Ormond Beach Restaurants

Dessert pancake with blueberries 2012
  • Senior's pot roast with mashed potatoes &corn 2012
    Senior's pot roast with mashed potatoes...
  • Nutrella breakfast pancake-strawberries&bananas'12
    Nutrella breakfast...

Most Recent Restaurants in Ormond Beach

IHOP: Across from the Condo

by grandmaR Updated Apr 23, 2012

IHOP from the Plantation Condo

We walked across A1A to the IHOP for dinner. The harried waitress said she could seat us but she was by herself and there was a soccer team having dinner so it might be awhile before we got served. There was one cook, and two busboys and that was all to wait on the whole place.

Eventually, I had 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon hash browns and 2 pieces of toast and Bob had French toast. We had hot tea, and the bill was $15.40. He left the exact change on the register because otherwise we'd have been there all night.

Favorite Dish: We often go to our local IHOP and I like about it that

a) We can get breakfast at dinner if we feel like it
    b) They have a senior's menu with less food.

• Barnacles Restaurant and Lounge: Not all that

by Blessx3 Updated Apr 4, 2011

On June 28, 2007. The service we had was terrible. My husband and I order
    the all you can eat crab legs and 3 kids meals for the children. It took 1 hour
    for our first plate of crabs legs to come to the table. My husbands plate of crabs
    legs were still frozen, not cold, they were frozen. The kids meals came a half a
    hour later. And then our second plate of crabs legs were cold. We waiting another
    45 minutes for our 3rd plate of crab legs. By this time it was past the closing
    time and we could tell the wait staff wanted us out. When we received the bill
    I ask the waiter doesn't he think we deserve an discount on our bill for what
    we had went through and he said he would speak to the manager. I said I would like
    to speak to the manager and he/she never came out and he just told me we get a
    free desert to take home, which was some kind of brownie and it was burnt. I have
    never had service like this and it was uncall for.

Shells: Fresh Seafood

Street sign

For dinner one night, I didn't want to go to a chain, so I rejected Outback Steakhouse, Burger King, Olive Garden, Bennigans, Pizza Hut, Subway, Quiznos, Ruby Tuesday, and McDonalds. I actually had in mind to go to Shell's and that's where we went.

The restaurant may not exist anymore, or maybe the Ormond Beach one has closed.

Favorite Dish: They seated us and gave us two waiters (although we never saw the girl after the drinks order). We got hot tea. The waiter asked us if we wanted bread, and we said - why do you ask, is it extra. He said no but that with all the low carb diets sometimes people didn't want bread. The bread was a small thin loaf, but he didn't bring a knife to cut it and I had to use my regular knife.

Bob had a half pound of fried scallops (with fries and cole slaw for $8.99) which he said were the smallest he had ever seen, and I had the coconut shrimp and grilled chicken combo for $12.99. This came with baby carrots and broccoli (but the broccoli ends were all brown) and home fries. I couldn't eat the chicken and brought it home. The bill including tip was $32.44

Olive Garden: One of the chains

by grandmaR Updated Feb 23, 2010

My dinner - stuffed shells with shrimp

In addition to IHOP there are plenty of chain restaurants available including

Outback Steakhouse, 135 East Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 676-1550‎

Chili's Grill & Bar‎ 190 Williamson Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 672-7760‎

Wendy's‎, 335 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 673-5249‎

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 125 Interchange Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 673-5400‎

Moe's Southwest Grill‎, 337 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 677-1156‎

Quiznos, Unit 6, 1345 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 677-3606‎,

Applebee's Neighborhood Grill‎, 150 Williamson Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 672-0733‎

Chick-fil-A‎, 1464 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 673-6424‎

Taco Bell‎, 361 West Granada Boulevard, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 673-9218‎

Godfather's Pizza‎, 700 South Nova Road, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 671-0447‎

Johnny Rockets‎, 976 Old Mill Run, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (352) 259-0051‎

Burger King, 1622 N Us Highway 1, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 615-0977‎

Subway, 1058 North US Highway 1, Ormond Beach, FL‎ - (386) 676-3120‎ and Olive Garden

Favorite Dish: We went to dinner at the Olive Garden. I had stuffed shells with shrimp and Bob had lasagna. It was $26.42.

Billy's Tap Room and Grill: Oldest Restaurant in Ormond Beach

Specials menu

We were at the Casements. Billy's Tap Room and Grill which was on the other side of the MacDonald House was Ormond Beach's oldest restaurant - it was established in 1822 by the man who used to run the tea room at the hotel across the street. Since by this time it was 12:40, we walked over to Billy's for lunch.

Favorite Dish: Bob had an egg salad sandwich and I had a crabcake which was extremely good with actual lump crabmeat and not a lot of mishmash in it. I ordered creme brulee for dessert, but they were out of it, so Bob and I shared a brownie fudge sundae. The bill was $19.65 before the tip

• The Beach Bucket: Wow What A View!

by jacquiep Written Feb 6, 2009

Off the Outside Deck

This restaurant has a beautiful view of the Ocean! I sat on the outside deck, looking out on to the Ocean, while having a cocktail and enjoying the sun and ocean breeze. I ordered my meal and was pleasantly surprised by with the quality of food for the price. The staff was so friendly and the atmosphere was relaxing. The food was delicious and the service wonderful. It was a great experience, after my meal I took off my shoes and walked on the beach to watch the sunset. A Perfect Evening at The Beach Bucket!

Favorite Dish: The Drinks and Food were all great!

• Seniors

• Barnacles Seafood Restaurant: Great Food, Great Service, Great Place!

by jacquiep Written Feb 6, 2009

Barnacles

This restaurant is wonderful! I sat on the outside deck while having a cocktail and enjoying the sun and ocean breeze. I decided to go inside to order my dinner and was greeted with such a friendly staff and the atmosphere was relaxing. The food was delicious and the service wonderful. It was such a great day, I decided after dinner to walk around the side of the restaurant, take off my shoes and walk on the beach. A Perfect Evening at Barnacles!

Favorite Dish: Everything was Great!

• TxDevil's Profile Photo

Barnacles: Less food, More money

by TxDevil Written Sep 4, 2002

my dinner

More like a Red Lobster, but higher priced and less quantity of food. People were rude and un-attentive.

Instant Answers: Ormond Beach

Comments

Ormond Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ormond Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ormond Beach sightseeing.