Sea World, Orlando

• S.Ottie's Profile Photo

Get up close to amazing sea life at Sea World

by S.Ottie Updated Apr 7, 2014
    Sea World Orlando

Of all the theme parks in the Orlando area, Sea World may be my favorite. Of course, the park is most known for its animals and animal shows, but it does have a growing collection of impressive roller coasters as well. Personally, I'm not into roller coasters, but I love sea life a great deal. At Sea World, the viewing windows are such that you can get right up close and personal with dolphins and orcas. I also do like taking the ride up to the top of the Skytower. The views of the surrounding area, from Downtown Orlando to Lake Buena Vista are quite impressive!

• Madasabull's Profile Photo

Sea World

by Madasabull Updated Dec 12, 2013

Sea World is a huge wonderful place to visit. The parking alone was on such a grand scale, it took us 15 minutes to walk from our car.

It was so hot when we went, too hot, and with children that spells trouble. My girls struggled to cope in the crazy heat and humidity, and so did we to honest. If I would have realized it would have been that hot and sticky, I would have maybe gone to Orlando at a different time of the year, not in the hottest time.

But, we did get around, and we did see all the attraction here. Our pass covered for 2 days, so we saw what we could the first day, and went back the day after to enjoy some more.

It really was great to see, and a must do if your in Orlando.

• Juanita in customer service

by steelsavior Written Oct 3, 2013

Hello,
    I am a retired military veteran and have had trouble with the website in purchasing my tickets. So i called customer service. The first person couldn't help me, her name was Jewels, she then transferred me to her supervisor Juanita. Juanita was the rudest, nastiest person i've ever talked to. She kept wanting to get off the call, and then proceeded to hang up on me. I asked her not to hang up, and she did anyway. So i called back. I ended up getting a hold of her again (although the young lady before her, who answered my call, was almost as rude as Juanita), Juanita would not give me her supervisor/bosses name, she said "i am the highest person in charge", and i asked her why did she hang up on me? Guess what? She hung up on me again! Please let me find out who her boss is, and what you all plan on doing about this HUGE problem in customer relations.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Get Wet and Wild at the SeaWorlds

by freddie18 Written Mar 10, 2013
    SeaWorld Orlando Florida

You will be thrilled to the max at the three watery attractions that will get you wet and wild in Orlando. A roller coaster will surprise you into a dark and watery passageways through the sunken city that flung into the waters below. This can happen only at the SeaWorld Orlando, a place where you will encounter the mystery of the sea and the sea life. The Discovery Cove Resort is an inclusive park that will give you a chance to snorkel through stunning coral reefs and exotic fish. You can hold on to the dolphins and play with them and have a ride of a lifetime. Aquatica is another water park just across the SeaWorld. Enjoy a shaded area with your own lounger and umbrella or stay cool and relax at your private cabana.

• Water Sports

• HORRIBLE...Save your money

by Renee03 Written Dec 26, 2011

DO NOT PAY FOR THE SEA LION TOUR. I would give it no stars, but that was not an option. Save your money because you will not be up-close with a sea lion like the title and the picture suggest. First, you go to Pacific Point Preserve and they tell you the difference between a sea lion and a seal; which can be read on the signs around the exhibit. Next, you go to where the “Clyde & Seamore” show takes place. You are asked to sit in the first two rows and then are quickly taken up to the tank, a group at the time to have your picture quickly taken. You are not allow to look at the sea lion (you keep your back towards him) and have to take a large step forward before you can walk back to your seats. Then you head back to Pacific Point Preserve where you are given a bucket of fish to feed them with everyone else. Just save your money and get to the show early to sit in the first two rows and spend $20 and get five trays of fish to feed the seals/sea lions at Pacific Point Preserve.

• noidiotsplease's Profile Photo

Orlando's best park (in my opinion)

by noidiotsplease Written Aug 3, 2011

Sea World Orlando

Of all the theme parks in the Orlando area, Sea World reigns as my favorite. Of course, the park is most known for its animals and animal shows, but it does have a growing collection of impressive roller coasters as well. Personally, I'm not into roller coasters, but I love sea life a great deal. At Sea World, the viewing windows are such that you can get right up close and personal with dolphins and even a killer whale! I also do like taking the ride up to the top of the Skytower. The views of the surrounding area, from Downtown Orlando to Lake Buena Vista are simply amazing!

• Poor Service - Poor Value for Money

by ywurry Written Jun 29, 2011

Be aware that they are no longer owned by Busch but by the company that own Alton Towers and their service is appalling. We were wrongly advised of prices, then they would not respond to our complaint forcing us to purchase fast passes (as we said to the children that the original price quoted was acceptable to our budget) at an exorbitant price as they fail to display their charges at all and change the price charged on a 'day to day' basis. When trying to speak to a supervisor or manager they refuse to come to see you. When trying to complain in writing they refuse to respond to your complaint at all. Staff are rude and have to follow directives from senior management and have no discretion. A family with a child with a disability was asked to prove the disability - we could see that the child had mental disabilities but they were totally unable to get away fro their 'rules'.
    Overall a waste of money as even with the fast passes the rides were not all open (even from the start of the day) and staff selling the fast passes were not even aware of this. The food and drink was overprices even at theme park prices. The staff were rude and unhappy with the new owners (many would advise of this). Not a place to have a great time unless you have an endless amount of cash and are willing to put up with second class service.

• UK_GUY_LOVES_VEGAS's Profile Photo

Get soaked by Shamu

by UK_GUY_LOVES_VEGAS Updated Apr 4, 2011

Have a whale of a time

This is a fantastic experience for young and old alike. See dolphins, killer whales and other rare species.

If you like to be part of the action, sit near the front of the arena when Shamu is performing - guaranteed to cool you down in the hot Florida sun.

Sea World -Pets Ahoy

by abi_maha Updated Dec 19, 2010

This show is very much for the kids as pets turn on their act and the performers keep an engaging dialog on through out the performance. Be prepared for pigs, dogs and cats that perform some very cute acts and keep you laughing!! It was touching to note that all these animals had been rescued from shelters, I really think that is a very noble deed to bring them to this place. They all look very happy and healthy!

Look out for the dog marriage duo and the nice piggy (should I say rear?) end :)) See pics for details

Sea World- Shamu Show

Shamu swirls

Early this year I remember seeing on the TV a news report about how in the San Diego SeaWorld, this Shamu show turned into a nightmare as 'Shamu'- the popular Orca Whale ambassador of SeaWorld horribly killed one of it's trainers even as crowds were watching on. Now the show is not trainer intensive- atleast the trainer does not enter the water with the whales. However Shamu and baby shamu performed in perfect harmony as we watched on and the whales sure seem to have a sense of humor as they whack their tail onto the water ensuring a good portion of the onlookers get a good dunking in the ice cold water. Ofcourse we sat in the wet zone and it was loads of fun to be dunked by a whale! Whales sure don't look bouncy but after watching the tricks they perform it is hard to believe they weigh what they weigh!! Gravity sure seemed well defied in this act!

Sea World- The Blue Horizons show

by abi_maha Updated Dec 19, 2010

A breakthrough theatrical spectacular that “unites sea and sky with visions of Broadway”, Blue Horizons showcases majestic animals such as dolphins and false killer whales, as well as talented divers, trapeze artists and exotic birds such as macaws and Andean condors. The action takes place at the renovated Whale and Dolphin Theater, we had a blast at this show. Now that the Shamu show is much less spectacular we felt this took the cake!
    While somecharacters sway through the sky and dive off the set, the true stars of
    the show grace the waters below. SeaWorld’s dolphins and pilot whales leap their way into
    this dreamy adventure. African crowned cranes, coral bills, black vultures and other bird
    species soar over the audience as they ascend toward the horizon.
    The stirring, original musical score for “Blue Horizons” is performed by the Seattle
    Symphony Orchestra.

• eugini2001's Profile Photo

DOLPHINS DANCE AND SPIRITS SOAR

by eugini2001 Updated Dec 12, 2010
    manta roller coaster

Sea World is a park for all ages and a day is enough to explore it, but it took us 3 days in a row to do it. My daughter really enjoyed roller coasters and spent a whole day just riding them. There are 3 of them Manta (the most famous), Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. The last one resembles one in Bush Gardens parks. Another exciting part are animals, each has its interesting story and most of them were rescued, cured and adopted by park. You can touch sting rays, dolphins, and even feed them for additional fee.
    All shows are great! My personal favorite is the one with Sea Lions, I think sea lions are the best actors among other animals. They taught them to splash people during the show though, every single animal from dolphin to killer whales. It’s very hard to watch all shows in one day. We spent three days in a park, so we caught every single one, and saw some even twice. They have a sea garden area with a little arbors, where they bring out some unique animals from all over the world like African bush baby, ants eater, eagle, caracal and so on. Some of them you can even pat .my daughter loved it and checked all the time the schedule for animals, they take them out at the certain time for 15-20min. The whole park is really a one-of- a-kind experience, and worth visiting if your kids are “too big” for Disney now .

• laurenzi1's Profile Photo

great theme park

by laurenzi1 Written Sep 2, 2010
    Believe Show

Very good value for the money, lots of things to do & see. A Must do if visiting the Orlando area. Try and see as many shows as possible, I think that is where you get your reward.

Since the death of the lady Shamus trainer, the employees are not allowed to get into the pool with the Orcas. I have seen both “Believe” shows and when the trainers were allowed to interact with the animals in the pool was a better show - no comparison.
    (Still no more free beer or Clydesdale horses)

• etfromnc's Profile Photo

Close Encounters of the Shark Kind

by etfromnc Written Jan 16, 2010

Many, perhaps most, tourists visit Orlando for DisneyWorld, Universal Studios, and/or Sea World. A very remarkable adventure is available unlike anything which I have encountered anywhere else in the world at the Orlando SeaWorld. The price is a bit steep at $149 per person but it is a unique adventure. Are you aware that more people are killed by deer every year than are killed by sharks? You will learn that and much more on SeaWorld's coolest up-close and personal experience takes daring visitors on a leisurely 30-minute underwater tour of the mammoth shark tank at the Shark Encounter. You only spend 30 minutes up-close-and-personal with the sharks but the entire adventure is two hours in length. The adventure begins with a hands-on presentation where you will learn about shark physiology, the history of sharks, conservation, and the evidence that many of the wild tales which we have all heard about sharks are not true. Afterward, SeaWorld provides wet suits for all participants, which will take about 30 minutes to don if you are a novice and then you are ready to enter "shark central." You travel across the shark habitat for about 30 minutes, but if you are not a certified diver, you will have a lot of ups and downs during this adventure because your shark (proof) cage has to come up each time you need a breath. It would be ideal for certified scuba divers but it is also a gas for asthamatics like me.

by goldenpondmom Written Jul 27, 2009

We thouroughly enjoyed SeaWorld Orlando. You can get fantastic deals through the SeaWorld website's vacation packages. We spent two days there; one with the kids and one without. Out of 5 the shows we saw, my husband and I agreed that Blue Horizons was the best! Also see Believe and the evening Clyde and Seamore show is a parody of the other shows (truly hilarious!). As far as food goes, I recommend Sharks underwater grill even though it is a little pricey. You eat by the shark aquarium and the food is absolutely delicious. At ten a.m. you can go to the entrance and sign up for first available seating. There are many fantastic attractions. Don't miss the aquarium that is at the Manta. Young children can get in too, as it is separate from the ride. I didn't feel it was well marked on the map and, in fact, missed seeing it with the kids. The Manta was an exciting ride, but a little uncomfortable and rough on the neck. By the way, my husband and I got to the park on a Wednesday when it opened and we were able to ride the Manta, Atlantis, and Kraken with less than 20 minute waits for each. Fireworks at end of the night were OK, but if you are there with tired children don't feel bad missing them.

Instant Answers: Orlando

Comments

Hotels Near Sea World