Taxis, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

love the VIP plate : ) haha
    by kbl

Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

by JennaTailor Updated Apr 26, 2014

Cruise to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral, Florida:

1. We booked a hotel room right next to the port (Radisson hotel) - $75.

2. I arranged our transportation from MCO to the hotel ahead of time - $100.

3. We arrived a day before our cruise and took a private shuttle to our hotel in Cape Canaveral (travel time 1 hour).

4. In the morning we had a light breakfast and took a shared shuttle to the port around 11:00 am.

5. Boarding began around 11:30 am and we were on the ship at 12:05 pm.

6. Ship left the port around 4 pm : )

....after the cruise...

7. Our ship docked at Port Canaveral around 7 am.
    8. We had breakfast at 7:30 am and we were off the ship by 9 am.
    9. STAR TRANS driver was waiting for us by the ship with a sign. Travel time to the airport - 1 hour.
    10. Departure - 12:15 pm.

Helpful Sites:
    Radisson hotel in Cape Canaveral- http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa?s_cid=se.ggl.rad_cmp15

MCO airport - http://www.orlandoairports.net

Port Canaveral - http://www.portcanaveral.com

STAR TRANS-VIP Transportation Company - http://www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com/port_canaveral_transportation.html)

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

Taxi from Orlando airport (MCO)

by GreenOlive Written Oct 4, 2013

love the VIP plate : ) haha

We had 6 people in our group and we decided to rent a 7 passenger SUV to get around Orlando. We made a rental car reservation three weeks prior to our arrival, but when we got there we were told the car we reserved was NOT AVAILABLE! How is that possible?! They did not even apologize and offered two different vehicles, but we declined the offer. One of us comes to Orlando every 4-6 months and uses STAR TRANS-VIP transportation company. He gave them a call and they were able to provide a corporate van within 25 min (with the VIP plate...hahaha). The van had a huge separate compartment for luggage that was almost full! Only then i realized that even if we would get the rental we wouldn't be able to fit all the luggage in the trunk! We have been using STAR TRANS-VIP for the last three days and it has been great so far. Very polite drivers and professional service. Fortunately, the rental car company just called and our car will be available tomorrow in the afternoon. Yeah!!!

• Business Travel

Orlando Transportation: Taxi/Bus/Trolley/Rental

by JennaTailor Updated Dec 13, 2012

I visit Orlando very often. It's a great destination for families with kids! I prefer to use taxi services, but you can also rent a car right at the airport or use public transportation.
    Rental car: Renting a car is pretty easy (as i said right at the airport), just make sure to fill up the tank before returning it.
    Bus: Visit - http://www.golynx.com/ There you can get all the info you need, schedules, maps and online trip planner! When riding a bus, take some paper schedules (behind the driver's seat) - very helpful when u have no internet excess. BUT...it's very tiring to ride a bus in Orlando. When you get to the transfer point the buss you are looking to catch is already gone and you have to wait 30 min for another one. I would recommend to use a bus only for trips from point A to point B (without transfers).
    Trolley: If you are staying next to or just exploring International drive in Orlando - use Trolley! Schedule - every 15 min, cheap.
    For people like me, who prefer to call a cab ... i recommend to check the company i use - Star Trans-Vip (www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com) Never had any problems, very satisfied with their service. I believe they also provide transportation to cruise terminals in Cape Canaveral. Very good company!
    Even if you have to walk ...don't use yellow cab (Mears)! Why? Read reviews on Google local : )

• Business Travel

• orlando international airport to disney

by angel0519 Written Sep 15, 2012

I recently used transportationsale to get to my hotel in Disney the driver was on time and very kind stopping at a grocery store on the way so I can fill up my fridge at the resort will highly recommend to family and friends if there gonna visit Orlando in the future I know I will use them again thanks Augusto from transportation sale for the ride

• Elias Transportation has no CLASS

by roosroost Written Jun 11, 2012

Elias's unclassy response when I asked them to honor their website claim about beating ANY quote by 10% (I got a quote for $75 including fees to transport my family of 4 to Port Canaveral, driver with sign, door to door service, private shuttle) "Call any other company in town and see if they match a price as cheap as $75; they' most likely think you'r joking with them. A private Lincoln TownCar to Port Canaveral for $75? This price is way below market rates and we don't have to compete with any half off service companies such as the one you've mentioned but failed to provide a phone number for or vehicle driven. Why do you care so much? Why can't you move on with your life? Are you the online saviour? I'm just wondering why you care so much about honor when you yourself did not show any when communicating with us and jumped to conclusions. We match services that are car for car, service for service etc...I hope you don't bother hotels.com when they promise the cheapest hotel room out of all companies but don't match it b/c of their conditions? Come on!" I ask you, do you want to spend your money on this company?

• Transportation sale

by wmcmahon1 Written Jul 25, 2011

We flew into MCO for a cruise and had made arrangements with Transportationsale for town car transportation to the cruise line. They never showed up, we called and only got an answering machine. They never called back, never showed up.

• Taxi4Hire services in Orlando

by askaraboz Updated Jun 23, 2011

Well, I found Taxi4Hire via google search. My family a our friends were headed to Port Canaveral for a cruise. So we flew to Orlando stayed at the hotel overnight and went to Port Canaveral in the morning. I contacted Taxi4Hire via email for a quote and within half an hour got a response with rates that I thought were very reasonable. But what's important is that they quote you the actual final fee including everything and unlike a few taxi companies a dealt with they do NOT automatically charge you 20% driver gratuity fee. To make a long story short we made a reservation and our driver was waiting for us at the baggage claim area with the sign with my name on it, he helped us with the luggage and took us to his van. On the way to his van he showed us the line that people were standing in waiting for the metered taxi. It was a pretty long and slow moving line if you ask me. He took us to our hotel and the next morning he showed up 10-15 minutes before the arranged time which I thought was nice. Anyway, very reliable and professional company. Our email communication was excellent, they are answering emails fast and are not trying to sell it like others. Simple and to the point. On a side note they did require a prepay for the trip back from Port Canaveral which made my wife a bit worried. But everything turned out fine and the same driver came to Port Canaveral to pick us up. I certainly recommend that company, ask them for a quote if the price is right for you definitely book with them. I think you won't get disappointed.

• Delivery Taxi Express Orlando Cab Company

by icandy579 Written Jun 16, 2011

This company is amazing! They were so cheap and they give you flat rates in advance you always know how much to put aside. Not to mention the guy that took care of us had a great sense of humor, was always on time and new all the great spots to visit! Orlando is definitely not public transportation "friendly" so immediately upon arrival we called them and the took us around during the whole week. You can view their page at http://www.wix.com/bestprice/cityridestaxi and give them a call at (407) 408-9422. Trust me, you will not regret it! they also provide services around florida, loca and long distance, so make sure to inquire about other cities as well. happy travels!

• Airport Transportation to Hotel

by wis3384 Updated Apr 19, 2011

I consider myself pretty "high maintenance", lol, . This company pays attention to detail. They are prompt, the drivers were all super friendly, and the cars were immaculate. Thanks again and if you are considering a limo service, look no further. They are the best!!
    Noble Transportation & Limousines
    5694 Central Florida Parkway
    Orlando, FL 32821

• port canaveral taxi

by dino77 Updated Apr 11, 2011

From Orlando airport you can either get a bus or taxi to the Disney World accommodations. YOu can get an indicative price for a taxi from the dispatcher. Generally it will be chaeaper for more than 2 people to travel by taxi than the bus. I think the bus is $28 return. We were able to get a taxi to take the six of us and it cost about $45 each way. The Disney World Buses are the only way to go as far as getting around WDW. call us at; 407-238-5448

• orlando transportation

by dino77 Updated Apr 11, 2011

From Orlando airport you can either get a bus or taxi to the Disney World accommodations. YOu can get an indicative price for a taxi from the dispatcher. Generally it will be chaeaper for more than 2 people to travel by taxi than the bus. I think the bus is $28 return. We were able to get a taxi to take the six of us and it cost about $45 each way. The Disney World Buses are the only way to go as far as getting around WDW. call us at: 407-238-5448

• Private van transportation to Port Canaveral

by Juls45 Updated Jan 24, 2011

Orlando is my family's favorite vacation destination, during the years we've tried all kinds of transportation.
    This year we decided to take a cruise from Port Canaveral. The trip from Orlando International Airport is about 50 minutes and we were looking into transportation options. We considered using Disney bus but for $69 per person it was too expensive for my family of 8 - 4 kids, 2 parents and 2 grandparents.
    My husband found a company LuxTransO which provides private van transportation from the airport. The price was a bargain - $207 plus the tip for a round trip. The driver was very polite he was waiting for us at the baggage claim area, he helped us with the luggage, the vehicle was clean and the free cold water and soft drinks was a nice touch. We will definitely use this transportation service again.

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Orlando Yellow Cab - Never Again!

by JennaTailor Updated Jan 17, 2011

Well...just wanted to say some words about YELLOW CAB (Mears) in Orlando, FL.
    I visit Orlando quite often and don't really like to rent a car, so my choice is - taxi. Planning one of my first trips, found Yellow Cab phone number and decided to use them. Made a reservation (from the Airport to my hotel) 6 days before arrival date. When the plain landed i called them to confirm (there is actually a Mears stand inside the airport) and the lady told me the cab is waiting, unfortunately i couldn't find my taxi anywhere. Called back to find out where the car is. Well... 25 min later i finally found my cab (he told me because my plane was 10 min late he had to leave and then come back...?! Great!)
    The driver asked where i needed to go (i gave them all information when making the reservation!). I showed him the address 9i actually had printed directions and the map with me...controllll freak!). The driver didn't say a word on the way to the hotel + no music = riding in silence. Because he took the longest way possible (the front desk manager in the hotel told me) i had to pay almost $80 instead of promised $60-65 (by Mears online taxi rate estimator).

I called Yellow Cab 3 times while staying in Orlando and the experience was quite the same!
    Read Mears reviews on Google before calling them!!!!

• Singles

• Orlando Transportation

by abilio551 Written Oct 21, 2009

In my several vacations to Orlando, I had the opportunity to use various transportation methods such as shuttle, car rental, and taxi. The last two times, I used New Way Tours & Transportation. It made a difference in my vacation; the drivers were knowledgeable about the area and gave me great tips of where to eat, best places to shop, and how to make the most out of the Theme parks. (Like a personal Tour Guide)

I booked my rides online and their rates were similar to taxi, but our family was picked up in a Lincoln Towncar. I am overall very happy with their service and not only recommend, but will use them every time I go to Orlando.

• Theme Park Trips

• Orlando Van Transportation-Had Great Experience!

by tulipgirl52 Written Jun 16, 2009

Just wanted to share our wonderful experience with Orlando Van Transportation Company in Orlando. My husband and I flew into the Orlando Int'l Airport and used their company for transportation to Port Canaveral. The driver was very well dressed, professional, and very friendly. It was a nice, relaxing drive--a perfect start to our honeymoon cruise! We will definitely use them again! I believe their website is www.orlandovan.com

Instant Answers: Orlando