Panama City Beach Restaurants

guy harvey island grill
    by doug48
    back porch seafood & oyster house
    by doug48
    Restaurant from the car
    by grandmaR

Most Recent Restaurants in Panama City Beach

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Sweet Basil's: A taste of Italy

by HotRodEtte Written Jul 6, 2005

Although I don't remember exactly what was on the menu since this was 10 years ago, I do remember this being a nice splurge away from the spring break monotony. This was an excellent Italina restaurant right across from our hotel, pricey for college students but worth it for those of us in the working class.

Billy's Oyster Bar: Billy's Oyster Bar - Great Establishment

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Apr 21, 2005

Billy's Oyster Bar has been around a LONG time. They serve great seafood and beer with a focus on Oysters. If you want oysters, this place is worth checking out. They've been doing it so long that they must be doing it right.

Favorite Dish: While oysters are their speciality, I thought the boiled shrimp was the best. I'm not a huge oyster fan but friends who are go to Billy's.

The Cold Beer ain't too bad either! :)

• School Holidays

Pineapple Willie's: Pineapple Willie's - Best Ribs on the Beach

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Mar 29, 2005

Pineapple Willie's is located right on the beach just off Thomas Drive. In addition to the restaurant, they have a pier that you can dine on when the weather is good. Inside they have a load of TV's which are usually tuned to a Race during Nascar season. Other times, it's the sport of the day.

Pineapple Willie's was featured in a Visa commercial so don't bring your American Express.

Favorite Dish: Ribs are their specialty. They slow cook them with a Jack Daniels Sauce and they literally fall off the bone when you pick them up. Served in a bucket that your kid can take to the beach and fill with sand while you are working off the ribs!

The Fried Shrimp is also pretty good.

Like many other Panama City Restaurants, they have a full bar and offer a variety of signature drinks.

• CindyInItaly's Profile Photo

ALL: Too many choices!

by CindyInItaly Written Oct 14, 2004

Sunset

With all of the restaurants on the beach, it'd be hard to find one you aren't satisfied with. Most are family run restaurants with a laid-back, Jimmy Buffet atmosphere. A great way to spend a sunset is having dinner on the restaurant deck overlooking the beach. Many places offer this. Driving along Thomas Drive or Front Beach Road will bring you to dozens of places right on the beach.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Saltwater Grill: Great Steaks and Seafood!

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Jul 23, 2004
    Fuzzy SIgn.

Saltwater Grill resides in what used to be the Panama City Brewing Company. They've converted the area for Brewing into a 25000 gallon aquarium. While I'm disappointed at the loss of the fresh beer, the aquarium is fantastic! Kids are mesmerized by it.

Check out their website for menus and photos of the place. They've done a great job with their site!

Favorite Dish: Saltwater has a wide variety of fresh fish, steaks and Carribean Lobster.

I think the Smoked Prime Rib is fantastic. Their fish is also great.

On the beer side, they are predominantly a Bud shop but the do sell Redhook which is a New England Micro tied to Bud. Saltwater offers a sampler where you can try a little of each.

• babybird's Profile Photo

The Sunset: Outstanding Seafood buffet

by babybird Written Jan 31, 2004

There is a bounty of great seafood and special treats at The Sunset. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing. Prices seem to vary a bit with the season, but it is a great dining experience. I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal.

Favorite Dish: All you can eat Seafood Buffet.

There is a bounty of great seafood and special treats at The Sunset. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing. . I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Thomas Donut & Snack shop: An Old Institution

by keeweechic Updated May 9, 2003

After a morning at the beach, the sea air was whetting the appetite just a little. Not far from where we had stopped we find this little diner. More in need of a drink than anything we ventured in.

I wish I had taken more notice on the background of this little diner as it had apparently been around for many many years. You could take away from outside or come inside to airconditioning and dine. I had my first coleslaw dog - a nice size for my appetite but I did steal a few chips (fries) as well which were good. Drinks were refilled free of charge.

A great place to come off the beach from as there was no formality on what you were wearing or the amount of sand you were trailing behind you.

• red_stone's Profile Photo

1. Sharkies and 2.Angelo's Steak Pit: Favorite Restaurants of mine

by red_stone Written May 3, 2003

For breakfast, I would get up and go to the Waffle Iron. Sharkies is a great place to eat. For supper, I would eat at Sharkies, unless it was the end of the week. At the end of the week, it was tradition to go eat at Angelo's Steak Pit--'Home of 'Big GUS' the 20,000 pound steer.'
    At Waffle Iron, the waitress's are great. Very friendly and the atmosphere among the customers are very busy. Sharkies is very nice. You can eat inside, or you can go outside and eat at a table under a hut-like roof. Outside you have a wonderful view of the ocean. If you go there at night, you will also have a live band. At Angelo's you have your normal family restaurant environment, and at times can be packed.

Favorite Dish: At Waffle Iron, I would get coffee, eggs, biscuit & gravy most of the time. At Sharkies, I don't know what the menu name was, but I always got the meal that had shark meat. And then at Angelo's, I would always get a big steak, salad, and sweet tea w/lemon.

• We ate at Captain Anderson's...

by tcc_dc Written Aug 26, 2002

We ate at Captain Anderson's Restaurants on the lagoon per a local's recommendation.
    It is a huge restaurant, that to me seemed like any other seafood restaurant that I have ever ate at while at the beach. Nothing special to it in my opinion, but it was the priciest during our five days there. $120 for two people.

Favorite Dish: They have an assortment of sea food. Normal fare.

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Pineapple Willy's: Pineapple Willy's

by cfwestbe Written Aug 25, 2002

Low to Moderate Price. Great Family restaurant! Located on the beach. You can even eat out on the covered deck and watch activities along the beach while you eat!

Favorite Dish: Seafood, Ribs, Salads, Sandwiches. I got the Seafood Bucket!!

• WOW SO MANY TO CHOSE FROM I'D...

by JDBS Written Aug 25, 2002

WOW SO MANY TO CHOSE FROM I'D BE SCARED TO SAY WHICH WAS BEST SO I'LL JUST NAME SOME. SHARKEY'S BOARS HEAD, MARINER, CAPT. ANDERSONS, MAKO'S ENJOY
    ALL UNIQUE EACH WITH THERE OWN WAY OF SHARING THE SEA AND PART OF FL.

Favorite Dish: ITS ALL GREA

• Allens seafood restaurant!...

by Beachbad Updated Aug 24, 2002

Allens seafood restaurant!
    Note: Allens burned to the ground about a week after my last visit but the family is rebuilding now and should re-open this summer (2000).
    Locals eat here (that should tell you something right off).
    Since it's off the beach the prices are lower. It offers first class fresh seafood in a family atmosphere with a lovely view of the bay.

Favorite Dish: She crab soup..decadent! Gulf fresh red snapper. Deviled crab. Fresh oysters, shucked while you watch. My mouth is watering.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

There's a plehora of...

by cobrioc Written Aug 24, 2002

There's a plehora of restaurant from which to choose.
    The grouper at The Lighthouse Restaurant was the best fish I ever had in my life.The same is true for the prime rib at the Boar's Head Restaurant and Tavern.
    Big tip: split the king size with your spouse.
    You'll save money and still not able to eat another bite when you finish.

• amyj79indpls's Profile Photo

Hammerhead Fred's: The best seafood that I have ever eaten

by amyj79indpls Written Sep 24, 2008
    Outside of Restaurant

Do not pass up Hammerhead Fred's...it is the best most fresh seafood that I've had yet.

Favorite Dish: Monterey Grouper

• Diving and Snorkeling

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Angelo's Steak Pit: Angelo's Steak Pit

by cfwestbe Written Aug 25, 2002

Moderate to Expensive. Expect to wait a while, unless you come very early.

Favorite Dish: We have had the T-Bone, the Filet Mignon, the Barbecue Ribs, and the Sirloin. All were good!

Instant Answers: Panama City Beach

Comments

Panama City Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panama City Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panama City Beach sightseeing.

View all Panama City Beach hotels