Crime Related, Orlando

• Crime Related
    by livingthefloridalife
  • Crime Related
    by livingthefloridalife
  • A robbery happens every 3 minutes in Florida!

by CriticalThinker Written Oct 3, 2011

A robbery happens in Florida every 3 minutes. To protect your future, invest in a Del-Air security system. Previous Del-Air customers are eligible for 3 months free and insured homeowners will get a discount on premium. Medical pendants are also available for senior citizens or people with medical issues (included in monthly premium). Standard rate 29.99 mo. Without a house phone 39.99. If you live in the Orlando area call 407 342 0475 to speak to a Del-Air Security representative for more information about security consultation.

• Seniors

• Most robberies happen through the front door!

by CriticalThinker Written Oct 3, 2011

A robbery happens in Florida every 3 minutes. To protect your future, invest in a Del-Air security system. If you live in the Orlando area call 407 342 0475 to speak to a Del-Air Security representative about security consultation. Previous Del-Air customers get a discount as well as insured homeowners.

• Crime in Orlando

by bhudson Written Jun 13, 2011

I moved here from Detroit, Mi and this isnt crime here Orlando....I happen to love Orlando and the Metro West Area. I have had no problems with crime. Everyone who thinks they know crime vistit Detroit or Chicago and maybe they will change their mine. There is crime everywhere you live. Some areas have more than others. People think crime is always happening in areas where it's low income...Not true!!! Its happens anywhere where someone is not paying attention to their surroundings or not being cautions. I dont care where I live I am always on the look out for anything that can happen.

• Orlando/Kissimmee 192 crime & YUCK

by GLama Written Feb 5, 2011

OK - If your a tourist -stay on property! It is your safest bet. If you are staying off property & along 192, keep to the tourist area (west of 535) once your east 535 that area things go down hill for about 12 miles. There are many abandoned buildings (34%) that the local homeless people have been squatting in (viking motel). the whole Kissimmee area gets slum like/ blighted after hoagland blvd. & even the county is formatting a plan to give to the feds to fix up the blighted 192 area. One other thing- Days inn next to Old Town ( which is great) is known by the locals as "Club Meth" since the rooms smell like someones been cooking meth in them - spend an extra 10 bucks & get a better place to stay

• rkopel (user on this site) is a Racist from FL

by CDK24 Written Jul 28, 2010

Be careful of the racism. A member on the Orlando Crime forum named "rkopel" is a racist from Fl and a KKK member who posts nasty things about people of color on this site. His comment is on the page about crime in Orlando. Watch out for people like him in Florida And on this forum.

crime

by doug48 Updated Jun 17, 2010

parramore area

for the most part orlando is a safe place to visit but for the tourist unfamiliar with the area there are high crime areas in orlando that you must be aware of. one of these areas is the parramore section just west of downtown orlando. this area is boardered by I-4 to the east and south, SR50 (w. colonial drive) to the north, US 441 (orange blossom trail) to the west. when visiting downtown do not venture west of I-4 especially after dark. another area that should be avoided is the pine hills section of orlando. locals call the area "crime hills". pine hills is west of downtown orlando between SR50 (w. colonial drive) and clarconna-ocoee road. there is some crime in the tourist areas but if you stay aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your valuables you should not have any problems. because of very good security the major theme parks are virtually crime free. to see crime statistics by orlando neighborhood and zip code see the attached website.

• "Upscale" Neighborhoods in Orlando

by livingthefloridalife Written Jun 16, 2010

"I live in the Orlando Metro area. I have lived in Oviedo in , Windermere , East Orlando, and Altamonte Springs. "NICE AREAS" and I have been a victim to or witnessed crime from all races and classes of people. EVERYTIME the police did nothing."

• Skip the trip to Orlando, go to a County Fair

by Caressisle Written Nov 2, 2009

I moved out of Orlando due to the high, senseless crimes, not to mention the traffic. I dare you to walk out of your hotel/home/condo/apartment after dark. Don't even consider using an ATM during the late hours, I wouldn't even use it during the daylight hours. You stopped at a yellow light? How dare you! The driver behind you is in a hurry, therefore he will either ram your car or pull out his handgun and kill you. Are you bringing your young children to the parks? Sexual Predators are numerous, they will find your daughter, they love little girls. Don't be surprised if your sleeping child has been taken right out of their hotel bed in the wee hours of the morning. Heading to one of the retail shopping areas? Oh, they will kill you there too and take your car and your money, perhaps even you wife or daughter, and they don't care that you have your 6 month old strapped in a carseat in the back seat, they'll still take your minivan. A Magical place no longer. If you tip the United States on it's side, all the sludge ends up in Florida. Watch an episode of 48 hours, I guarentee the person who is being charged with murder is associated with The Sunshine State. Sad, very sad....

• Orlando does have crime!

by orlandotourist Written Aug 2, 2009

Recently our family took a trip to Florida. On the way to the airport we stopped at the Black Angus Steak house directly across from Wet 'n Wild on International Boulevard. It was about 12:30 in the afternoon. We went in for lunch. When we came out all of our bags had been stolen from our rental car! The rental car was locked when we got back to the car (we know it was because the kids were whining that it was hot and wanted Dad to open it up faster for them.) So, in the middle of the afternoon on a highly populated street, some thugs stole all of our stuff (even our 5-yr-old's new Ariel baby doll). Then locked the doors to the car before getting away. We were parked directly in front of the restaurant too. (The restaurant has NO security cameras outside). Beware in Florida, folks. Criminals don't vacations even when we want to! And oh, we waited 1 1/2 hours for the police to arrive then we had to catch our flight home. No police ever showed eventhough we saw two marked cars pass by the restaurant on our way out. Makes me really re-consider Orlando for vacation.

SOBT

by doug48 Updated Jun 29, 2008

SOBT

the SOBT, US441, (south orange blosson trail) runs through the highest crime areas of orlando. the SOBT is lined with sleazy strip clubs, adult bookstores, bars, and run down motels. the SOBT is a high prositution and drug dealing area that should be avoided any time of the day. the bad section of US441 runs from SR438 (silver star road) to the north and to the orlando city limits to the south. for crime statistics for orlando neighborhoods and zip codes see the attached website.

heroin alley

by doug48 Updated Feb 22, 2008

gang tag

state road 436 from curry ford road to the south and to SR50, (colonial drive) to the north is called herion alley by orlando locals. this major north-south road from the airport to central orlando is perfectly safe to travel on but the neighborhoods to the east and west of SR 436 are infested with gangs and drug dealers. also late at night people race on this section on 436 which is a safety hazard. you will have no problem if you drive to and from the airport on SR436 as long as you avoid the neighborhoods that boarder this road. for orlando crime statistics by neighborhood and zip code see the attached website.

• Theme Park Trips

• Nav and camera break in

by swflguy Written Oct 18, 2007

Festival Bay Mall at International Drive
    5250 International Dr.
    Orlando, FL 32819
    (407) 351-7718

My wife and I were in orlando, at the above mentioned mall. We came out after about an hour of shopping to find the driver's window of our s.u.v. smashed and the contents rifled though. I later found out that the mall was in a "not so great" part of town. The cowardly robbers took my digital camera, which they thought was a "TOM TOM" Nav unit. The O.P.D. officer who showed up on the scene told me that because I left the cradle on the windshield, I put up a red flag that apparently read "please break in to my car". He also told me that the mall was a daily cars thieft spot, Nav units are stolen DAILY there.

festival bay security 407-210-2405

o.p.d. 407-246-2470

• Pickpocket gang

by ECtravel Written Oct 3, 2007

My parents were shopping at the Ralph Lauren store in Orlando Premium outlet. The store was very crowded. Somebody cut my mom's handbag and stole her passport (which the criminal thought was a wallet). The people who worked at the Ralph Lauren store simply ignored and did not offer any help at all when my father yelled "HELP". It was a very terrible experience. When we requested to speak to the store manager to ask for help and find out what we should do, the cashiers refused. And the manager never showed up until the police arrived. The sales person even wants us to leave the store before the police arrived. We refused to leave and waited the police. And the smart police searched and found the passport in a hidden rack. It's a horrible experience. There were many hidden camera inside the store. But they refuse to give the recorded video to the police. Pls be aware when u visit this place.

• IloveFL's Profile Photo

Dodgy people on lynx buses

by IloveFL Written Sep 21, 2007

Watch out for random dodgy geezers on buses we had one chap come sit around us wiv $5dollar bill hanging out of his back pocket hoping we'd take it and cause a bit of trouble this was on way to downtown orlando, best thing to do if this happens is just ignore them and report it to a policeman on arrival at lynx bus station.

• Be wary...stay alert

by cayohueso111 Updated Jun 5, 2007

As a Florida native, I am ashamed of what my state has become. Crime is rampant and out of control in all of our cities. I am a native of Jacksonville, which degenerated from great to bad to horrific in my years there, but now I live in the Central Florida area. Most of the time, crime centers around the drug trade. If you stay clear of that, you still have to worry about the side effects of the trade...robberies, burglaries etc. When in any big city, but especially one that caters to tourists like Orlando, there are specific things to be aware of. Lock your doors at night. Some people don't belive it or not. Do not open your room door to anyone you dont know. Call the front desk and see if they really sent a maid up to your room. Don't wear too much jewelry or show off a big bank roll of cash even in the parks. Some elements here like to mad dog stare at you to start an altercation. Do not stare back, but don't look away either. Develop the "thousand yard stare" and put on your best stone face. Never respond to anything said in passing, certain elements will attack as a squad which you may not see coming. Lock your car in a lighted lot close to your room. If you must go to a restroom in a restaurant or theme park, especially in Universal, let someone with you know or even take back up in the form of another person. This sounds very paranoid but we have a serious predator problem here, cultivated over the last 20 years so anyone under 30 is a potential problem, sad but true. Another rule of thumb...don't trust anyone wearing long "shorts" and wife beater "tshirts" to be civilized. It may be profiling, but when your life depends on reading the signs, do it.

Instant Answers: Orlando