much cheaper in this place.

What to buy: I love the pastries in the bakery. My favorite: buns with red bean paste.
    I buy a lot of vegetables there , like bean sprouts, ginger, green onions, bok choy...those type of items, plus a few I don't know what they are called...
    Plus things like soy sauce, nudels , rice, seasonings.

If you want to see some interesting stuff, take a look at the meat section.

What to pay: Less than a regular grocery store in Orlando. If you spend over a certain amount you get a lb of BBQ pork free ( it's good).

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Publix Supermarket: A way to make your money go further

by BLewJay Updated Sep 15, 2006

Since we were in a condo, we didn't want to eat at restaurants everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so we went to the nearest grocery store to stock up on food stuff.

What to buy: We purchased chicken, pork, steak, vegetables, desserts, condiments, milk, soda, beer, water, rice and chips.

What to pay: Our bill after using coupons came to $91.00

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Marinel's Profile Photo

Supermarkets: Albertsons in Winter Park

by Marinel Written Apr 14, 2005

Albertsons in Winter Park

Food is a big part of the US culture. If you go to a restaurant the portions are exagerated, billboards advocating glotony in every corner and yet people are depressed because they are fat, well duh! put the fricking fork down America and stop whinning!

What to buy: I like going to the Gurmet isle at the super market and indulging in a slice of Teramisu cake...mmmmmmmm delicious!!
    Then to the Wine Isle, wooohoooooo!!

What to pay: Depends where you shop, for a simple week grocery for one about 50.00 US dollars

• Walmarts: Grocery shop

by Clarey Written Apr 13, 2004

Well what can I say, this shop is heaven. We dont have anything like this where we live so a trip to the walmarts is a must for us. It sells everything from foods to plants to gameboy sps.

What to buy: James had saved up and brought a Gameboy sp. But remember if your are buying electrical items to check the volts. The gameboy needed a diferent adaptor for when we got home and the local shops didnt sell them so I had to get one from the internet.

What to pay: We payed $89. Oct 2003. Which saved him around £20.

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Other Shopping in Orlando