Wheelchair, Orlando

Know about this? Rate It!

Scooter in the room
    by grandmaR
  • In the wheelchair after the scooter gave ut
    In the wheelchair after the scooter gave...
    by grandmaR
  • My granddaughter's photo of me on the scooter
    My granddaughter's photo of me on the...
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Scooter or Wheelchair

by grandmaR Updated Jun 24, 2013

My granddaughter's photo of me on the scooter

You can rent wheelchairs or scooters to move around Disney World. Mom had one in the hotel

I also rented a scooter in 2013. I picked it up at the bell captain desk. I was to return it in the morning when I left. The buses on Disney DO have places for scooters or wheelchairs. So it is quite easy to get to the various parks

However the scooter gave out in the middle of Downtown Disney and had to be pushed to the bus. Then they gave me a wheelchair at the hotel but would not push it for me. I called them on the phone, but their office had closed for the night. When I called in the morning they said they would refund my money.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Wheelchair and Scooter Rental

by cjg1 Written Jun 9, 2009

Travelling with a person with physical disabilities can be tricky especially if you need to have a wheelchair or scooter. Fortunately Liz's Dad travels with his own scooter so we didn't have to worry about renting one. We did inquire about Disney's wheelchair and scooter rentals by calling (407) 824-2222.

Wheelchairsare $10 per day (There is a $100 deposit charged to your credit card per unit rented.) and the electric scooters are $45 per day, with a $20 refundable deposit ($100 at Downtown Disney). There are rental locations at Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and the Marketplace.

**There might not always be a scooter available dur to high demand so go early to reserve one or call guset relations ahead of time.**

• Theme Park Trips
    • Disabilities
    • Seniors

• nick723's Profile Photo

Traveling to WDW w/disabled family member

by nick723 Written Aug 3, 2005

Planning a family trip to walt disney world?! don't forget grandma j/k but if you have a disabled member in your'e travel party that person and up to 4 other poeple get to skip up to the front of the line! it's true, it's called disney's wheelchair pollicy. this works on most rides, and ones that it doesn't at the ticket and transportion center VIP passes can be uptained.

• Disabilities