Panama City Beach Restaurants

guy harvey island grill
    by doug48
    back porch seafood & oyster house
    by doug48
    Restaurant from the car
    by grandmaR

Best Rated Restaurants in Panama City Beach

Saltwater Grill: Reef Tank and Lobsters

by grandmaR Written Jan 19, 2008

Lobster tank

We went to the Salt Water Grill for dinner. The attraction was that they served lobster seven ways, but it was too expensive for us.

Hours:
    Happy Hour ~ Everyday from 3pm ‘til 6pm Offering $4 martinis, ½ off well drinks, $1 off house wine and $2 domestic draft beer.

Early Bird Dinner Hours ~
    Everyday from 4:00pm ‘til 5:30pm
    Must be seated by 5:30pm.

Dinner Hours ~
    Sunday thru Thursday~ 4:00pm 'til 10pm
    Friday and Saturday~ 4:00pm 'til 11pm

The big attraction here was an enormous salt water tank in the center of the restaurant. It had what I presumed was fake coral that was very pretty. But there were only tiny fish in there. Our server said that they were restocking the tank and the little fish were put in first so that they would find there way around the tank before the big fish were put in. He said that they had a diver clean the inside of the tank once a month, and it was an event which all the local parents would bring their children to watch. Of course, they also had lobster tanks for you to pick your own lobsters.

Favorite Dish: They had an early bird menu from 4 to 5:30, and we got there at 2 minutes after 5:30, but she said we could do the Early Bird anyway. I did the roast chicken with blue crab stuffing from the early bird for $12.99. It came with a salad and a potato. Bob had the 2 "Maryland" crab cakes appetizer for $8.99 and a cup of lobster bisque ($5.50).

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Mike's Cafe & Oyster Bar: Great Home Cooking; Friendly Staff

by Basaic Updated Jan 11, 2014

Mike's Cafe & Oyster Bar

Mike's has a menu of southern style home cooking (like homemade meatloaf with greens and black eyed peas) along with fresh seafood. I had breakfast there with one of my cousins and tried their seafood omelet. It was excellent with fish, shrimp and scallops with Swiss cheese and a hollandaise sauce. My cousin is a regular here and was greeted with smiles and inquiries about family. I definitely recommend this place. Beer and wine served too.

Favorite Dish: The seafood omelet was exceptional.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• criss1956's Profile Photo

Antonio's bakery: A little bit of Europe in PCB

by criss1956 Written Jan 30, 2008

You walk in and it's like walking into a bakery in Europe.
    The sweets are works of art. They aren't just sweet, sugary pretties. They have favor, other than just sweet.

Have a cup of coffee and a piece of cake and enjoy the view of the Gulf.

Favorite Dish: Everything

• Margaritaville: Great food and Great atmosphere

by nickLB97 Written Oct 26, 2010

This is a great experience, good food with fair prices and a really cool atmosphere if you're into Jimmy Buffet. They have performers walking around on stilts making balloon animals for the kids. Just a good time all around.

• rodsdoll97's Profile Photo

Angelo's Steak Pit: You Gotta Try It!

by rodsdoll97 Updated May 18, 2008

Home of Big Gus, the 20,000 lb steer!

This is such a fun place to eat while in PCB! The food is great, and so is the service! Must try!!! Plus, last time I visited, they were raising money (had a bucket for change) for Autism! Since I have a child on the spectrum, I was very impressed!

Favorite Dish: Salad, Steak & Good ol' fashioned baked potato!

• Disabilities

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Billy's Oyster Bar: Billy's Oyster Bar - Great Establishment

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Apr 21, 2005

Billy's Oyster Bar has been around a LONG time. They serve great seafood and beer with a focus on Oysters. If you want oysters, this place is worth checking out. They've been doing it so long that they must be doing it right.

Favorite Dish: While oysters are their speciality, I thought the boiled shrimp was the best. I'm not a huge oyster fan but friends who are go to Billy's.

The Cold Beer ain't too bad either! :)

• School Holidays

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Pineapple Willie's: Pineapple Willie's - Best Ribs on the Beach

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Mar 29, 2005

Pineapple Willie's is located right on the beach just off Thomas Drive. In addition to the restaurant, they have a pier that you can dine on when the weather is good. Inside they have a load of TV's which are usually tuned to a Race during Nascar season. Other times, it's the sport of the day.

Pineapple Willie's was featured in a Visa commercial so don't bring your American Express.

Favorite Dish: Ribs are their specialty. They slow cook them with a Jack Daniels Sauce and they literally fall off the bone when you pick them up. Served in a bucket that your kid can take to the beach and fill with sand while you are working off the ribs!

The Fried Shrimp is also pretty good.

Like many other Panama City Restaurants, they have a full bar and offer a variety of signature drinks.

• babybird's Profile Photo

The Sunset: Outstanding Seafood buffet

by babybird Written Jan 31, 2004

There is a bounty of great seafood and special treats at The Sunset. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing. Prices seem to vary a bit with the season, but it is a great dining experience. I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal.

Favorite Dish: All you can eat Seafood Buffet.

There is a bounty of great seafood and special treats at The Sunset. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing. . I've eaten there many times and never had a bad meal.

• We ate at Captain Anderson's...

by tcc_dc Written Aug 26, 2002

We ate at Captain Anderson's Restaurants on the lagoon per a local's recommendation.
    It is a huge restaurant, that to me seemed like any other seafood restaurant that I have ever ate at while at the beach. Nothing special to it in my opinion, but it was the priciest during our five days there. $120 for two people.

Favorite Dish: They have an assortment of sea food. Normal fare.

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Thomas Donut & Snack shop: An Old Institution

by keeweechic Updated May 9, 2003

After a morning at the beach, the sea air was whetting the appetite just a little. Not far from where we had stopped we find this little diner. More in need of a drink than anything we ventured in.

I wish I had taken more notice on the background of this little diner as it had apparently been around for many many years. You could take away from outside or come inside to airconditioning and dine. I had my first coleslaw dog - a nice size for my appetite but I did steal a few chips (fries) as well which were good. Drinks were refilled free of charge.

A great place to come off the beach from as there was no formality on what you were wearing or the amount of sand you were trailing behind you.

Dirty Dick's Crab House: Dick's Crabs

by grandmaR Written Jan 19, 2008

Restaurant from the parking lot

For dinner we went to Dirty Dick's Crab House. This was (as you might expect) a seafood place with red and white check oilcloth on the tables.

They have other restaurants in other locations such as a restaurant in Kill Devil Hills (ByPass at Mile Post 9.5) or south in Avon (Avon Pier area) or Virginia Beach location at Rudee Inlet.

Favorite Dish: We both had the Snow Crab special which came with 8 legs, and boiled potatoes and a small piece of corn on the cob. Sort of like a New England clambake, except with snow crab instead of lobster and clams.

Then I asked for a dessert. I can't remember what I asked for, but Bob asked for pecan pie. All there was was a King Cake (like they have in New Orleans at Mardi Gras), and a brownie sundae. Bob had the brownie sundae, and I took the King Cake, which was stale.

• mdpate's Profile Photo

Pineapple Willy's: Po Boys are Great!!

by mdpate Written Aug 17, 2011

Super View on the beach, covered pier area is where we ate and the food was great. Sarah got the Grouper Po Boy (12.59) and I got the Shimp Po Boy (11.59) both were awesome and were packed with meat! We got french fries with them and they were really good too. I decided to try the Pineapple Willy's drink (alcoholic) that came with a neat cup, and it was very refreshing especially if you like pineapple and coconut.

Favorite Dish: Shrimp Po Boy and Grouper Po Boy, perfectly cooked and packed in a foot long bun served with crispy french fries for a delicious all around meal! Id eat it again any day!

• Singles

Tony Roma's Restaurant: Closed

by grandmaR Updated Jul 24, 2011

Sign out front

Tony Roma's is a chain that does ribs, seafood and steaks. We were a bit tired of seafood, so we went here.

Unfortunately, all the Tony Roma's in the Panama City Florida area are closed. The only ones remaining in FLorida are around Miami or on the east coast

Favorite Dish: Bob got a rack of ribs and I got the 'naughty' special which had ribs and steak. I only ate the ribs and brought the steak home for lunch. $40 before tip

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Hamilton's: Hamilton's - Destroyed by Hurricane in 2004

by cfwestbe Updated Aug 15, 2005

Hamilton's - Before the Roof was destroyed

This was our favorite restaurant in Panama City Beach. Unfortunately, one of the late season Hurricanes in 2004 destroyed the roof and repairs have not been completed. Hamilton's has been closed all summer of 2005. We are so sad :(

Favorite Dish: Everything we have tried was good. We get the Seafood Platter!! Lots of food!

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Pineapple Willy's: Pineapple Willy's

by cfwestbe Written Aug 25, 2002

Low to Moderate Price. Great Family restaurant! Located on the beach. You can even eat out on the covered deck and watch activities along the beach while you eat!

Favorite Dish: Seafood, Ribs, Salads, Sandwiches. I got the Seafood Bucket!!

Instant Answers: Panama City Beach

Comments

Panama City Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panama City Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panama City Beach sightseeing.

View all Panama City Beach hotels