Places to eat in Florida

• Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki Bar-Bradenton, FL.
    Tarpon Pointe Grill & Tiki...
    by TheTravelSlut
  • Restaurants
    by Ewingjr98
    Peel and eat shrimp
    by Gypsystravels

Most Viewed Restaurants in Florida

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Great food, brilliant atmosphere.

by CEP1863 Written Jan 17, 2015

This place lived up to all expectations. Located in a large complex of hotel and casino, I really enjoyrd the memorabilia that festoons the walls. I ordered the vegetarian burger - a veggie leggie - it was cooked to perfection. The service was brilliant as well. All in all - a great evening and a great meal.

Yianni's Greek Cuisine: Waterfront restaurant with a Greek flavor

by Cho45 Written Dec 24, 2014

This popular restaurant is at the Sponge Docks on the main steeet of Greektown in Tarpon Springs, Florida. We decided to go there after a menu was handed out to us on the street by a man who is probably paid by the restaurant for his services.

Seating inside is comfortable and airconditioned. If you choose to, you can also sit outside in the enclosed area where there is live Greek music perfomed by a one man band. The restaurant was nearly full when we entered inside shortly after noon. I think one reason is because there were so many people visiting Tarpon Springs on that day during the long Labor Day weekend.

The service was fast and efficient, maybe because we ordered the Lunch Special which was Greek Salad with grilled chicken for $9.95, while my girlfriend had the Gyro sandwich with lamb. I couldn't resist the waitress's offer of a 2 for 1 drink of either a Sangria or Margarita, so I ordered one of each!

The bread came first and it was very good, one of the best I've ever had in any restaurant/country. The only other times I had bread that good was in Penang, Malaysia and the French bread in Hanoi, Vietnam. The Greek salad was also quite tasty, and as it was a big portion I had a hard time finishing it. As for the two drinks I preferred the Sangria over the Margarita. I did wonder at that time why they didn't offer any Greek aperitif like Ouzu, instead of Sangria which is Spanish.

I noticed that many of the customers were ordering the 'Saganaki' flaming cheese which is basically melted cheese in a hot pan. The server will bring it to the table and light the cheese to create a burst of flames, thus the "flaming cheese" name. We even managed to get a photo taken of the server and the flames! Anyway, both of us enjoyed our meal and the bill came up to $32 which I suppose is about average for this type of restaurant.

As we were really stuffed with the huge portions served, we opted out for dessert, but later in the afternoon went inside a bakery to sample the 'baklava'!

Yianni's restaurant from street One man band playing Greek music inside restaurant Salad plate that came with the gyro sandwich My Greek salad with grilled chicken Waitress serving the 'saganaki' flaming cheese
    • Sailing and Boating

Azteca D'oro Mexican Restaurant: Popular Mexican restaurant in Orlando

by Cho45 Updated Dec 22, 2014

We were at this restaurant for dinner a couple of months ago for my birthday. We chose to go on a Sunday as they have mariachi music only on Sundays.

Although we arrived fairly early around 6:30 pm we had to park away from the restaurant, and also had to wait for about ten minutes to get a table. The place was packed, I suppose because of the entertainment by the mariachi singers. Mariachi is a form of Mexican folk music, and for those who have been to Mexico, I'm sure they are familiar with this type of music.

It was Happy Hour all day, and they were offering two drinks for the price of one, so I ordered Sangria again as I did the last time at a Greek restaurant. Sangria is said to be the national drink of Spain, and I believe Portugal too, but again the Sangria I've had so far in the United States taste quite different from the one in Spain! No matter, I finished both my drinks during the course of the meal.

A good portion of tortilla chips were served with the meal and the waitress even brought another basket later. The meal itself was quite satisfying. We ordered Shrimp ceviche and Tacos autenticos with chopped beef. As usual, as in most restaurants in the US, they were big servings, and we had a hard time finishing all of the food.

The mariachi singers were all women and they went around the big restaurant stopping at nearly every table. I was pleasantly surprised when they sang "Happy Birthday" to me at our table. No doubt they had advance notice from someone. Oh, and one of the ladies put on a big sombrero hat on my head just when they started to sing. I thought that was a neat gesture!

The bill came up to be a little over $36 which is about normal for this type of restaurant. If you like Mexican food this is the place to go. This particular chain has several branches in the states of Washington, Oregon and five here in Florida. In summary, I would say the Azteca chain is a more elegant and higher class version of Taco Bell fast food restaurants, but with a lot more variety on the menu, and higher prices to go along with it.

Restaurant sign as seen from the street Tacos Autenticos Shrimp Ceviche Mariachi singers posing for the camera Beauties and the beast!
    • School Holidays

Ming's Bistro: One of the best dim sum restaurants outside Asia

by Cho45 Written Dec 22, 2014

I have been to this restaurant for lunch several times before, but only writing a review of it on my fourth time there. On all three occasions I went with my cousin who lives in a retirement community called The Villages which is about 90 minutes drive away from Orlando.

This place is located on a side street in the Vietnam town section of Orlando. Nothing fancy about the decor, but the mainly Chinese cuisine they serve there is fabulous! As usual, we ordered the dim sum delicacies. For those who are not familiar with dim sum food, it is basically a style of Cantonese (from Canton/Guangdong province in China) food prepared as individual portions of food traditionally served in small steamer baskets or containers which are normally put on carts and pushed around the restaurant. Customers can then choose what they want while seated at their tables.

However, at Ming's bistro we were told that the cart service is only on weekends, and since we were always there on a weekday we had to order straight from the menu like in most other restaurants. No problem, as the extensive menu had pictures and descriptions of all the good stuff available.

The last time we were there some weeks ago, we ordered these 7 dishes; pork spare ribs, lotus leaf sticky rice, shark fin dumplings, pork dumplings, spring rolls, crispy fried shrimp and chicken feet. They were all delicious! We had 'yum cha' or hot Chinese tea that goes well with the dim sum.

On this our fourth time eating at this place, we saw the same two waitresses who had served us before. Both of them seemed to recognize us because one of them said, "Oh, you've come back again." Although they were obviously Chinese they did speak English reasonably well. It is interesting to note that most of the customers are Asian with the odd Westerner at a table or two.

Besides dim sum, there are many other food items available, but dim sum is their specialty. As in our previous visits, the service was quick and efficient although the restaurant was nearly full as it was before. I believe on weekends, there is some waiting time before you can have a table unless one has made reservations.

I don't know how much the bill came up to as my cousin paid for the meal. I think it was in the region of $35-40 which I thought was reasonable by US standards.

BON APPETIT !

Entrance to Ming's Bistro in Orlando Sign at the door of restaurant The dim sum dishes we ordered They were all delicious! Vietnam town in Orlando. Florida
    • School Holidays

Nadia's Cafe: Cozy little restaurant in downtown Kissimmee

by Cho45 Written Dec 16, 2014

We found this small restaurant by chance as we were driving around downtown Kissimmee looking for a place to have lunch. The cafe sign stated Mediterranean cuisine which attracted us. We stood outside the restaurant looking at the different varieties of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern food available. Their pictures and prices were shown on the window. The Gyro sandwich lunch special interested me.

When we entered inside the husband and wife owners greeted us warmly. Apparently, Nadia is the name of the wife, and she was the one who took our order and also prepared it herself. While we were waiting for our food I got to talking with her husband Danny. He said they were originally from Israel and had moved to Florida only a few months ago. He mentioned about their food being very healthy and made fresh daily. I had the impression that he took a great amount of pride in the food that they make.

I counted a total of 10 tables, all with high chairs. There were also 3 high stools at the counter. As we came in before noon, we were the only customers at first but more people came in to eat later, some ordering 'to go' and some who ate there.

We didn't have to wait long for our order, it came in less than ten minutes. As mentioned above, Nadia herself prepared the food. I had my Gyro with french fries and shared a can of Coke between us. Afterwards, I checked out the restroom. It looked quite clean and sanitary.

On the menu you will also find Paninis, Wraps, and the 'World's Best Falafel sandwich'. In addition, they claim to make some of the freshest salads, which include Greek salad, Tabbouli salad, Hummus and a Falafel salad. Rounding out the menu there are Mediterranean/Middle Eastern treats like Kefta Kababs, Baba Ghanouj, and Chicken Kababs. It's a pity we couldn't try some of them as they all looked good!

The bill came up to only a little over $14.00 which both of us agreed was very reasonable for a full meal, so if you're ever in the vicinity of Kissimmee check this place out. There is parking space for several cars besides the restaurant. It is easy to find as the city's police station is just across the back of this eatery.

Nadia's Cafe from the street Sign in front of the restaurant You can see the big menu inside the restaurant Some of the seating inside the restaurant Take your pick of side dishes here

• RockiesTraveler's Profile Photo

Fuji Sushi: Fusion Sushi Lovers

by RockiesTraveler Updated Sep 7, 2014

This is my favorite hangout. I'd go all the time if I could afford to eat sushi everyday.
    Still it has very affordable and resonably priced sushi with generous portion sizes. I have come here for the last 8 yrs if not more; I"ve lost count.

I do not know what true sushi in Japan is like as I've not gone there, but they have all the rolls and even more unique fusion rolls not found in other sushi restaurants- and I have tried many such places and always come back here.

They currently have a happy hour too as of the writing of this tip.

Favorite Dish: Dynamite Roll
    Hurricane Roll (special request-its not on the menu; a lobster roll and its huge)
    Sushi Lunch Special

**Update 9/7/2014: This restaurant has closed though 1-2 other locations may still be open under different management. I am hoping the owner of this location will one day reopen the restaurant.

Columbia's: a Spanish historical Classic

by gwened Written Feb 3, 2014

The oldest Spanish restaurant in the USA, open in 1905 in Tampa and eventually expanded to several location. It was a natural to come to Saint Augustine (the oldest city in the USA from 1565 by Spain).
    The deco is like been back in Spain, the service is very friendly ,attentive, and the food was very good. Need to updated on your visit as family tells me still is great. I used to lived about 45 minutes by car from here along the AIA coastal road.

It is a must in Saint Augustine!

Favorite Dish: paellas, and shrimp in garlic sauce, the wines of Spain, and great tapas dishes, and the salad 1905 are legendary and always taken.

corner of Columbia restaurant St Augustine

Oyster Pub: the center of it all OP

by gwened Written Jan 28, 2014

Again an oldie but m hangout in younger times and happy that they still there last visited in 2009 but lived about 11 years in the area. This is the afterwork, weekend, events gathering hole of yours truly,and it is awesome, the best in Daytona.

where I came for lunch and happy hours, and to Watch the favorite sports of the day. also a boutique to take home souvenirs.

you want to be in the action at Daytona come here, you will remembered it as much as I do. old days not into photos then, so sorry but one day will come back.

Favorite Dish: fish and chips, crab cakes, chowder soups, angus burgers,philly cheesesteaks and of course oysters galore with great beers

• Beaches
    • Beer Tasting

Billy's Tap Room and Grill: old world in Ormond

by gwened Written Jan 28, 2014

My favorite in town for many years where I lived in ormond by the sea for many years, and always here. too bad no photos these were the times before my travel forum addiction sorry;

live music on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 18h to closing past midnight. Great local musicians and artists make for a wonderful weekend outing. opening of resto Tuesdays to Thursdays from 16h to 21h, Fridays to Saturdays from 16h to 22h, Sundays closed.

full of history from their page, and it continues today after several owners but same quality.
    Billy’s Tap Room & Grill began as a Tea Room on the property of the beautiful Ormond Beach Hotel in 1922. The hotel owners asked Billy MacDonald, the lounge manager at the Astor and Plaza Hotels in New York City, to move to Ormond Beach to manage The Tea Room. In 1926, Billy purchased our current location, opening it as a drug store/soda shop/restaurant . The MacDonald’s lived in the upstairs room, which today is affectionately named “The MacDonald Room.” In 1939 the family purchased a neighboring home for $3,900, which is currently home to the Ormond Beach Historical Trust, just a few doors west of Billy’s.

Favorite Dish: inspectors fish and chips is wonderful with a nice cold beer Sam Adams ; the jumbo crab legs, filet mignon au poivre is awesome;

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

Bob Marley's A Tribute to Freedom: Bob Marley's A Tribute to Freedom

by ArenJo Written Jan 19, 2014

Sorry excuse for Jamaican food. Worst I ever tasted. HOWEVER, it is nice to go in and check out the pictures of Bob Marley on the walls. And the gift shop is fairly priced and has some unique or hard to find items.

Favorite Dish: NOTHING. Don't eat there.

Me and my son with the statue of Bob Marley The exterior

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

El Patron: The best Mexican restaurant in central Florida

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

The food is slightly pricey, but not horrible. There is always plenty of parking and plenty of seats. They have a large bar too if you are into that. It is close to Disney as well if you are staying near there.

Favorite Dish: The best thing they have is cheese dip, but the chimichangas are great as well.

The yummy cheese dip The chimichanga

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Hooters: Decent Food, Great Waitresses in Tallahassee

by Basaic Written Jan 4, 2014

$10 as of December 2013. Most people do not come to Hooters for the food you come here to watch sports, drink beer and watch the ladies in the short orange shorts and tight t-shirts. This one was fairly typical with cute girls and mediocre food (I do like the chili though). Hours are 11 AM to 12 AM Monday through Saturday and 12 PM to 11 PM on Sunday.

Favorite Dish: Chili with Onions and Cheese.

Hooters The Waitresses and I
    • Singles

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Cedar River Seafood: Great Seafood in Middleburg

by Basaic Written Jan 4, 2014

Cedar River Seafood: $30 (for 2 adults and one child) as of December 2013. Cedar River Seafood started some 30+ years ago with a restaurant in Jacksonville next to Cedar Creek. It has expanded and now has several restaurants in different locations. The food is still well-prepared but the portions have shrunk and are a bit too small. Service (Joanie) was good.

Favorite Dish: Lunch 2 Item Combo (Blackened fish/scallops) Portions too small.

Cedar River Seafood

TGIF: American TGIF

by gwened Written Dec 10, 2013

one of our hangouts when lived not far from it, near sawgrass mills shopping center, and great service, ambiance, food always, it is like an old world deco with sports and films paraphenalia on the walls

its a chain so several all over the country. great for the whole family, prices are right.

Favorite Dish: steaks in jack daniels sauce with great michelob beers

inside TGIF
    • Beer Tasting

Applebee's: American bistro

by gwened Written Dec 10, 2013

This is a chain, sort of like the good imitation of a bistro. Great bar area,and wonderful old world restaurant with big sports TV. Ambiance is nice ,friendly and prices for the family.

one of my old hangouts in the city I worked for many years.
    a site to see the full menu

and how to find the resto

Favorite Dish: steaks and beers and sports watching is what is all about;

Applebee's Doral

272 Reviews - 623 Photos
Daytona Beach Hotels
229 Reviews - 484 Photos

Instant Answers: Florida

Comments

Florida Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Florida restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Florida sightseeing.
Map of Florida