Pensacola Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Pensacola

Dharma Blue: a Cafe: Dharma Blue: a Cafe

by TravellerMel Written Feb 5, 2014
    Dharma Blue - Exterior

Dharma Blue is an adorable cafe in what looks like was an old house. It is cozy and funky at the same time - even a little romantic, in a non-formal way. We were seated by the open fireplace, which was a welcome respite from the unusually cold weather outside. I noticed right away that there was an active sushi bar, but I was not in the mood for that. Instead, I ordered the fried green tomatoes with remoulade sauce, which were plentiful and very good - perfectly cooked so they were neither mushy nor too crispy. I also had a taste of my companions spring rolls in sweet chili sauce, which I might have preferred, if only slightly. For my entree, I had a special of the day, which was a roasted chicken thigh with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was very savory, and I enjoyed it very much. I was so full, I wasn't going to order a dessert, but got talked into the creme brulee - it was delicious, even if I could only eat half of it. I really liked Dharma Blue, as my friends knew I would - it is one of their favorite restaurants in Pensacola!

Landry's Seafood: Landry's Seafood

by TravellerMel Written Feb 5, 2014

Landry's is restaurant chain specializing in seafood and New Orleans cuisine. I came here with friends just before going to the airport to return home. It was early, so there was no lunch crowd, although it did start to pick up as we were leaving.

The service was a little lackluster, in that we had to flag down our waitress for drink refills, and she forgot to bring our requested crackers, but she was very apologetic - she may have been new. The food was quite good - I had the Shrimp Ponchartrain, which was very good and spiced just right. I also had the key lime pie for dessert - the slice was large enough to share, but I didn't... :-)

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Scenic 90 Cafe: Classic Diner with a 1950s feel

by yooperprof Updated Sep 8, 2012

I like old diners and this one definitely feels like a time machine that will transport you back to the days of President Eisenhower, the early days of Elvis - and that bizarre thing called "Sputnik".

Good solid reliable breakfast with efficient and pleasant table service.

• Flounders: "Fresh" Seafood

by FlyForFood Updated Sep 2, 2011

I chose the Yellow Fin Tuna off of the "Fresh Seafood" Menu and requested it blackened. I even asked the server ahead to verify that it was "fresh" and not "frozen". She verified that it was "fresh". I also ordered a beverage called "Diesel" which is priced at $7.99.

Once the dinner arrived, I was skeptical about the Tuna. It appeared to be very pale, like a frozen filet. As I ate my Tuna, I could instantly tell it was a frozen filet that one can commonly purchase at any given supermarket or even Walmart. It tasted watery and bland, although it was cooked properly (seared outside only), it was tough and chewy like any frozen Tuna. Unfortunately, I am a business traveler and do not have time to send meals back to the restaurant in front of colleagues/clients.

When the waitress returned, I explained my disappointment in the food I received. I asked her to let the Manager and Chef know that I believed the Tuna was not fresh.

When she returned, I was told that the "fish was frozen on the boat where it is caught to keep it fresh". Fresh fish is packed in ice, but not frozen on the fishing vessel. This restaurant is nothing more than an overpriced lower class tourist trap located in a very popular area.

As a business traveler, I eat out more than I like to. When I find something nice on the menu that does not consist of fatty meats or deep fried sides, I am usually quite pleased. However, this restaurant serves poor quality food at outrageous prices.

Last but not least, I was charged $8.95 for the Diesel beverage (plus tax). I recommend you read your menus and adjust your cash register accordingly, assuming this was an oversight.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Flounder's Chowder House: Funky, Fun, and Fresh!

by TravellerMel Updated Apr 4, 2011

The ambiance is great - open air, right on the beach. Lots of cool stuff to look at on the walls - boat props, stuffed sharks, boats, old signs. On Sunday, they had a musician singing Jimmy Buffett tunes, which was really nice. You can't beat the price either (see below). They have a full menu as well, but I was happy with the Sunday Brunch menu.

Favorite Dish: Came here for the Sunday Brunch - good call! I got the Six-Egg Seafood Omelette - you read that right - SIX eggs. Stuffed with fish, shrimp, cheese and mushrooms, it was delicious, even though I couldn't eat it all. It came with fruit, cheese grits (or home fries), and New Orleans beignets. I opted for the bottomless mimosa for an extra $6, bringing the grand total, with tax and tip, to a whopping $17. Can't wait to go back and try the Eggs Pensacola Beach, which is their rendition of Eggs Benedict - with seafood!

• lil_wings's Profile Photo

Copeland's: Live Jazz Brunch

by lil_wings Updated Apr 4, 2011

Copeland's is a small chain throughout the US, but finding one can be tough. The best part about the joint is the Sunday Bunch with Live Jazz. The food is great, huge portions, and incredible bloody mary's. The food itself is based on New Orleans cajun-style cooking.

The service can get slow on Sunday's, but it's worth the wait. They are usually pretty packed, and I don't think they took reservations on Sunday mornings.

The live jazz is great, and really sets the atmophere!

Favorite Dish: Crab Cakes Benedict with cheese grits and a cup of their really good coffee and fresh squeezed OJ.

• Brijb20's Profile Photo

McGuire's Irish Pub: A Cracker From Ireland

by Brijb20 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Front view

Not really sure where to put this. At home I'd consider this as nightlife as it's a pub. But I guess the Americans would call it a restaurant, maybe. Anyway I'll put it in both.
    We stumbled upon this Pub one afternoon while out exploring on foot. Ready for a drink we went in. The place was full with lots of people eating.
    What struck me straight away was, WOW what a great pub. And look at all that money pinned to the ceiling. Apparently there's over $250,000 there.
    We sat at the bar and had one of their own beers brewed on the premises. Wonderfull.
    There is a large menu from steak to seefood and traditional Irish dishes.
    In 1982 McGuire's moved to its current location, Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse.
    Not a place to miss.
    Oh and it's open at 11am 7 days a week

Favorite Dish: The beer

• Beer Tasting

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Mr. Manatees, A Casual Grille: CLOSED

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is the perfect place to just sit and relax while having a cold drink, a bowl of chowder, or some gumbo.

It overlooks the water. Sit outside and enjoy watching the boats.

You can dock your boat here while eating.

Since I wrote the original tip, hurricane Ivan hit Pensacola. The restaurant is now closed. It doesn't say why, but my guess is that it was wiped out during the storm as it sat right on the water.

Favorite Dish: I didn't eat here, only had something to drink and sat in the sun. It was very pleasant.

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo

Krispy Kreme Donuts: Yummmm

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Apr 4, 2011

This obviously isn't a restaurant, but if you haven't had a Krispi Kreme donut, you must stop here. The best time, of course, is when they take them right out of the oven.

Of course, if you are a low carb fanatic then you will just have to pass on this place.

Favorite Dish: Any donut in the place.

• palmas57's Profile Photo

Hooters On The Beach: The Best Wings On Pensacola Beach

by palmas57 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Hooters On The Beach

One of the prettiest places to have lunch or dinner sitting out on the deck. Of cousre there are the Hooter Girls too. We just love the food and the staff is always friendly.

Favorite Dish: We usely get the hot wings and order a lot of celery with Ranch Dressing to cool things down. If we want to relax we may order Corona's but most of the time after being on the beach all day we prefer a large tea or diet coke.

• Shorebird's Profile Photo

Mr. Manatee's: Mr. Manatee's

by Shorebird Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mr. Manatee's

Everything is very good and served with a "Parrothead" attitude. It is the most enjoyable experience imaginable to have wonderful food served while listening to Jimmy Buffett over the sound system.
    There is a wonderful outdoor dining experience on the waterfront deck out back. Not to be missed.

Favorite Dish: Cob salad and any of the fish sandwiches. The spinach dip appitizer is also a must. Beer's cold too.

McGuire's Irish Pub: Irish Pub - Good Food & Live Music

by TravellerMel Updated Feb 25, 2011

Welcome to McGuire's Irish Pub!

Ambiance of an Irish pub - the decor is interesting, and the wait staff is stellar. I had the fish & chips for $15 - very satisfying and tasty (use the malt vinegar - yummy!). My friend had a pasta dish that she enjoyed very much. We caught the tail end of Happy Hour, so the 2-for-1 margaritas may not have been very Celtic, but they were GOOD!

After dinner, we went to the bar to order another round and to listen to the live Irish music. We sang along to Danny Boy and the Irish Rover, applauded the kilted gentleman playing the bagpipes, and added our dollar to the collection above the bar. It was a great, fun night!

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed my fish and chips and would get it again - the fish was not greasy, but was nice and flaky.

NOTE: They have a $100 hamburger on the menu. Our waitress said she has sold 3-4 in the 4 years she has worked there, and insisted that it was a great deal, since the bottle of champagne by itself was $150. I'm more of a $3 beer (or 2-for-1 margarita) kinda girl, so I took her word for it, but ordered the fish and chips instead...

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

McGuire's Irish Pub: I Do Wish There Were Other Places Like It

by bocmaxima Written Dec 6, 2010

This may be one of the most perfect restaurants I've ever been to, at least from my own preferences. There's definitely a reason why this place is nearly always packed in spite of its sprawling facility.
    First, they brew their own beer and do not have any other beers on tap. The thing is, their beer is very, very good. They have one of the best dry Irish stouts I've ever had from a microbrewery.
    Second, the atmosphere is just fun. There's lots of goofy stuff on the walls, a tremendous collection of dollar bills pinned to the ceiling and walls, strange rituals and noises going on, and some happy Irish music overhead.
    Third, the service is great. This is something they focus on here, and it shows. Even if the food here was terrible (which it's not, as I'm getting to), I would come back just for the service.
    And, lastly, the food is very good, if not fantastic. The day we went (for lunch), the special was two pieces of fried chicken, greens, mashed potatoes and gravy and two cornbread muffins. This was $6.95. We also each had bowls of the three bean soup which, as a gag, is priced at $0.18 (you have to buy something else to get it).
    The only downside to this place is how incredibly crowded it gets. I had tried to come here before when in Pensacola and it was a zoo, so this was my first experience here. Hopefully, I'll get to come back eventually though.

Favorite Dish: The daily special. You won't find that quality of food for that cheap in many places.

• Will Call Sports Grille: Much more than expected!

by RepHerman Written Dec 1, 2009

I had heard mixed reviews of the food at Will Call, but when my family and I went we were pleasantly surprised. New menu with plenty of options for all our tastes. Portion sizes were good for the price (we didn't leave hungry).

Favorite Dish: The server recommended the crab wontons as a app...yummy. I had a Cuban Sandwich, the pork was fresh and moist. My wife had a Stella Salad...tooo much food for one lady to eat.

• Motorcycle

• doug48's Profile Photo

hemingway's island grill: on the bay

by doug48 Updated Apr 12, 2009

hemingway's island grill

hemingway's island grill is a very good american and seafood restaurant in pensacola beach. the restaurant has an interesting decor with a very nice view of the bay. in my opinion the best restaurant in pensacola beach.

Instant Answers: Pensacola

Comments

Pensacola Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pensacola restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pensacola sightseeing.