Pensacola Beach Favorites

1959 Water tower or Information Center?
    Beach ball water tower
    by grandmaR
    Another view of the water tower

Most Recent Favorites in Pensacola Beach

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

The Beach Ball of the Beach

by grandmaR Updated Aug 19, 2006

Beach ball water tower

Favorite thing: When we visited Pensacola Beach in 1959, the welcome center was in a dome structure which said "Pensacola Beach" on the side (4th photo). Now it is in a small aqua building (last photo). Instead of a dome there are blue water tanks wth dolphins painted on the side (third photo).

Fondest memory: The sign for Pensacola Beach is the water tower with the bulb painted like a beach ball (first and second pictures). Water tower art is very prevalent in this area of the country.

The March 10, 2005 edition of Gulf Breeze News reported that the members of the Santa Rosa Island Authority voted to keep the landmark water tower on Casino Beach even though it is not being used for water any longer. The article said:

Board member Jimmie Perkins recalls seeing the water tower when he and his family came to Pensacola Beach.

“When we would see it, we knew we were on Pensacola Beach. To take it down is unthinkable.”

McGuire Martin lamented the 12 parking spaces the structure occupies, but the panel agreed to keep the water tower as a symbol of Pensacola Beach.

Maintenance on the structure will run approximately $13,000-$14,000 per year and the SRIA will have responsibility for repainting it as needed. The other tower on the east end of the beach will be removed

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

Sleeping Beauty

by RoyJava Updated Jul 17, 2005

bedroom-seaside-villa

Favorite thing: The refreshments in the refrigerator are compliments of Seaside. Please, leave the basket for the next guest ...

What a great "welcome", included the Seaside Company who had provided an initial supply of soap and paper products for our convenience.

Fondest memory: The Green Bedroom housed Idyll-By-The-Sea. Sounds amazing huh?

Sleeping in the Green Bedroom all alone (the models slept upstairs) I created my own private studio to welcome the models very early in the morning (we started to shoot at about 08.00 o'clock). Even the Indonesian gamelan sound (authentic Javanese music) got obtained to welcome ... and I'll never forget all of these Sleeping Beauty treatments ...

• Luxury Travel

• RoyJava's Profile Photo

Snowy White Beach - Spotlessly Clean Ocean

by RoyJava Updated Aug 21, 2004

oceanbeach-seaside-florida

Favorite thing: H.R.H. The Prince of Wales recited: "... I believe that the lessons they're working out at Seaside have very serious applications, both in rural areas and in our cities."

I submit to this recital, even the result has worked out at over-perfection. Next to my study and making researches into Javanese sea-myths I must agree perfection still can be perfected by working out unflagging diligence into new ideas. Over and over again ...

Fondest memory: In the heat of the night I went for a beach walk. Together with a beautifull lady, member of our German fashion crew. We got stunned by the night view over the ocean. I never have seen such a beautifull snow-white coral beach. Totally contrariety to the pitch black beach of Ende, Flores. At the other side of Earth ... and still the same salty ocean-water.
    thanks seaside florida

Ende Black Beaches

• Hiking and Walking

• pensacola white beach

by novw Updated Aug 29, 2003

white beach

Favorite thing: This must be the whitest beach I have ever seen in my life ! Beautiful and sun all day because of its southern orientation.

Well worth the trip if you are into sunshine !

Instant Answers: Pensacola Beach

Comments

Pensacola Beach Favorites

Reviews and photos of Pensacola Beach favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pensacola Beach sightseeing.

View all Pensacola Beach hotels