Pensacola Restaurants

• Travel2write's Profile Photo

Siam Thai Cusine: Great Thai Food

by Travel2write Updated Oct 16, 2007
    Siam Thai

If your into authentic Thai food, a great bite is this all you can eat buffet. Nothing fancy, however for the price of 8.95 for dinner or 7.95 for lunch you get a great selection of thai dishes, sushi and soups.

Favorite Dish: Loved the fresh vegetable "lumpia" spring rolls and the crab cakes!

• Business Travel
    • Singles

• The Fish House The Atlas Oyster House: The best food & view restaurant in Pensacola!

by Michelleleland Written Mar 6, 2007

This is the best place to eat in Pensacola. Beautiful location, right on the bay. The Fish House is a little more upscale with beautiful aquariums, live entertainment on the weekends and a great outdoor bar. The Atlas the more casual restaurant right next door to the Fish House has this deal on Monday and Tuesday nights that has .25 cent oysters on the half shell and two dollar drafts! You can't get that deal anywhere else in town. You have to try the world famous grits a ya ya and finish with homemade key lime pie. Do not miss this place. You will love it!

Favorite Dish: The Grits a ya ya is this dish with local stone ground slow cooked grits, bacon, porto bello mushrooms, spinach, garlic and smoked gouda cheese. Man alive! It is crackalackin!

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

McGuire's Irish Pub: "Feasting, Imbibery, & Debauchery"

by BigBlueOne Written Jan 23, 2007

Let's start with the ambience... a good ole Irish pub with more than $500k in $1 bills stuck to the roof is a fun combination for watching drunks try to find ways to pay for their next drink.

The food is excellent with very good steaks and some appetizers I'd never seen before.

Make sure to use the restroom before you've had a few too many drinks (this will be the best tip you ever receive once you know what I'm talking about).

Favorite Dish: The steaks were great but the ruben egg roll was the best because of how unique it was.

• Beer Tasting

• BigBlueOne's Profile Photo

Skopelos on the Bay: Most Knowledgeable Waiter Ever

by BigBlueOne Written Jan 22, 2007

We ended up going here because we were assured it would be a decent place where we all could talk (we were at a conference). The food was very good, the wine list was good, but above all the waiter that we had (sorry, can't remember the name- again, the wine list was good) knew everything about every single dish we ordered and every bottle of wine that we drank (probably a total of about 20 dishes and 8 different bottles of wine).

Ambience, however, was a little interesting. Not bad, just interesting. To the tune of a life-size fake white tree, complete with Christmas lights, taking up the middle of the room.

All in all, still definitely recommend.

Favorite Dish: I had the grouper pecan and it was excellent. Cooked just right with just the right amount of pecans.

The Fish House: My Favorite Restuarant In Pensacola

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Sep 30, 2006

This is a really nice, slightly more formal restaurant than I would imagine the seafood restaurants at the beach would be. It is right on the bay near Seville Square.

The food is excellent. On both occasions that I went there, I had fish of the day encrusted in pecans and I thought it was delicious.

I got the impression that this restaurant was popular with the locals rather than the people who go to Pensacola for the beach.

The waitstaff is very pleasant and the atmosphere is very relaxing.

I am afraid I don't remember the price range.

The Fish House may have suffered some damage from hurricane Ivan, so call before going. I believe the Atlas Oyster House which is owned by the same restaurant group and is right next door is opened.

Favorite Dish: Fish of the day encrusted in pecans.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Barnhills: Good Buffet

by grandmaR Written Mar 23, 2006

For dinner, we drove out along Navy Blvd and I saw a billboard for Barnhills, which I wanted to try. Oops - there were three places where the right hand lane had to turn right and we were shunted off Navy Blvd at least once. Then I saw a Barnhills sign near the road, but it looked like there wasn't anything there - that it was a construction zone. We drove farther out and didn't find anything so we turned around and came back. This time, I saw the restaurant, which was mostly covered with scaffolding.

Favorite Dish: Barnhills is a buffet All-You-Can-Eat place which is economically feasible for us. Senior (over 60) dinners are $7.29 @, so even with drinks it was less than $19 for the two of us to eat. There are no big beef entrees here. There are various kinds of salad (Caesars, tossed salad with add-ons like olives, chopped hardboiled eggs, grated cheese, and tomatoes, seafood salad, pasta salad, carrot and raisin salad, apple/raisin/marshmallow/coconut salad -which I really liked), biscuits, rolls, fried chicken, chicken fingers, chicken livers (which Bob couldn't find) green beans, collards, fried okra, fish, pork chops, ham, mac and cheese, and a whole bunch of jello, pudding, soft ice cream, cakes and pies for dessert

• Seniors

• Travel2write's Profile Photo

Po Folks Restaurant: Large and Cheap

by Travel2write Written Aug 4, 2005

It didn't click with me at first. But this theme restraunt will bring your drinks in these large Mason Jars! That's because it's to Poor IE
    "PO Folks". Funning place to eat, hometown dinner feel.

Favorite Dish: Fried chicken, mashed Patatoes, corn, and the Iced tea!

• shysta38's Profile Photo

McGuire's Irish Pub: Eating here is a must!

by shysta38 Written Apr 18, 2005

I was with a friend driving from Orlando, Florida to Austin, Texas when we stopped here. It was a little bit out of the way, but the minor side trip was well worth it.
    McGuire's is one of my favorite restaurants, and this is without a doubt a great restaurant. Some have rated McGuire's as one of the best steakhouses in America.
    They even brew their own beer here.

Favorite Dish: The Steakburger. There are dozens of different kinds of burgers here, the burgers are massive, and you can get just about anything on yours, even peanut butter.
    I haven't tried any of the steaks here, but I'd imagine they are delicious.

Tre Fratelli: Authentic Italian Cucina

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Mar 20, 2005

They prepare authentic Italian Italian not Italian American food at this ristorante. The owner is from Sicily. It is a charming little restuarant on Seville Square with just a few tables. The food is very good and the waitstaff (the owner's son, when I was there) was very nice and efficient.

See the website below for a photo. It is not the restaurant's website. I couldn't find one for them.

I haven't been there in two years so prices may not be as stated below. It's not terrifically expensive.

• Women's Travel

The Daily Grind: Good Coffee, Great Deserts, and Lunch Too

by ForestqueenNYC Updated Mar 18, 2005

This is on the main street in the downtown area, which was quite isolated when I went there. The coffee shop is very clean and the food is simple, but good, especially the cakes. Southern style cakes are my favorite and that is what they had there the day I went.

Favorite Dish: Coconut cake. This is one of my favorites and they make it the way I like it without the lemon filling. Coffee, of course.

• Women's Travel

• steverubble's Profile Photo

Mesquite Charlies: Calling all carnivores!

by steverubble Written Nov 5, 2004

Sometimes you need a piece of BEEF, this is the place, good value for the money, so far I have never had a bad dining experience. Try the large beer, you practically need a diving board.

Favorite Dish: Trail boss steak, and a large beer, (see above).

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Flounders Chowder House: Eat, Drink, and FLOUNDER!

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Aug 15, 2004
    You can Fuel some of the people some of the time..

Flounders is a beach bar and grill on Pensacola Beach. They've been around for years and they never seem to lose their appeal.

Flounders sports an assortment of nautical and beach memorabilia. They have everything from a display of outboard motors to sailfish and an actual Cuban Raft.

They also have their own Beach to hand out on. There's a large playground for the kids as well.

Favorite Dish: The signature Drink is called Diesel Fuel. Served in a dirty mason jar that you can take with you. Bring it back on Refuel Night for discount refills.

The Shrimp both boiled and fried are excellent. The keylime pie is a triple decker behemoth!

It's all good!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

McGuires Irish Pub: A Touch of the Irish

by keeweechic Updated Feb 16, 2004

McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 in a small shopping centre in Pensacola. McGuire cooked and tended bar and Molly waited tables and greeted customers. In 1982 McGuire’s moved to its new location where it is now. It was really a little early for dinner when we came through Pensacola but I had read up on this place and wanted to try it so we decided to have an early dinner. The atmosphere is truly unique with theme-oriented rooms like the Pipers Den, Notre Dame Room, The Irish Links Room or the Ruprecht O'Tolf Wine Cellar. I think we were in the latter. It is deceiving how big it really is and the staff are really great.

They also brew their own beer (Ale’s, Porters and Stouts) on the property. Their wine selection is very good as well and they are said to have one of the largest Restaurant display wine cellars in the world with even a bottle of 1905 Mouton-Rothschild Bordeaux.

Favorite Dish: There is all the traditional Irish fare like Shepherd's Pie, Rosemary Scented Irish Lamb Stew, Irish Steak and Mushroom Pie as well as a 3/4 lb. gourmet steak burger. Their seafood comes from all over the world. The steaks are Certified Angus Corn-fed beef, never frozen and hand cut daily. They are said to be famous for serving the best steaks, seafood, burgers and Irish fare this side of Boston.

• spartan's Profile Photo

McGuire's Irish Pub & Brewery: "Cead Mile Failte"

by spartan Updated May 14, 2003

An American version of an Irish Saloon, there are dollar bills hanging all over the place and the food is fantastic. At night, they have Irish music playing and if you are lucky, you'll get to "Kiss the Moose."

Favorite Dish: Bean Soup and sandwiches. The menu is pretty large, so I'm sure that you'll find something that you'll like. Also, the beer is cold, large and great tasting.

• Beer Tasting

• palmas57's Profile Photo

Crabs: New Restaurant On The Beach

by palmas57 Written Mar 12, 2003

Crabs

Beautiful Surroundings, outside seating.

Favorite Dish: This is a new Restaurant and we have not been able to try it so far. This has been several different names in the past, however the food has always been great. I feel sure that this will become another favorite for us.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Pensacola

Comments

Pensacola Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Pensacola restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pensacola sightseeing.