Cirque du Soleil, Orlando

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 9 Reviews

1478 E. Buena Vista Dr. (407) 939-7600.

Stage before the start of the show
    ceiling
    Show venue
  • doug48's Profile Photo

la nouba

by doug48 Updated Apr 28, 2007

cirque du soleil-la nouba

the most interesting thing to do in downtown disney is the cirque du soleil-la nouba. the story line of la nouba (to party) is the clash of cultures between the circus people, (cirques) and the urban people, (urbains). there are a number of acts using the high wire, trapeze, cycles, trampoline and more. la nouba is a fascinating artistic display of acrobatic skills. the tickets are expensive ranging from $60 to $100 a seat however it is a worthwhile experience.

• grasshopper_6's Profile Photo

Cirque de Soleil

by grasshopper_6 Updated Mar 19, 2007

La Nouba (Cirque de Soleil) at Downtown Disney

Cirque de Soleil is, well... hard to describe, really. I'll try - Take a 3 ring circus. Add a few more rings and arrange them vertically as well as horizontally. Then blend together performances in acrobatics, dance, comedy, and other stuff to form a seamless, cohesive package. It was at various times exciting, funny, frightening and bizarre - sound good?
    It is a bit costly with tickets ranging from $70 - $120, but it was well worth it in my opinion. Don't be surprised if the clowns joke with you out in the audience. In my case, I was pulled up on stage so the stunt bicycle rider could jump over me. I didn't get a photo, but they did give me a certificate ( see the second photo) as a souvenir.

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

An evening with La Nouba

by mwenn2100 Updated Jun 23, 2005

Long having been a fan of watching Cirque du Soleil on television, I knew that this was one show I had to go to. The tickets were very pricey (I think around $100), but I decided to splurge on this one thing during my trip.

There was a huge crowd gathered outside the theater about 30 minutes prior to the show, but once they opened the doors the lines moved along quickly. When you get into the building they have consession stands for food, drink, and souvenirs (all far too expensive!) We had great seats around the middle of the theater, although from what I could see there weren't any "bad" seats.

The show was unbelievable. It was very fast paced, and energetic. The whole crowd was laughing and cheering throughout the performance. They even had children doing acrobatics, tricks, etc. It was spectacular, and well worth my money.

Here is my tip that may not help a lot of people, but who knows... I had purchased the nonrefundable tickets and then had to move my vacation dates up by 2 weeks. The reservation center over the phone said that I couldn't exchange them and I was out of luck! That's a lot of money to just be wasted so when I arrived in Orlando I immediately went over to the La Nouba ticket desk and asked for their help. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted to see the show while I was there. They were extremely kind and made arrangements to get me tickets to that nights performance. I did have to pay some sort of a $20 fee (I don't remember exactly), but it was better than just losing over $100/tkt. They said if I had changed my dates to later, they wouldn't have been able to accomodate an expired ticket, but they are able to help with things that the phone operators cannot.

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Cirque du Soleil - "La Nouba " show in Orlando, Fl

by JennaTailor Updated Jan 17, 2011

If you are planning to visit Orlando, make sure to see "La Nouba " show (Cirque du Soleil) in Downtown Disney! ...I loved the show! And trust me, you don't need to buy the most expensive tickets for the front row, even the cheapest seats have great view! Plus after the show you can walk around, have a dinner in one of the restaurants or ... well ... you won't be bored...

• Theme Park Trips

• AlvaroLuis's Profile Photo

Not just a Circus

by AlvaroLuis Written Apr 3, 2005

We had been very reluctant to try this one. We thought it was too much money for a "circus". When we finally did go we could not believe how wonderful a show it is.

And to realize at the end that all the music and singing was performed LIVE was even more amazing. You should try it at least once.

• Cirque du Soleil- La Nouba

by matt34747 Updated Jun 14, 2004

Seeing a cirque show is for someone who enjoys, live music, theatrical productions, creativity and dance. I have seen 4 Cirque du Soleil productions live. La Nouba being my second favorite.
    Reserve your tickets in advance, the sooner the better, for having an orchestra seat is worth the extra time and money.
    www.cirquedusoleil.com
    You can shop or eat dinner before the show, so there is no reason not to arrive on time for the start of the production!
    Enjoy! Ciao.

• Cirque du Soleil - La Nouba Disney - Changing tick

by sailtango Written May 8, 2012

Hi! I just (may 8th 2012) bought tickets for La Nouba at Disney Orlando for novembre 30th 2012. The date was a mistake. I called 407-566-4985 option 4, and they changed the date with no problem at all for October 2. Very helpfull people, very polite, a pleasure dealing with them. The waiting time on line was very short also.

• Theme Park Trips

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

La Nouba

by grandmaR Written Jul 6, 2013
    ticket

It was a very good show although I don't know if I would consider it 'good value' as it was what I think of as expensive. It was really a circus show.They started out with two clowns and the two clowns also did the entre-acts. After the clowns (and people were still being seated) the main characters came in on the level right behind our seats and paraded down to the stage. There were some smoke effects at the beginning. The set was like a haunted castle.

I am not able to recall the order of the acts, but one of the first ones was with skipping ropes - kind of a combination of those double Dutch rope jumping teams and the ribbon routines of rhythmic gymnastics. There were some high wire and slack wire performers. A cleaning lady type (a la Carol Burnett) came out and various parts of the stage went up and down. There was a clown bit where they were apparently on the moon and the graphic on the sky was the earth.

There were four little girls who did a routine with something that looked like wooden spindles and rope. They had a couple of men doing trick bicycle riding. There were aerialists (all men although some of them had a cute red ruffle around their hips) on the trapezes. There was a trampolining section where people bounced up to the tops of a 'building' and back down. And there was a beautiful man (probably conceited as he was SO good looking) who did a kind of rope flying act- sort of gymnastics on red curtains which came down from the ceiling. He had four girls with him.

The band and the singers were inside the castle formations on the side. Live music I think. Also there was a sketch where the princess kisses a frog - the frog was a special spotlight and sound effect.

When they came back for the curtain calls, the princess had a prince with her.

The show lasted about a hour and a half.

• walsing's Profile Photo

Cirque du Soleil

by walsing Written Aug 24, 2002

A most entertaining and unique experience. One of the most rememberable evenings of our holiday. Much more thatn a circus. I cant say enough. the tickets were about $90 each and worth every cent.

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Hotels Near Cirque du Soleil
3.5 out of 5 stars