Panama City Beach Restaurants

guy harvey island grill
    by doug48
    back porch seafood & oyster house
    by doug48
    Restaurant from the car
    by grandmaR

Best Rated Restaurants in Panama City Beach

• WOW SO MANY TO CHOSE FROM I'D...

by JDBS Written Aug 25, 2002

WOW SO MANY TO CHOSE FROM I'D BE SCARED TO SAY WHICH WAS BEST SO I'LL JUST NAME SOME. SHARKEY'S BOARS HEAD, MARINER, CAPT. ANDERSONS, MAKO'S ENJOY
    ALL UNIQUE EACH WITH THERE OWN WAY OF SHARING THE SEA AND PART OF FL.

Favorite Dish: ITS ALL GREA

• Allens seafood restaurant!...

by Beachbad Updated Aug 24, 2002

Allens seafood restaurant!
    Note: Allens burned to the ground about a week after my last visit but the family is rebuilding now and should re-open this summer (2000).
    Locals eat here (that should tell you something right off).
    Since it's off the beach the prices are lower. It offers first class fresh seafood in a family atmosphere with a lovely view of the bay.

Favorite Dish: She crab soup..decadent! Gulf fresh red snapper. Deviled crab. Fresh oysters, shucked while you watch. My mouth is watering.

• cobrioc's Profile Photo

There's a plehora of...

by cobrioc Written Aug 24, 2002

There's a plehora of restaurant from which to choose.
    The grouper at The Lighthouse Restaurant was the best fish I ever had in my life.The same is true for the prime rib at the Boar's Head Restaurant and Tavern.
    Big tip: split the king size with your spouse.
    You'll save money and still not able to eat another bite when you finish.

• Thai Chef Restaurant: Best Thai food on this side of the orient!

by maximothrottle Written Dec 9, 2010

I was impressed right off the bat. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by the staff with a smile. As I looked around the place it had warm atmosphere with soft music. I placed my order as soon as possible with an appetizer of Thai Dumplings to start off with, they were excellent. I then placed an order for some Crispy Duck. Wow! The duck was cooked to perfection. My Thai tea was sweet and tasteful, but I just couldn’t get enough of the Crispy Duck. Over all they get an A+ from me. It’s a great place for a night out on the town.

Favorite Dish: Duck! Deep fried full boneless roasted duck topped with garlic chili sauce, and surrounded by crispy greens. Do I need to say more?

• Thai Chef Restaurant: Best Thai food on this side of the orient!

by maximothrottle Written Dec 9, 2010

Favorite Dish: The Duck!Deep fried full boneless roasted duck topped with garlic chili sauce, and surrounded by crispy greens. Do I need to say more?

• mdpate's Profile Photo

J Michaels Restaurant: Great Fried Sea Food and MORE!!!

by mdpate Written Aug 14, 2011

We wanted some good ole fried sea food and we got it!! Sarah got the "Fried Shrimp Basket" (14.95) and wow it was amazing, perfectly fried not too much and I ordered the "Fried Oyster Basket" (14.95) which was also great, both came with french fries which were perfect too. Before the meal we ordered a bowl of the "Red Beans and Rice" (5.95) recommended by my brother and it is worth it for sure. Prices we thought were a little high, like $2 less for everything would have been just right in my opinion, otherwise very good food. Price for bowl of red beans and rice, 2 entrees and 2 draft bud lights was $43.01 before tip. Id give it an 9 out of 10. Located on an inlet, good atmosphere, fun family oriented.

Favorite Dish: Fried Shimp was AWESOME!!! So was the fried oysters and red bean and rice but the shimp was the best for sure!!

• mdpate's Profile Photo

Schooners: Good Food -- Mediocre Service -- Great View!!

by mdpate Written Aug 15, 2011

Sarah ordered the Grouper Basket which was a special for ($9.95) and it was great, and the french fries were perfectly crispy. I ordered the Soft-Shell Crab BLT ($12), which I had never eaten anywhere before, and I definitely wasn't a fan. It was just a thin fried object and had no taste, I was lucky it came on good bread and had the BLT with it. I forced it down so I wouldn't be hungry anymore. Other than that it has a great atmosphere right on the beach with a view and plenty of people there when the doors opened. Our server was a bubbly young girl that kept her sun glasses on the whole time, and stayed away from our table it seemed like for an eternity chatting with other employees. Overall the lunch prices were decent, and Sarah's food was great. Id say the the food, prices and scenery is great, but don't hold your breath on the service.

Favorite Dish: Fried Grouper basket with fries!! Perfectly fried, with tasty tartar sauce and the french fries were perfectly crispy and tasty.

• SHANE'S RIB SHACK: Great food and very friendly staff

by chiefappraiser Written Sep 18, 2011

The restaurant was very clean as soon as we walked in . The staff was very friendly and greeted us imediately. We did not have to worry about a waiter forgetting us as we ordered at the counter and they brought us our food. Food was delicious . We had the ribs and chicken tenders. Willl be back many times.

Favorite Dish: Ribs are delicious. Chicken tenders are good in hot sauce.

• Beaches

• Reggae J's Island Grill At Pier Park: Worst beach meal I've ever had

by rekooka99 Written Jul 6, 2008

Worst beach meal I've ever had and I only live 2 hours away, so i come frequently. It started when we were told we'd be seated in 30-45 minutes. An hour and a half later and after drinking a water-downed margarita with a splash of liquor my two young kids were about to nibble the fingers right off my hands they were so hungry. We were seated outdoors and the weather was quite pleasant. After about 10 minutes, our waiter, Adam T, sauntered up and clumsily took our orders. About 30 minutes later, the food arrived with 3 of the 4 orders wrong. My wife ordered the "grouper stuffed with shrimp and crab" but we had a hard time finding much of anything inside the poor tasteless fish. I asked Adam if the scallop salad was good and his response was "that lady over there just ordered it and said she likes it." The "lady over there" was either blind or had no taste buds or both. The salad basically consisted of bagged iceburg lettuce with about 10 medium sized cold, rubbery, tasteless scallops. The "caribbean fruit" garnishing was a plop of slimy pineapple, mushy, mealy banana and a slurry of sticky mango. The "Caribbean white cheese" was actualy pretty good but I only got 2 small slivers. I failed to mention that the salad came out with a pot of dressing doused over it, so my family had completed about 3/4 of their meal before the correct order came out ("dressing on the side, please). The server saw that things were not going well about 1/2 the way through th meal and began blame shifting saying "if those cooks in the back would just get their act together!" By the end of the meal, I was fuming, I paid the bill, grudgingly tipped the server the expected 15% and then confronted the general manager, Shane. He was polite but defended his restaurant as "fresh and progressive" My recommendation to everyone is to stay away from this joke of a seafood restaurant.

Favorite Dish: My kids chicken strips were good, but I could have gone to Popeyes for a whole lot less money.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Sweet Basil's: A taste of Italy

by HotRodEtte Written Jul 6, 2005

Although I don't remember exactly what was on the menu since this was 10 years ago, I do remember this being a nice splurge away from the spring break monotony. This was an excellent Italina restaurant right across from our hotel, pricey for college students but worth it for those of us in the working class.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Salty's Beachside Restaurant: RIP - Salty's Drinks and Lunch on the beach!

by MatthewMetcalfe Updated Aug 20, 2005

Sadly, Salty's has gone away. On a recent trip in 2005 it was boarded up. If you've ever had a good time at Salty's give them a thumbs up for posterity!

Salty's is a Beachside Restaurant on Front Beach in Panama City. They offer a variety of drinks and quick food. The great thing about Salty's is that it's right on the beach and close to the action.

Salty's in nothing Fancy. It's casual dining in a relaxed atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Boiled Shrimp and an Ice cold beer are the best. They also have a great Grouper Sandwich.

If you are with a group get a Melon Drink. Salty's will hollow out a watermelon and fill it with Liquor for you.

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Saltwater Grill: Great Steaks and Seafood!

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Jul 23, 2004

Saltwater Grill resides in what used to be the Panama City Brewing Company. They've converted the area for Brewing into a 25000 gallon aquarium. While I'm disappointed at the loss of the fresh beer, the aquarium is fantastic! Kids are mesmerized by it.

Check out their website for menus and photos of the place. They've done a great job with their site!

Favorite Dish: Saltwater has a wide variety of fresh fish, steaks and Carribean Lobster.

I think the Smoked Prime Rib is fantastic. Their fish is also great.

On the beer side, they are predominantly a Bud shop but the do sell Redhook which is a New England Micro tied to Bud. Saltwater offers a sampler where you can try a little of each.

Fuzzy SIgn.

• red_stone's Profile Photo

1. Sharkies and 2.Angelo's Steak Pit: Favorite Restaurants of mine

by red_stone Written May 3, 2003

For breakfast, I would get up and go to the Waffle Iron. Sharkies is a great place to eat. For supper, I would eat at Sharkies, unless it was the end of the week. At the end of the week, it was tradition to go eat at Angelo's Steak Pit--'Home of 'Big GUS' the 20,000 pound steer.'
    At Waffle Iron, the waitress's are great. Very friendly and the atmosphere among the customers are very busy. Sharkies is very nice. You can eat inside, or you can go outside and eat at a table under a hut-like roof. Outside you have a wonderful view of the ocean. If you go there at night, you will also have a live band. At Angelo's you have your normal family restaurant environment, and at times can be packed.

Favorite Dish: At Waffle Iron, I would get coffee, eggs, biscuit & gravy most of the time. At Sharkies, I don't know what the menu name was, but I always got the meal that had shark meat. And then at Angelo's, I would always get a big steak, salad, and sweet tea w/lemon.

• cfwestbe's Profile Photo

Angelo's Steak Pit: Angelo's Steak Pit

by cfwestbe Written Aug 25, 2002

Moderate to Expensive. Expect to wait a while, unless you come very early.

Favorite Dish: We have had the T-Bone, the Filet Mignon, the Barbecue Ribs, and the Sirloin. All were good!

• amyj79indpls's Profile Photo

Hammerhead Fred's: The best seafood that I have ever eaten

by amyj79indpls Written Sep 24, 2008

Do not pass up Hammerhead Fred's...it is the best most fresh seafood that I've had yet.

Favorite Dish: Monterey Grouper

Outside of Restaurant
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Panama City Beach

Comments

Panama City Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panama City Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panama City Beach sightseeing.

View all Panama City Beach hotels