Palm Harbor Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by Samanyja
    My Best Friend
    by Starlas
    Painting on the side of a building
    by Starlas

Palm Harbor Things to Do

• by Samanyja Written Feb 26, 2008

My family had always wanted to try kayaking. We were on vacation and found their brochure, and thought this would be the way to try it. They provided everything we needed; the kayaks and gear, snacks, drinks, instruction, sunscreen, everything. They even take digital photos and give you the CD when you get back in. We felt so safe. The owners are retired police officers. One was also a white water rafting guide and the other was a search and rescue diver. We were in good hands. If you are in the area, you need to go out with them.
    Oh, and we saw dolphins!!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Kayaking

Palm Harbor Hotels

Palm Harbor Restaurants

The entry

by Erin09340 Written Aug 7, 2007

Cricketers is a british pub in Palm Harbor. Its got a comfortable atmosphere and a terrific beer selection. The food is acceptable, but not super-fantastic. That said, its one of my husband's favorite places to go when we're home.

We generally go in the afternoon, after lunch and before dinner. The staff is minimal at this time and dining can take a while.

Favorite Dish: Chris and I love our beer, and Cricketers has a good selection. For meals, I typically get sandwiches and maybe some grouper fingers to start with. Chris does the same.

by Erin09340 Updated Mar 19, 2007

Ozona Blue is located near Home Port Marina in Ozona. Nice location, comfortable interior, REALLY LOUD though. Since when have restaurants in FL decided that in order for their guests to have a nice evening out they shouldn't be able to talk to each other without shouting? This is far from the only place in Pinellas County that one can barely here their companions at. What's reallly bad is that when the crowd thins out a little bit, you still find yourself shouting and then you just look like an obnoxious loser. Thanks Florida restaurants.

Favorite Dish: The food is good. I have dined here twice. Once, I had the grouper piccata and ceasar salad. Outstanding. The grouper was $18.90 and worth every penny. There has been some scandalous restaurants serving "grouper" that was in fact, hake, paddock, or some other not-grouper fish. Ozona Blue serves the real deal and the piccata sauce goes beautifully.

The second visit, I had the ahi tuna appetizer and a margarita flatbread. The ahi was delicious and the flatbread was an interesting variety of pizza that I'd definitely order again.

In short...kudos on the food and boo on the ambiance/noise factor

scallops 1 more image

by Erin09340 Updated Apr 4, 2006

The Thirsty Marlin has consistently good food. Their menu heavily features seafood, from sushi to pasta dishes. I espcially like their grouper cheeks. Quite tasty. My husband ordered the scallops and thought they were delicious, although a little on the skimpy side. Their side dishes range from red beans and rice to coleslaw. Their shecrab bisque is so thick and rich.

They have an extensive menu and everyone will be sure to find something they like.

Favorite Dish: On the weekend, you might have a hard time getting in and if you have a large party, reservations are mandatory. They have live music and a fun atmosphere.

• Beaches

Palm Harbor Transportation

• by gtchickadee Written May 31, 2005

You definately need a car to travel around Palm Harbor. The bus system leaves a lot to be desired. There is plenty of parking wherever you want to go, and everything can be reached in around 15-20 minutes (at the most).

Palm Harbor Off The Beaten Path

• Painting on the side of a building

by Starlas Written Oct 2, 2003

This is an area that has a strong Greek population. It was really neat. Lots of restaurants and bakery's that specialized in Greek food. This is the are where the boats and divers go out in the ocean and dive for the sponges. They sell them in all the gift shops there.

Instant Answers: Palm Harbor

Comments

Palm Harbor Travel Guide
Map of Palm Harbor