Taxis, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

love the VIP plate : ) haha
    by GreenOlive
    Terry, Gwynneth and Derek
    by Gwynneth
    Taxi in Orlando
    by kbl
  • Limousine Services

by beachbumb Updated Apr 28, 2004

Orlando International Airport is a wonderful airport to fly into. They have two main terminals with a "hub" with trams leading into this main "hub". This breaks up the traveler traffic making it quite easy to get around. To leave the airport, there are four options to getting around.
    1) If you are staying at a hotel near the airport, know that ALL of these hotels offer complimentary shuttles to get you there.
    2) If there are only one or two people traveling, Mears transportation offers a shuttle to just about any destination in Orlando/Kissimmee. Prices range from $10 to $30 per person each way depending on your destination.
    3) Renting a car is always an option. National, Alamo, Avis,Budget, and LNM have car rental/car-hire counters on the first floor of the airport. Hertz, Enterprise, and several other local rental agencies provide complimentary shuttles to their rental centers located in close proximity to the airport.
    4) Private transportation: There are 1000s of private limousine/taxi services in Orlando. The largest is Yellow Cab and contrary to the previous posts here, they are NOT VERY GOOD. The drivers seldom speak english and usually under-arm odor permeates the vehicle. I recommend either http://www.gardentoursandtransportation.com - they are very cost effective, extremely punctial, and very professional (My wife and I have used them on 3 trips to Orlando already). Another service which we used on 2 occasional prior to finding Garden Tours was http://www.dixielimo.com - they were also very good, but much pricier than the other.

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

Taxi from Orlando airport (MCO)

by GreenOlive Written Oct 4, 2013

love the VIP plate : ) haha

We had 6 people in our group and we decided to rent a 7 passenger SUV to get around Orlando. We made a rental car reservation three weeks prior to our arrival, but when we got there we were told the car we reserved was NOT AVAILABLE! How is that possible?! They did not even apologize and offered two different vehicles, but we declined the offer. One of us comes to Orlando every 4-6 months and uses STAR TRANS-VIP transportation company. He gave them a call and they were able to provide a corporate van within 25 min (with the VIP plate...hahaha). The van had a huge separate compartment for luggage that was almost full! Only then i realized that even if we would get the rental we wouldn't be able to fit all the luggage in the trunk! We have been using STAR TRANS-VIP for the last three days and it has been great so far. Very polite drivers and professional service. Fortunately, the rental car company just called and our car will be available tomorrow in the afternoon. Yeah!!!

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo

Limosine... if you please!

by Gwynneth Written Apr 11, 2005

Terry, Gwynneth and Derek

Always a delightful way to forget the jet lag...

Take it from me... after flying around the world to finally arrive at an airport with a zillion people milling around, attempting to find your luggage and the people that are picking you up... you so know there is nothing quite like adding to the surreal dream like state you find yourself in, than to unexpectedly be guided towards a huge stretch limosine and discover a bottle of fine chilled French champagne with your name on it.

Fabulous darlings ... just fabulous! My cousin really knows how you make you feel special.

• Service better than Taxi's and same price or lower

by DisneyFan1 Written Oct 3, 2006

I have found a great full service transportation company in Orlando that is so much better than taxi's and the same price or even cheaper. First of all, you have reservations for them to be there for you at times you select and you don't have to call and then wait for a taxi to show if they do at all. It's like having your own personal driver while on your vacation. They dress professionally and are well groomed unlike a taxi showing up in cut-offs and a T-shirt and a odor that would curl your nose hairs. The vehicles are very clean and are in great condition (not like most taxi's that are dirty and smell like rotten eggs). The drivers are nice and most of all speak perfect english. I am so glad to have found this company and there is no way that I would take a chance of using any other way of getting around on my vacation in Orlando. I found this company online and have spoken directly to the owner and have come to know him very well. I highly recommend Tropicana Transportation. We are going on a cruise in the spring and will use their Port Canaveral cruise shuttle service for sure. You can also find them online at www.TropicanaTransportation.com
    You will love me for this information. This is probably the best tip for transportation in Orlando that has ever been wrote. Your welcome in advance.

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Orlando Transportation: Taxi/Bus/Trolley/Rental

by JennaTailor Updated Dec 13, 2012

I visit Orlando very often. It's a great destination for families with kids! I prefer to use taxi services, but you can also rent a car right at the airport or use public transportation.
    Rental car: Renting a car is pretty easy (as i said right at the airport), just make sure to fill up the tank before returning it.
    Bus: Visit - http://www.golynx.com/ There you can get all the info you need, schedules, maps and online trip planner! When riding a bus, take some paper schedules (behind the driver's seat) - very helpful when u have no internet excess. BUT...it's very tiring to ride a bus in Orlando. When you get to the transfer point the buss you are looking to catch is already gone and you have to wait 30 min for another one. I would recommend to use a bus only for trips from point A to point B (without transfers).
    Trolley: If you are staying next to or just exploring International drive in Orlando - use Trolley! Schedule - every 15 min, cheap.
    For people like me, who prefer to call a cab ... i recommend to check the company i use - Star Trans-Vip (www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com) Never had any problems, very satisfied with their service. I believe they also provide transportation to cruise terminals in Cape Canaveral. Very good company!
    Even if you have to walk ...don't use yellow cab (Mears)! Why? Read reviews on Google local : )

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral

by JennaTailor Updated Dec 13, 2012

Cruise to the Caribbean from Port Canaveral, Florida:

1. We booked a hotel room right next to the port (Radisson hotel) - $75.

2. I arranged our transportation from MCO to the hotel ahead of time - $100.

3. We arrived a day before our cruise and took a private shuttle to our hotel in Cape Canaveral (travel time 1 hour).

4. In the morning we had a light breakfast and took a shared shuttle to the port around 11:00 am.

5. Boarding began around 11:30 am and we were on the ship at 12:05 pm.

6. Ship left the port around 4 pm : )

....after the cruise...

7. Our ship docked at Port Canaveral around 7 am.
    8. We had breakfast at 7:30 am and we were off the ship by 9 am.
    9. STAR TRANS driver was waiting for us by the ship with a sign. Travel time to the airport - 1 hour.
    10. Departure - 12:15 pm.

Helpful Sites:
    Radisson hotel in Cape Canaveral- http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa?s_cid=se.ggl.rad_cmp15

MCO airport - http://www.orlandoairports.net

Port Canaveral - http://www.portcanaveral.com

STAR TRANS-VIP Transportation Company - https://www.orlandotransportation-shuttle.com/port_canaveral_transportation.html)

• Cruise

• orlando international airport to disney

by angel0519 Written Sep 15, 2012

I recently used transportationsale to get to my hotel in Disney the driver was on time and very kind stopping at a grocery store on the way so I can fill up my fridge at the resort will highly recommend to family and friends if there gonna visit Orlando in the future I know I will use them again thanks Augusto from transportation sale for the ride

• Elias Transportation has no CLASS

by roosroost Written Jun 11, 2012

Elias's unclassy response when I asked them to honor their website claim about beating ANY quote by 10% (I got a quote for $75 including fees to transport my family of 4 to Port Canaveral, driver with sign, door to door service, private shuttle) "Call any other company in town and see if they match a price as cheap as $75; they' most likely think you'r joking with them. A private Lincoln TownCar to Port Canaveral for $75? This price is way below market rates and we don't have to compete with any half off service companies such as the one you've mentioned but failed to provide a phone number for or vehicle driven. Why do you care so much? Why can't you move on with your life? Are you the online saviour? I'm just wondering why you care so much about honor when you yourself did not show any when communicating with us and jumped to conclusions. We match services that are car for car, service for service etc...I hope you don't bother hotels.com when they promise the cheapest hotel room out of all companies but don't match it b/c of their conditions? Come on!" I ask you, do you want to spend your money on this company?

• Orlando Transportation

by abilio551 Written Oct 21, 2009

In my several vacations to Orlando, I had the opportunity to use various transportation methods such as shuttle, car rental, and taxi. The last two times, I used New Way Tours & Transportation. It made a difference in my vacation; the drivers were knowledgeable about the area and gave me great tips of where to eat, best places to shop, and how to make the most out of the Theme parks. (Like a personal Tour Guide)

I booked my rides online and their rates were similar to taxi, but our family was picked up in a Lincoln Towncar. I am overall very happy with their service and not only recommend, but will use them every time I go to Orlando.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Bad experience with CBC Transportation

by UKDaisy Updated Mar 18, 2007

We booked a cab (company called CBC Transportation) through our hotel for a pick-up from Disney's Transportation & Ticket Center, and they didn't show up at the requested time. We phoned the company, and they said that they would despatch a cab immediately and it would take about 20 minutes to get to us. 30 minutes later and still the cab hadn't showed up. When we phoned again, the operator told us that the cab was already there, but we were sitting in the area where taxis come in and out, and that cab was definitely not there. When we asked where the cab driver is, all they could say was the drop-off area, they couldn't seem to explain any further, so we gave up on them (I reckon they hadn't sent anyone) and took another cab (which ended up cheaper than the quoted fare on phone). You may think why we bothered to wait in the first place, well, that's because when we placed the cab order, the hotel took a deposit from us. Needless to say, we got our deposit refunded in the end.

• Taxi4Hire services in Orlando

by askaraboz Updated Jun 23, 2011

Well, I found Taxi4Hire via google search. My family a our friends were headed to Port Canaveral for a cruise. So we flew to Orlando stayed at the hotel overnight and went to Port Canaveral in the morning. I contacted Taxi4Hire via email for a quote and within half an hour got a response with rates that I thought were very reasonable. But what's important is that they quote you the actual final fee including everything and unlike a few taxi companies a dealt with they do NOT automatically charge you 20% driver gratuity fee. To make a long story short we made a reservation and our driver was waiting for us at the baggage claim area with the sign with my name on it, he helped us with the luggage and took us to his van. On the way to his van he showed us the line that people were standing in waiting for the metered taxi. It was a pretty long and slow moving line if you ask me. He took us to our hotel and the next morning he showed up 10-15 minutes before the arranged time which I thought was nice. Anyway, very reliable and professional company. Our email communication was excellent, they are answering emails fast and are not trying to sell it like others. Simple and to the point. On a side note they did require a prepay for the trip back from Port Canaveral which made my wife a bit worried. But everything turned out fine and the same driver came to Port Canaveral to pick us up. I certainly recommend that company, ask them for a quote if the price is right for you definitely book with them. I think you won't get disappointed.

• Airport Transportation to Hotel

by wis3384 Updated Apr 19, 2011

I consider myself pretty "high maintenance", lol, . This company pays attention to detail. They are prompt, the drivers were all super friendly, and the cars were immaculate. Thanks again and if you are considering a limo service, look no further. They are the best!!
    Noble Transportation & Limousines
    5694 Central Florida Parkway
    Orlando, FL 32821

• Delivery Taxi Express Orlando Cab Company

by icandy579 Written Jun 16, 2011

This company is amazing! They were so cheap and they give you flat rates in advance you always know how much to put aside. Not to mention the guy that took care of us had a great sense of humor, was always on time and new all the great spots to visit! Orlando is definitely not public transportation "friendly" so immediately upon arrival we called them and the took us around during the whole week. You can view their page at http://www.wix.com/bestprice/cityridestaxi and give them a call at (407) 408-9422. Trust me, you will not regret it! they also provide services around florida, loca and long distance, so make sure to inquire about other cities as well. happy travels!

• Transportation sale

by wmcmahon1 Written Jul 25, 2011

We flew into MCO for a cruise and had made arrangements with Transportationsale for town car transportation to the cruise line. They never showed up, we called and only got an answering machine. They never called back, never showed up.

• port canaveral taxi

by dino77 Updated Apr 11, 2011

From Orlando airport you can either get a bus or taxi to the Disney World accommodations. YOu can get an indicative price for a taxi from the dispatcher. Generally it will be chaeaper for more than 2 people to travel by taxi than the bus. I think the bus is $28 return. We were able to get a taxi to take the six of us and it cost about $45 each way. The Disney World Buses are the only way to go as far as getting around WDW. call us at; 407-238-5448

Instant Answers: Orlando