Hot Air Balloon Ride, Orlando

Off We GO!!!
  • Samscalling's Profile Photo

Hot Air Balloon Ride

by Samscalling Updated Apr 4, 2011

I booked a trip as a suprise for Dave, & it was perfect because we could do it early in the morning, then still go shopping as we'd planned for the day - as we didn't have any spare days, it was really hard to fit things in!

I booked with Bluewater Balloons after finding them online - they were very friendly & it cost me $165 pp. In with the price was a transfer to-from our hotel, the flight, a certificate & champagne glass & gorgeous picnic after the flight.

We were picked up at 5.30am & drove to another hotel where we met the rest of the team & 2 other couples who were due to be taking a balloon ride. We then drove to a huge field which would be our launch point, & watched them set up the balloons.

Our flight was truly breathtaking. The scenery was amazing & you get to see so more of Orlando than you normally would - it's so peaceful too. We were lucky enough to be up there for 1hr 20mins - the flights are meant to last around an hour, but weather conditions (the wind can effect where they land) meant ours was a little longer.

Once we landed, we waited 30 mins for the chase team to arrive then had our picnic & champagne. The picnic was lovely, fresh fruits, biscuits, pastries, muffins....a really nice touch. We then got our certificates & photo they had taken before launch which was free - again, a nice touch as some companies would charge!

We were then taken back to our hotel for 10.45 - which was perfect as we could still go shopping like we'd planned!

I thoroughly recommend a balloon ride over Orlando - it's a wonderful experience & bluewater balloons definitely get my vote!

• Luxury Travel
    • Hot Air Ballooning

• Hot Air Ballooning in Orlando

by iflyhab Written Apr 28, 2007

Mist is stunning

Hi Jeff -

I don't know where to begin to tell what an amazing experience is hot air ballooning. I don't understand why it's not one of Orlando's top attractions. Certainly beats all Disney's attractions. Also, wanted to thank you the great customer experience you gave us. You were able to pass on to my parents and grandparents your passion for ballooning that you have cultivated during so many years. I can't wait to take my daughter on one of your flights for her 5th year-old birthday. With your warm camaraderie and your excellence in flying balloons, I have no doubt that she will be in safe hands. Jeff you're the number one attraction in Orlando and also the best kept secret !

Sincerely,