Panama City Beach Favorites

Remnants of an old pier
    Shrimp boats
    by SquadCaptain
    The shells of the panhandle of Florida

Most Recent Favorites in Panama City Beach

• Ahhh...the beach!

by travel_gurl Written May 2, 2007

Favorite thing: Being from the East Coast, where going to the "beach" meant Ocean City, Maryland or Cape May, NJ, the water of the Gulf of Mexico was nice. Otherwise, this is your typical "party" beach spot, which isn't really my thing. Down the road a bit from Panama City are also a bunch of outlets, for those who are interested in shopping.

• red_stone's Profile Photo

When visiting Panama City...

by red_stone Written May 2, 2003

Favorite thing: When visiting Panama City Beach, FL you absolutely must visit everything possible and do everything possible. There is so much to do. I made sure everytime I went on vacation here, I ate at Sharkies(great shark meat), go to St. Andrews State Park(snorkling, surfing on a body board(you can get these at Wal-mart), Alvin's(a must for the shoppers), goonie golfing(next to the go-kart track on Front Beach RD), Shipwreck Island water park(wear plenty of sunscreen.....this place is a blast). These are just the ones that I got out of the way to make sure I did before I left. They have para-sailing, sea-doos, motorbike rentals, deep sea fishing, and then at night you have the following clubs: Spinnakers and Club La Vela. These two are the main clubs there. They are both huge, and I mean huge. These two clubs are the place to be when it is Spring Break. You can do a search on these two, and find plenty of information about them, including a lot of pics.

Fondest memory: Fondest memory of Panama City Beach, FL would have to be just being there. I went there as a kid, and now as an adult. I have never tired of the place. The beaches are very pretty, and so are the women...LOL. If I ever wore myself out by doing too much to quick, I would just relax on the beach and enjoy the sun. Even at night time it is nice to go down to the beach and just relax.

• red_stone's Profile Photo

Activities on the Beach

by red_stone Written May 2, 2003

Favorite thing: On the beach you can find sea-doo rentals, and para-sailing. Be sure to look up in the sky at the planes flying by, pulling banners, for specials on dinners and other activities that might be going on.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Just A Short Visit

by keeweechic Updated Oct 19, 2002

Favorite thing: Panama City Beach was just a short trip down from Destin where we were staying. The drive took only about 45 minutes.

Fondest memory: What a gorgeous area although it was really glarey the morning we were there and with a headache both from the wine the night before and from walking into the t.v. cabinet in the middle of the night, the brightness was a struggle:-) Still the beaches were gorgeous. Unfortunately this page is really just about the beach area where we visited.

• Debesiuke's Profile Photo

I like to remember it

by Debesiuke Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: Panama City Beach is a wonderful place for vacations. There are many beautiful hotels with swimming pools, motels, inns. Some are quite cheap. People are very kind, smiling, saying 'hello' to stranges. I really loved it. It was quite unusual for me, becausee in my country people do not behave like that, but after some time I started saying 'hello' to eveyone as well. :)
    No matter where you go everyone will meet you with a smile, esp. if you are a foreigner. People are very interested in foreigners and curious to know who they are. :)
    What I really loved was the ocean. Water is very warm and of a very nice color. Sand is white. What I missed were tall palm trees. Alas, I was unable to see any.
    The weather is hot, very hot. If you are from eastern or northern countries of Europe you will not be able to stand such a hot weather. At nights it's almost the same. It was very difficult for me to adopt myself to such weather.
    While being there I had to go to a travel agency. The one, that was closest to my place was 'Far Horizons'. The woman who worked there (I cannot remember her name now) was really very helpful and I am very grateful to her. She helped me not only to save money ordering tickets, but also adviced me. She was a very kind person and if you need something connected with travels, just go to that place. I'm sure she'll be very helpful too. They advice foreigners and it is really useful if you are in a foreign country, where everything was different. And esp. if you are alone, like I was.
    The United States left me only good memories. Esp. people. All are very kind and ready to help. It was something amazing for me that they care so much of strangers. :)
    All my memories about Panama City Beach are only good. I loved that place and I miss it now. There are so many things to see and to try! Hello to everyone who is in Panama City Beach! And thanks that you welcome us with a smile! :)

• GET ON THE BEACH FIRST THING...

by JDBS Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: GET ON THE BEACH FIRST THING ITS A MUST ENJOY THE SUNSHINE AND THE WATER SO MANY ACTIVITIES..WAVE RUNNERS, SAIL BOATS, BANANA BOATS, PARA SAILING ECT.ALSO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO STAY IN THE SUN ALL DAY GO TO ST. ANDREWS STATE PARK ITS BEAUTIFUL MUST GO TO THE GATOR POND
    ( TAKE A CAMERA) THERE'S ABOUT 12 GATORS ONE THEY SAY ABOUT 12 FEET LONG NO FENCES NO NOTHING JUST A TRIAL TO FOLLOW WITH A WONDERFUL LANDSCAPE AND ALL KINDS OF WIERD SHAPED TREES THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY THINGS TO DO IN THE PARK. THERE'S FISHING, SWIMMING, SNORKLING, JUST PACK A LUNCH AND ENJOY

Fondest memory: I DON'T NO IF YOU WOULD CALL IT FONDEST BUT JUNE OF 95 MY WIFE AND MYSELF CAME TO PANAMA CITY BEACH FOR 2 WEEKS MIGHT SAY THE HONEYMOON WE NEVER HAD WELL TWO DAYS AFTER WERE THERE GUESS WHAT.... HURICAINE ALISON WOW! BUT I GUESS THATS TO BE EXPECTED IF YOUR GOING TO THE BEACH DURING THE SUMMER. JUST LIKE TORNADOS BACK HOME WELL ALL TURNED OUT GREAT AND WE ENJOYED THE REST OF OUR VACTION....

• Visit Club LaVela, the largest...

by Beachbad Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Visit Club LaVela, the largest night club in the USA. Yes, it's way to crowded most of the time, but it's still a great place to party and meet people. Spinnaker,right next door is another great party place. Panama City Beach is Spring Break paradise and an exciting family spot summer and fall.

Fondest memory: Parasailing over the ocean, above the sugar white beaches. Many people think this would be 'scarey', but when you are up there it's just peacefull and beautiful. The wind in your hair and the rustle of the parachute 'silk' combined with the awesome view is out of this world

• inchick's Profile Photo

Beach and palms

by inchick Written May 3, 2003

Favorite thing: Panama City Beach is the most popular family vacation destination in the Panhandle - and the beaches are superb.

Instant Answers: Panama City Beach

Comments

Panama City Beach Favorites

Reviews and photos of Panama City Beach favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panama City Beach sightseeing.

View all Panama City Beach hotels