Port Saint Joe Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Port Saint Joe

• doug48's Profile Photo

sunset coastal grill: sunsets

by doug48 Written Jun 8, 2010

the sunset coastal grill is located on US 98 on st. joseph bay. the sunset coastal grill specializes in local seafood and steaks. the sunset coastal grill offer a beautiful view of st. joseph bay and is a great place to have dinner and watch the sunset. in my opinion the best restaurant in port saint joe.

sunset coastal grill
    • Business Travel
    • Beaches

• Loggerhead Grill: Escape to the CAPE

by PSJVT Written Aug 17, 2007

Loggerhead Grill is the only place in Port St. Joe I would go for a great meal.

My wife and I were out and about looking for a place to have a nice dinner. I know the whole idea about “getting away from it all” is going to a place that is secluded. I didn’t know how secluded it was on the Cape until we arrived at our rental. Nice beaches, but the real attraction in this area has to be Loggerhead Grill.

We loved the location, right on the main drag for the island. So close to the ocean you can feel the sea mist blowing in the breezes. We were amazed at prices. Coming from Southern Florida (Naples and Fort Lauderdale) we didn’t expect to get food like this for such a great price. Their menu is varied yet comprised mostly of seafood options…just what we were looking for.

It is one thing going to an area surround by the Sea, but the appetizer we had must have just came right out of the water that day. The shrimp had that fresh ocean briny taste that I haven’t had in such a longtime. It was quite refreshing from the bland tasting shrimp you usually get in restaurants in Naples.

Favorite Dish: The server said we were lucky today. The Chef still has some crab cakes left. I thought that is kinda funny way of selling an item. What I didn’t know was how popular these cakes just happened to be. It seems as though they sell out everyday. We got there just in time. Anyway, after the crabcake came out I realized, yes he was right, we are lucky. It wasn’t just an aver crab cake. It was a monster crab cake. After breaking the nut crust, the jumbo chunks of crab just fell apart on the plate…not the gooey mess you usually end up with when eating crabcakes.

My wife had the other special of the day. A shrimp filled dragon roll. It seemed funny that she only ordered that. But when it came to the table, I could see why it was listed as an entrée. A zesty sauce, and an excellent pairing with the chardonnay we were having with dinner. The wine list was similar to what we have in better Naples restaurants. A nice label selections for each variety of grape.

Like I said before, this has to be the reason people come to the Cape. Getting away from the crowds is one thing, but Loggerhead has to be the reason why people stay.

sesame tuna dish reese's up pie Wahoo entree My daughters on the CAPE
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Fishing

Instant Answers: Port Saint Joe

Comments

Port Saint Joe Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Port Saint Joe restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Port Saint Joe sightseeing.

View all Port Saint Joe hotels