Plantation Travel Guide

Plantation Hotels

Plantation Restaurants

My Baby enjoying her breakfast 4 more images

by cjg1 Updated Oct 27, 2009

Liz and I are big fans of IHOP and it is almost tradition that we have an IHOP breakfast prior to boarding a cruise ship. On this day (Liz's birthday) she wanted her birthday breakfast at IHOP. So I googled this Ihop and away we drove. The IHOP was located in a small strip mall about five minutes from our hotel. We were seated immediately at a large booth by the window and handed menus.

Our waitress Nicle brought us our unsweetened iced teas and took our order. Liz was sad that they no longer carried her favorite Cinnamon Bun French Toast but ordered the regular French Toast instead with bacon and hash browns. I ordered the MVP Scramble. Our food arrived hot and fast and were were quite happy with our meal. Nicole was a great waitress and kept our glasses full of iced tea. It was a great start to the day.

Favorite Dish: My MVP scramble was outrageously good. It was scrambled eggs with diced sausage, ham, bacon, jalapenos, hash browns cheddar cheese and bits of butter milk pancakes mixed together. My meal came with a side of pancakes which was overkill and I din't touch them. The Scramble itself was excellent and very filling.

Liz loved her french toast but was given too large of a portion to finish (4 large slices). The bacon was very crispy and she loved her hash browns.

Plantation Nightlife

My Frosty Beer 3 more images

by cjg1 Updated Oct 27, 2009

After some local shopping Liz and I decided to grab a drink before heading upstairs. Cilantro's is the hotel restaurant/bar. We had a seat at the counter and ordered a Miller Lite for me and a club soda with lime for Liz. It was a nice way to relax and discuss our upcoming cruise.

Plantation Shopping

by cjg1 Updated Oct 28, 2009

Fortunately for us there is always a Target around if we forget to pack any essentials. This Target was right down the road from our hotel which was very convenient. Liz needed to pick up some magazines for our cruise and this was a good place to pick up some.

Plantation What to Pack

by cjg1 Updated Oct 14, 2009

Luggage and bags: Most of our trips to Florida are for a week or a jumping point for a cruise so a suitcase is require and even a garment bag.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Warm weather clothes is a must for florida and beach attire. Florida can be rainy so I always pack an umbrella.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Shampoo, lotion, deodorant, tooth brush, tooth paste, hair gel, contacts and sunscreen.

Photo Equipment: digital camera
    video camera

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bathinsuits
    water shoes
    flip flops

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Plantation

Comments

Plantation Travel Guide
Map of Plantation