Panama City Beach Restaurants

guy harvey island grill
    by doug48
    back porch seafood & oyster house
    by doug48
    Restaurant from the car
    by grandmaR

Most Recent Restaurants in Panama City Beach

• doug48's Profile Photo

guy harvey island grill: key west style

by doug48 Written Apr 21, 2009

guy harvey island grill

guy harvey island grill panama city beach is one of a chain of tropical themed restaurants and bars in florida. guy harvey is a famous florida wildlife artist and marine conservationist. guy harvey island grill serves local seafood and american fare in a fun key west style setting. a fun place to east and drink in p.c. beach.

• Fishing

• doug48's Profile Photo

captain anderson's: local seafood

by doug48 Written Apr 20, 2009

established in 1967 captain anderson's is the best seafood restaurant in panama city beach. captain anderson's offers local seafood and american fare. captain anderson's is a florida trend golden spoon hall of fame winner and is considered one of the best seafood restaurants in the state of florida. great local seafood moderately priced.

• Business Travel

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

The Spicy Noodle: Good Italian on the Cheap

by BigBlueOne Updated Jul 24, 2008

All sorts of italian food with excellent pizzas and a very good wine list for such a small place. Also, for a touristy place, this restaurant is very reasonably priced considering how good it is.

Favorite Dish: The pizzas are out of this world.

• Reggae J's Island Grill At Pier Park: Worst beach meal I've ever had

by rekooka99 Written Jul 6, 2008

Worst beach meal I've ever had and I only live 2 hours away, so i come frequently. It started when we were told we'd be seated in 30-45 minutes. An hour and a half later and after drinking a water-downed margarita with a splash of liquor my two young kids were about to nibble the fingers right off my hands they were so hungry. We were seated outdoors and the weather was quite pleasant. After about 10 minutes, our waiter, Adam T, sauntered up and clumsily took our orders. About 30 minutes later, the food arrived with 3 of the 4 orders wrong. My wife ordered the "grouper stuffed with shrimp and crab" but we had a hard time finding much of anything inside the poor tasteless fish. I asked Adam if the scallop salad was good and his response was "that lady over there just ordered it and said she likes it." The "lady over there" was either blind or had no taste buds or both. The salad basically consisted of bagged iceburg lettuce with about 10 medium sized cold, rubbery, tasteless scallops. The "caribbean fruit" garnishing was a plop of slimy pineapple, mushy, mealy banana and a slurry of sticky mango. The "Caribbean white cheese" was actualy pretty good but I only got 2 small slivers. I failed to mention that the salad came out with a pot of dressing doused over it, so my family had completed about 3/4 of their meal before the correct order came out ("dressing on the side, please). The server saw that things were not going well about 1/2 the way through th meal and began blame shifting saying "if those cooks in the back would just get their act together!" By the end of the meal, I was fuming, I paid the bill, grudgingly tipped the server the expected 15% and then confronted the general manager, Shane. He was polite but defended his restaurant as "fresh and progressive" My recommendation to everyone is to stay away from this joke of a seafood restaurant.

Favorite Dish: My kids chicken strips were good, but I could have gone to Popeyes for a whole lot less money.

• rodsdoll97's Profile Photo

Angelo's Steak Pit: You Gotta Try It!

by rodsdoll97 Updated May 18, 2008

Home of Big Gus, the 20,000 lb steer!

This is such a fun place to eat while in PCB! The food is great, and so is the service! Must try!!! Plus, last time I visited, they were raising money (had a bucket for change) for Autism! Since I have a child on the spectrum, I was very impressed!

Favorite Dish: Salad, Steak & Good ol' fashioned baked potato!

• Disabilities

• casa de fogo: Unbelievable meat lovers dream

by griffony Updated Mar 28, 2008

They roam the restaurant giving you 12 fabulous meats that they serve directly to your table. Brazilian fare. It is terrific. The salad and side bar is awesome. LOTS to eat

Favorite Dish: You get to eat everything!!!!

• Seniors

Bonefish Grill: Fishy Chain

by grandmaR Updated Feb 9, 2008

Bob walking in

The man who checked us in to the condo said that Bonefish had Early Bird Specials. But we couldn't find it. We tried two days in a row. Finally we took the phone book with us one morning and found it in the Grand Panama shopping center - not directly on the road. We went out on New Years Eve to visit some parks and afterwards we went directly to Bonefish for dinner. We got there a little before 1700.

We found out that they had happy hour specials on drinks, but not early bird specials for dinner. Although I didn't know it at the time, this is actually a chain restaurant

Even though we went in on New Years Eve, without a reservation, they did seat us. Possibly the fact that we were trying to be early enough for the supposed Early Bird Specials helped.

Favorite Dish: I had a cup of chowder , and the Tilapia with potatoes au gratin and green beans (photo 4). Bob had the Mahi mahi with mashed potatoes and green beans (photo 3). Total was $36.23 before tip, and it was all VERY good.

• criss1956's Profile Photo

Antonio's bakery: A little bit of Europe in PCB

by criss1956 Written Jan 30, 2008

You walk in and it's like walking into a bakery in Europe.
    The sweets are works of art. They aren't just sweet, sugary pretties. They have favor, other than just sweet.

Have a cup of coffee and a piece of cake and enjoy the view of the Gulf.

Favorite Dish: Everything

• criss1956's Profile Photo

Saltwater Grill: Great Steak

by criss1956 Written Jan 30, 2008

Very nice restaurant! My wife had the Filet and honestly, it was the best that we've ever had.
    Outstanding!
    I had Grouper. It was good, as Grouper shoud be. But the Filet.........!!
    They have a great piano player there: Michael Rorah.

The steaks cost a few dollars more than chain restaurants but the extra $2 or $3 is well worth it.

The service is very good, too - good enough for me to leave a 25% tip.

Favorite Dish: Steak

• Wine Tasting

Saltwater Grill: Reef Tank and Lobsters

by grandmaR Written Jan 19, 2008

Lobster tank

We went to the Salt Water Grill for dinner. The attraction was that they served lobster seven ways, but it was too expensive for us.

Hours:
    Happy Hour ~ Everyday from 3pm ‘til 6pm Offering $4 martinis, ½ off well drinks, $1 off house wine and $2 domestic draft beer.

Early Bird Dinner Hours ~
    Everyday from 4:00pm ‘til 5:30pm
    Must be seated by 5:30pm.

Dinner Hours ~
    Sunday thru Thursday~ 4:00pm 'til 10pm
    Friday and Saturday~ 4:00pm 'til 11pm

The big attraction here was an enormous salt water tank in the center of the restaurant. It had what I presumed was fake coral that was very pretty. But there were only tiny fish in there. Our server said that they were restocking the tank and the little fish were put in first so that they would find there way around the tank before the big fish were put in. He said that they had a diver clean the inside of the tank once a month, and it was an event which all the local parents would bring their children to watch. Of course, they also had lobster tanks for you to pick your own lobsters.

Favorite Dish: They had an early bird menu from 4 to 5:30, and we got there at 2 minutes after 5:30, but she said we could do the Early Bird anyway. I did the roast chicken with blue crab stuffing from the early bird for $12.99. It came with a salad and a potato. Bob had the 2 "Maryland" crab cakes appetizer for $8.99 and a cup of lobster bisque ($5.50).

Dirty Dick's Crab House: Dick's Crabs

by grandmaR Written Jan 19, 2008

Restaurant from the parking lot

For dinner we went to Dirty Dick's Crab House. This was (as you might expect) a seafood place with red and white check oilcloth on the tables.

They have other restaurants in other locations such as a restaurant in Kill Devil Hills (ByPass at Mile Post 9.5) or south in Avon (Avon Pier area) or Virginia Beach location at Rudee Inlet.

Favorite Dish: We both had the Snow Crab special which came with 8 legs, and boiled potatoes and a small piece of corn on the cob. Sort of like a New England clambake, except with snow crab instead of lobster and clams.

Then I asked for a dessert. I can't remember what I asked for, but Bob asked for pecan pie. All there was was a King Cake (like they have in New Orleans at Mardi Gras), and a brownie sundae. Bob had the brownie sundae, and I took the King Cake, which was stale.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Pineapple Willie's: So much fun!

by HotRodEtte Updated Aug 10, 2007

A fun, laid back atmosphere located on the beach with live Reggae music and a tavern fare, this was one of my favorite places to hit up while in PCB. They had great food and wonderful drinks.
    Look for this place and check it out if you are able. It was one of the highlights of the trip!

Favorite Dish: The ribs, definitely! They were delicious and meaty with an excellent tangy barbecue sauce. But bring lots of wet naps or something because half the fun was how messy they were to eat! I also recommend their pina colada to drink, they were to die for! A littel cherry juice topped with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry was the icing on the cake!

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Pier 77 Seafood Restaurant: Pier 77 - Fresh Seafood at a reasonable price.

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Sep 5, 2005

Pier 77 - Great Seafood

Pier 77 is a local seafood restaurant on Thomas Drive. The owners also own Shrimp City Seafood Market next door. The restaurant serves the freshest seafood at reasonable prices in a family atmosphere. There's nothing fancy about this restaurant, just good eating.

Favorite Dish: We opened with a bowl of Fried Pickles. If you've never tried them, you really should. They are awesome!

The Fried Shrimp were excellent as was the Fried Grouper. There are a variety of local catches which change daily.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Salty's Beachside Restaurant: RIP - Salty's Drinks and Lunch on the beach!

by MatthewMetcalfe Updated Aug 20, 2005

Sadly, Salty's has gone away. On a recent trip in 2005 it was boarded up. If you've ever had a good time at Salty's give them a thumbs up for posterity!

Salty's is a Beachside Restaurant on Front Beach in Panama City. They offer a variety of drinks and quick food. The great thing about Salty's is that it's right on the beach and close to the action.

Salty's in nothing Fancy. It's casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Boiled Shrimp and an Ice cold beer are the best. They also have a great Grouper Sandwich.

If you are with a group get a Melon Drink. Salty's will hollow out a watermelon and fill it with Liquor for you.

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Hamilton's: Hamilton's - Destroyed by Hurricane in 2004

by cfwestbe Updated Aug 15, 2005

Hamilton's - Before the Roof was destroyed

This was our favorite restaurant in Panama City Beach. Unfortunately, one of the late season Hurricanes in 2004 destroyed the roof and repairs have not been completed. Hamilton's has been closed all summer of 2005. We are so sad :(

Favorite Dish: Everything we have tried was good. We get the Seafood Platter!! Lots of food!

Instant Answers: Panama City Beach

Comments

Panama City Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panama City Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panama City Beach sightseeing.

View all Panama City Beach hotels