Buses and coaches, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

• panorama waiting at the airport for the bus
    panorama waiting at the airport for the...
    by DEBBBEDB
    On the bus
    by grandmaR
    On the Disney Magical Express
    by Jefie
  • OiKnow's Profile Photo

Orlando ground tranport options

by OiKnow Written May 17, 2008

Look on the airport web site under parking and transport http://www.orlandoairports.net/main.htm there should be a shuttle serve that will get you into the general area you are going to. If necessary take a shuttle to a nearby hotel and take a taxi from there. If you are staying at a major hotel, check with them for shuttle or ground transfer suggestions.

DG

• cadiana88's Profile Photo

Internal Disney transport system: Buses

by cadiana88 Updated Aug 30, 2007
    Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL, USA

Walt Disney World's transportation is one of the things that make a vacation at WDW so carefree, relaxing, and magical. Simply put, Walt Disney World's transportation network is among the most efficient, easy to use, and convenient of any mass transit system in the world. The system includes the famous Disney monorail, as well as busses and watercraft, to move guests from resort hotel to park and back, park to park, and from any other location to another within the 30,000+ acres of the complex. The vehicles are always clean, loading and unloading of passengers is simple and well-thought-out, and the wait for transportation (except during the very busiest of times) is minimal. It's hard to over-emphasize the convenience of the internal transportation.

• Cielo_Algaeed's Profile Photo

Disney Bus Services

by Cielo_Algaeed Updated Aug 17, 2007

Taking Disney Buses is one of the cheapest way to go from one themepark/waterpark to the other (You can only do park hopping if you're holding a DISNEY PARK HOPPER TICKET ~ this would allow you to go to one themepark to the other in one day). There are designated stops wherein you can hop on and hop off. Free of charge.

• rebelinphilly's Profile Photo

TransFloridian made our trip great!

by rebelinphilly Updated Mar 19, 2007

We went down to orlando for a little more than a week. We had TransFloridian pick us up at Orlando International and drop us off at our hotel in Kissimmee. They charge by the group not the person which saved us money and it's a private shuttle. While talking to the driver he told us they go all over Florida not just Orlando. We ended up taking one day with them and going also to Tampa to Busch Gardens, which was great. They dropped us off and then picked us up at a time we told them. Door to Door service to Tampa!!! We used the free hotel shuttle to Disney, but next time we are booking with TransFloridian for they do that as well and we can come and go at our leisure rather than be in a crowded van and have to wait. There is enough crowds and lines at the parks noone is in any mood to do in a van to and from the hotel as well. They also offer roundtrip discounts which is nice too. All in all a wonderful time and now we know we can come to Orlando and go anywhere in the state as well.

• Luxury Travel

Public transport: From I-Drive to Universal

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

Take the I-Ride trolley to stop #15 or 16, head to Universal Boulevard and after about a 10 minute walk, you'll have reached the Universal parks.

or alternatively

Take the Lynx bus #8 or #42, look out for the I-Ride trolley stops #15 or 16 and disembark near these stops. Walk over to Universal Boulevard after about a 10 minute walk, you'll have reached the Universal parks.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Cheap airport transportation to I-Drive on bus

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

Shuttle buses to International Drive from the airport will cost $15 one way, and $25 roundtrip. We took the public buses instead. The Lynx bus # 42 goes straight to International Drive, from stop B-15 at the airport. It only costs $1.50. Takes about 60 minutes to get to International Drive.

Public transport: From I-Drive to Disney parks

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

It is possible to get to Disney from I-Drive using public transport, just be aware that it can be very time cosuming, especially as the public buses are not that frequent (and to my experience, often doesn't run to schedule). This is how:

Only using Lynx buses:
    Take bus #8 towards Sea World, get off at the 1st stop after the bus has turned right off International Drive. Change here for bus #50 (front of bus will indicate Magic Kingdom) which goes the the Disney Transportation & Ticket Center. Alight here and transfer to Disney transportation to your desired theme park. (NB remember to ask for a free transfer ticket when you board bus #8 to avoid paying again on bus #50) The place where you disembark the #50 is also the same spot to catch the bus on your return trip.

Using I-Ride trolley and Lynx buses:
    Catch the main line southbound trolley to stop 38. Cross the street to stop 38 on the other side of the road (stop marked 38 South).
    Take the #50 as above.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Avoid the I-Ride during peak seasons

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

The I-Ride trolley is a very convenient mode of transport to get from A-B along International Drive. However, be aware that during peak holiday seasons, the I-Ride trolleys can get very full, and you may end up waiting for a few trolleys to pass before you can get on. If you are lucky enough to board, be patient, as the trolley makes frequent stops, and can get held up at each stop by the many tourists who fail to have their change ready for the fare, or the fare machines that simply will not take your $1 bills (which happens a lot!!!). FYI - Multi-day passes are available from numerous outlets along International Drive:
    3-day: $5
    5-day: $7
    7-day: $9
    14-day: $16

If you're the type who will get easily frustrated, then take the Lynx buses instead, buses # 8 and 42 run up and down International Drive. Fares cost more than the I-Ride, but generally, you will get to your destination a lot faster. (Multi-day passes for Lynx buses are available too - www.golynx.com)

Another key note is that the air conditioning is sometimes too cold in the I-ride... so don't get on if you're still damp/wet from a swim.

• vicground's Profile Photo

International Drive Trolley Bus System

by vicground Written Jan 10, 2007

Lots of people are convinced that you must be able to drive and to hire a car when visiting Orlando. Having visited twice and not driven once I can assure you that this is not the case.
    We found that it is just as easy , and in some instances even easier , to get out and about in Orlando by simply using the excellent public transport. We found this to be far cheaper than the supposedly complimentary coach to the theme parks offered at a substancial cost from the hotels. Staying on I DRIVE it is easy to use the Trolley system to reach Seaworld and the Universal Parks for one dollar per person return. Disney is a little further away but by taking the Trolley to Seaworld it is then possible to get a lynx Bus { easily identifiable as Orange in colour } from there to Disney for 3 dollars return fare. Since these buses all run at very regular intervals your schedule becomes much more relaxed and theres no need to pay parking and rush round trying to find your vehicle amongst the vast areas of the car parks.
    Trolley passes can be bought from the Visitor Center on I DRIVE and can be purchased as 1 , 3 , 7 , 14 day passes at the same amount of dollars per day. IE 14day pass = 14 dollars and can be used on an unlimited basis during that period.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Mears airport shuttle

by Dabs Updated Nov 15, 2006

I was a little reluctant to use an airport shuttle after two bad experiences with Super Shuttle in NYC and Baltimore but since I was traveling to and from the airport on my own, it didn't really make sense to get a taxi. If there are two or more people traveling, it might be more economical to catch a taxi but for a single traveler, the shuttle is the cheapest option that goes directly to the hotel.

Fortunately this turned out to be a much better experience, I had to wait for about 20 minutes on the trip from the airport to the hotel even with a reservation and was the first dropped off. On the way back, the shuttle was right on time for the return trip to the airport and the trip only took about a 1/2 hour with one other hotel stop. I would recommend calling to confirm your reservation either the night before or first thing when you wake up.

You can reserve online, it cost me $30 round trip to go to the Seralago Hotel in nearby Kissimmee, it would have been $18 one way. Go to their website for an online quote.

For other options from the airport, check the Orlando airport website.

Get to Disney from I-Drive

by Samscalling Updated Jun 6, 2006

The Ticket & Transportation Center

If you don't drive, or you've missed your free shuttle bus to Disney...or you just want to go a different time than the buses leave, it's really easy to get to Disney using the I-Ride & Lynx Buses.

If you want to get to Disney from I-Drive, you'll be heading south on the I-Ride (towards SeaWorld). Get off at stop 38, then you need to cross the road and wait for the Lynx #50 at the bus stop there. That takes you straight to the ticket & transportation center at Disney!

To get back, take the Lynx Bus#38 from the ticket & transportation center, which takes you back to Seaworld - cross the road again, & hop on an I-Ride back to I-Drive!

The I-Ride Trolley

by Samscalling Updated Jun 6, 2006
    You'll see lots of these!

I've never been to Orlando & hired a car, & we've always stayed on I-Drive.

As long as your hotel has a free shuttle to the parks (almost all do), & you take advantage of the I-Ride trolley & Lynx buses that go up & down I-Ride constantly, not having a car isn't a problem!

There are lots of stops up & down I-Drive, & the trolleys usually come along every 20 minutes. At peak times though, be prepared to wait because sometimes the trollies will be full - depends on the time of year you go though...obviously school holidays are always busier periods in Orlando.

A single fare is $1.00 - exact change is needed as drivers don't carry cash & can't give change.

If you're going to use the trolley alot though, it makes more sense to buy a pass - which you can get at various hotels, restaurants & shops on I-Drive - you'll see the signs.

Prices:
    Fourteen Day Pass: $16.00 per person

Lynx Buses

by Samscalling Updated Jun 5, 2006
    The familiar Lynx bus!

Like the I-Ride trolley, Lynx buses are a familar sight if you're on International Drive. Unlike the I-Ride trolley, they don't just serve I-Drive - they're Orlando's public transportation system so you can get almost everywhere on them.

The service is every 30 minutes in the main areas, every 15 minutes from 6-9am and 3.30-6.30pm, but try to have the right change. Lynx bus stops are marked by pink paw-print signs and all buses are wheelchair accessible.

The Lynx bus website is fantastic as it lets you see all the routes, & you can pick up a map on any bus or at most stores which is handy when you're out & about in Orlando.

Fares
    Standard One-Way Fare - $1.50
    Single-Day Pass - $3.50
    7-Day Pass - $12.00
    30-Day Pass - $38.00

Transfers are free, limited to 90 minutes and apply to all riders.

There can be long queues for the Lynx buses at the Disney Ticket & Transportation Center at closing time, but you can take the (free) Disney transport to Downtown Disney and get a taxi back to your hotel from there - usually costs around $25 to hotels on I-Drive.

• Orlando Transportation Limousines Buses Vans

by MrSandman Updated May 30, 2006

Orlando Transportation & Tours Inc. provides quality transportation service in Orlando and all other popular Florida destinations - We have Vans, Buses, Limousines, Charter Services, Tours &, Tour Packages. Ask about our group rates! CALL 1-866-351-9991 for rates or information

• Business Travel
    • Cruise

• Orlando to the Space Coast

by Foriano Updated May 12, 2006

Just 35 miles east of Orlando, you'll find 72 miles of pristine Atlantic beaches known as Florida's Space Coast. Along this impressive stretch of coastline, unspoiled nature preserves exist in perfect harmony with the space-age attractions of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Port Canaveral and the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.

• Beaches