Beachcomber, Saint Augustine

2 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

2 A St. 904-471-3744

Tables outside on a cold January day
    Sign on the restaurant
    Part of the dinner menu
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Beachcomber: On the Beach

by grandmaR Written Apr 2, 2005

Inside of the restaurant

Friends took us out to this beach bar/restaurant. The outside tables were full so we sat inside. Service was uneven, but the food was good and was not expensive.

The restaurant is right on the beach. In normal weather, the outside tables are full of beach goers. A sign on the door says "Shirt and shoes required after 5:30 pm"

Favorite Dish: On a second visit, we had the special which was meatloaf sandwich for $5.95. I had jalapeno cheese grits with mine, and Bob had homefries with his.

• My favorite resturaunt is a...

by cfoxygurl197 Written Aug 26, 2002

My favorite resturaunt is a tie between Sharky's Shrimp Shack and Beachcomber.
    Beachcomber has that nice laid-back feeling directly on the beach. Perfect for early breakfasts so you can watch the sunrise. Inside or deck seating.
    Sharky's is a family restaurant not right on the beach but close enough that you can take a stroll on the water's edge after eating. Inside/outside seating.

Favorite Dish: At Sharky's I like the Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Chicken Wrap (I had that last night!) They have many other seafood items (that's what they specialize in). You can expect big portions of great food. Also, their fries are probably one of the best in St. Augustine Beach! At Beachcomber's I like to try everything and let me tell you, everything is very very yummy! One of my favorites is the prize winning Minorcan clam chowder. It's won a couple times at the Chowder festival near the lighthouse.

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine

Comments

Hotels Near Beachcomber

View all Saint Augustine hotels