Taxis, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

love the VIP plate : ) haha
    by kbl
  • Bobby_Sinatra's Profile Photo

Taxi's in orlando

by Bobby_Sinatra Written Mar 13, 2008

Hire a car if you can...in hindsight I wish I had done this as we all caught Taxis and this worked out quite expensive.

IF you are going to be cabbing it then there are many companies to choose from, find yourself a good fun driver and take his/her number and use them, they will give you better prices if you use them like this rather than calling from side of the road.

Also the taxis here charge by distance so always get a price first and use it to compare other taxi firms if you think they are ripping you off.

• Great help at Tropicana Transportation in Orlando

by NSD2013 Written Dec 11, 2007

Read a review on this site singing the praises of Tropicana Transportation, so I gave them a call to inquire about transport around Orlando for several days of vacation before boarding a cruise ship at Port Canaveral. The person answering the phone at Tropicana ( I think his name was Dave) spent a good bit of time helping me figure out what options might best suit my transport. needs, even recommending services other than his own! He was polite, knowledgeable, and VERY helpful--a real jewel! I ended up not using their service, but I will definitely keep this firm in mind for future trips to Orlando!

• Great help at Tropicana Transportation in Orlando

by NSD2013 Written Dec 11, 2007

• gv_Orlando's Profile Photo

Taxi fares around Orlando

by gv_Orlando Written Oct 23, 2007

The typical taxi fare between Orlando International Airport and the theme parks is $45, from the airport to Port Canaveral between $120-$150.

If you are sailing with Carnival Cruise Lines or Disney Cruise Lines, they have a bus that will get you to the Port for less.

From Sanford International Airport to the theme parks area costs between $65-$80. To get to the port is about the same as mentioned above.

Local companies include: Yellow Cab Taxi, Mears Transportation, Orlando Ride.

The taxi companies have websites you can link to from the airport websites, and you can check the fares there or call them. Some will even allow you to book online.

• Ernie44's Profile Photo

Hotels on 192 in Orlando

by Ernie44 Written Oct 18, 2007

I have only one tip for anyone going to Orlando, stay away from the Ramada Inn's both East & West Gate on Rt.192. My wife and I booked there last year for one night as we were staying at a Disney Resort the next few nights. We contacted them a few days before that we would be arriving late on the night we were to check in and were told no problem. When we arrived at 11:30PM we were informed that there was no rooms available and after the night manager sending us to the West Gate saying they were expecting us, when we got there we got the same results. We had to find another hotel in Orlando. I contacted the Hotel a few days later and was told it was a mistake but the never offered to make any compensation for the screw up. My advice STAY AWAY

• gv_Orlando's Profile Photo

Who provides transportation around Orlando?

by gv_Orlando Written Oct 18, 2007

If you are flying into Orlando International (MCO) or Sanford International Airport the typical ground transportation choices are Yellow Cab Taxi and Mears.

If you are needing transportation to Port Canaveral for a cruise departure, I have found that the best priced provider is Orlando Ride (www.orlandoride.com).

Each company has roughly the same prices +/- $15, and all offer different services depending if you are traveling as an individual or a group.

Happy Travels.

• jomoggy's Profile Photo

TAXI OUTSIDE DISNEY LAND ALL PARKDS

by jomoggy Written May 14, 2007

BE CAREFULL WITH THE TAXIS YES THEY HAVE A METER BUT THEY MAKE THE EXCUSE THEY DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOU AND YOUR HOTEL NAME SO THEY APPEAR TO GET LOST AND CALL THE OFFICE FOR INSTRUCTIONS YER YER THEY KNOW WHERE THE ARE GOING IT IS JUST TO GET MORE MILES FROM THE SAME TRIP COST US A DIFFERENCE OF TEN POUNDS THE FIRST BEING 20 DOLLARS THE OTHER TWO COST NEARLY 39 SO HOW LOST WERE WE VERY CLEVER SO WRITE DOWN THE NAME OF THE ACCOMADATION SO THEY CAN READ IT I HOPE FOR YOU NO EXCUSES THEN REMEMBER IT IS VERY BIG SO YOU HAVE NO CHOICE TO TAKE A TAXI THE TAXI FROM THE HOTEL ARE THE BETTER ONES NOT THE YELLOW CABS CON MEN

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Bad experience with CBC Transportation

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

We booked a cab (company called CBC Transportation) through our hotel for a pick-up from Disney's Transportation & Ticket Center, and they didn't show up at the requested time. We phoned the company, and they said that they would despatch a cab immediately and it would take about 20 minutes to get to us. 30 minutes later and still the cab hadn't showed up. When we phoned again, the operator told us that the cab was already there, but we were sitting in the area where taxis come in and out, and that cab was definitely not there. When we asked where the cab driver is, all they could say was the drop-off area, they couldn't seem to explain any further, so we gave up on them (I reckon they hadn't sent anyone) and took another cab (which ended up cheaper than the quoted fare on phone). You may think why we bothered to wait in the first place, well, that's because when we placed the cab order, the hotel took a deposit from us. Needless to say, we got our deposit refunded in the end.

• Service better than Taxi's and same price or lower

by DisneyFan1 Written Oct 3, 2006

I have found a great full service transportation company in Orlando that is so much better than taxi's and the same price or even cheaper. First of all, you have reservations for them to be there for you at times you select and you don't have to call and then wait for a taxi to show if they do at all. It's like having your own personal driver while on your vacation. They dress professionally and are well groomed unlike a taxi showing up in cut-offs and a T-shirt and a odor that would curl your nose hairs. The vehicles are very clean and are in great condition (not like most taxi's that are dirty and smell like rotten eggs). The drivers are nice and most of all speak perfect english. I am so glad to have found this company and there is no way that I would take a chance of using any other way of getting around on my vacation in Orlando. I found this company online and have spoken directly to the owner and have come to know him very well. I highly recommend Tropicana Transportation. We are going on a cruise in the spring and will use their Port Canaveral cruise shuttle service for sure. You can also find them online at www.TropicanaTransportation.com
    You will love me for this information. This is probably the best tip for transportation in Orlando that has ever been wrote. Your welcome in advance.

• CBC Transportation - excellent service

by tonyassis Written Aug 25, 2006

I've used this company in booking a reservation through their website. I can tell you I was very pleased with their service, the driver was very corteous and they've picked us up right on time ( and our flight was delayed for 2 hours). Our driver was very friendly and gave us many tips on places to go he also showed us some of the area attractions while on the way from the airport. I have booked a round trip and on top of that they gave me a free store stop. It's my third time in Orlando and I from now on I will only use CBC Transportation. In case someone need transportation in orlando this is their website : www.cbctransportation.com Give them a try ! It has really worked for us. Tom and Melissa

• Beware of Taxis

by Jazzyh Written Apr 12, 2005

Some drivers WILL try and rip you off. Especially if you pick them up outside big tourist attractions such as Typhoon Lagoon. We got charged $40 to go from Typhoon Lagoon to Lake Buena Vista, after missing our complimentary Transport Bus back to the hotel.

Try and get a map of the area, so you know the vague direction you should be going in. It will save you in the long run.

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Limosine... if you please!

by Gwynneth Written Apr 11, 2005

Terry, Gwynneth and Derek

Always a delightful way to forget the jet lag...

Take it from me... after flying around the world to finally arrive at an airport with a zillion people milling around, attempting to find your luggage and the people that are picking you up... you so know there is nothing quite like adding to the surreal dream like state you find yourself in, than to unexpectedly be guided towards a huge stretch limosine and discover a bottle of fine chilled French champagne with your name on it.

Fabulous darlings ... just fabulous! My cousin really knows how you make you feel special.

• Luxury Travel

• kbl's Profile Photo

Taking a taxi to get around

by kbl Written Jan 22, 2005

Taxi in Orlando

Taxi's are the most convinient way to travel. However, there is a general quality problem with the taxi's we used in Orlando (doors not closing, trunks that opened on the route, engines that made more noise then a jet, etc...)

• Limousine Services

by beachbumb Updated Apr 28, 2004

Orlando International Airport is a wonderful airport to fly into. They have two main terminals with a "hub" with trams leading into this main "hub". This breaks up the traveler traffic making it quite easy to get around. To leave the airport, there are four options to getting around.
    1) If you are staying at a hotel near the airport, know that ALL of these hotels offer complimentary shuttles to get you there.
    2) If there are only one or two people traveling, Mears transportation offers a shuttle to just about any destination in Orlando/Kissimmee. Prices range from $10 to $30 per person each way depending on your destination.
    3) Renting a car is always an option. National, Alamo, Avis,Budget, and LNM have car rental/car-hire counters on the first floor of the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, and several other local rental agencies provide complimentary shuttles to their rental centers located in close proximity to the airport.
    4) Private transportation: There are 1000s of private limousine/taxi services in Orlando. The largest is Yellow Cab and contrary to the previous posts here, they are NOT VERY GOOD. The drivers seldom speak english and usually under-arm odor permeates the vehicle. I recommend either http://www.gardentoursandtransportation.com - they are very cost effective, extremely punctial, and very professional (My wife and I have used them on 3 trips to Orlando already). Another service which we used on 2 occasional prior to finding Garden Tours was http://www.dixielimo.com - they were also very good, but much pricier than the other.

• Business Travel

• Taxi drivers are great!

by Brittany_D Updated Sep 4, 2002

The taxi driver was excellent! They have lots of patience and are very friendly. The prices are resonable and the ride is comfortable, plus they'll drive you wherever you want to go and they won't get lost.

Instant Answers: Orlando