Conch House, Saint Augustine

Birds' Nest? Tree House?
    by LoriPori
    My pulled pork on a bun
    by LoriPori
  • Conch House: Stay AWAY !!!!!

by CUELLOROJO Written Jun 16, 2011

No lunch menu as site says , over priced for portion size. VERY limited menu, also no steaks as site says. Was not at all impressed , have eaten better at a Chinese buffet. Plus their menu says 18% tip added for party of 5 or more, they added 15% for 2 on top of the tip we left on ticket. Conch fritters had little if any conch, greasy as hell. Would NEVER go back!!!

Favorite Dish: NONE

• doug48's Profile Photo

the conch house: seafood

by doug48 Written Mar 22, 2008

conch house deck

the conch house is an excellent seafood restaurant located across the bridge of lions from downtown. they serve lunch and dinner and have a good selection of local seafood dishes as well a typical american fare. good seafood moderately priced.

• Conch House: VERY DISAPOINTING

by wdecobear Written Aug 23, 2007

WITH ALL THE SIGNS AND ADVERTISEMENT WE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO. SERVICE WAS SO BAD WE ALMOST LEFT. THE SERVER BROUGHT US THE WRONG DRINKS, TOO 15 MINUTES TO GET THE RIGHT ONES. FOOD WAS OVER COOKED AND DRY, SERVED 35 MINUTES AFTER WE ORDERED. THE SERVER FORGOT OUR APPITEIZERS AND SALADS. JUST BROUGHT OUT DINNER. SAID OH GEE, DO YOU WANT THENM NOW. WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THEN. SIDE DISHES LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE FROM THE DAY BEFORE. THERE WERE ONLY 6 OTHER TABLES SEATED AND WE STILL HAD TO GET UP TWICE TO FIND OUR SERVER. DON'T BOTHER.

O C WHITES SERVES SUPER FRESH SEAFOOD AND GREAT DRINKS. ENTERTAINMENT NIGHTLY TOO.

Favorite Dish: A RESERVATION AT O C WHITES

• terps94's Profile Photo

Conch House: great food in the marina

by terps94 Updated Feb 4, 2007

After nursing our hangover from night before actually none of us we're drunks but either way this place rocks. Good spot to lounge on the weekend and the food is good too.

Favorite Dish: calamari sauteed with garlic and banana peppes

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CONCH HOUSE: CHARMING MARINA RESTAURANT

by LoriPori Written Jan 28, 2007

Conch House

Saturday, January 6, 2007
    We had our VT lunch at the charming CONCH HOUSE. What a lovely place. Unique to this restaurant were little "bird's nest" tables, overlooking their Marina. Those went pretty quickly. We were all seated inside where there was lots of room.
    The menu was quite varied with you usual soups, salads, hamburgers, seafood.
    Hans and I each had the pulled pork on a bun, which came with a side of cole slaw and chips.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo

Conch House: Calimari Appetizer is Da Bomb!

by NC_Ziggy Updated Jan 20, 2007

Outside Dining Pic Taken from My Inside Porch Seat

Great Place! The atmosphere is really cool here and the food is hot! Hot like, really good! Everyone at our table seemed to be pleased with their selections from the menu but if I get back here someday, I know what I'm gonna order... See Below!

Favorite Dish: As Jed Clampett used to say, "OoooooWeeeee!" We had two appetizers at our table... I ordered Escargot and Edgar (VT Member Terps) ordered Calamari. The Escargot was tasty, served hot and on a bread pastry with just enough garlic flavor and lightly shredded cheese. Edgar ordered Calamari prepared with Banana Peppers and man, oh man was it Great! The plate was huge and even after finishing my salad with Hot Boiled Shrimp (also good!), I kept going back to the Calamari again and again until I thought Edgar might amputate my hand! Luckily, Edgar's a great VT friend and I have my hand so I can type this tip for you today!

• Conch House: Yummy Seafood in a Tropical Atmosphere

by peach93 Written Jan 11, 2007

View From the Conch House Deck

The Conch House is located over the Bridge of Lions from the Old Town, next to the the marina on Comares Ave. The restaurant itself is built on a pier overlooking the water and is really gorgeous on a nice day. When you've finished eating you can take a walk down the pier and look at the boats and the pelicans. It's very scenic.

Favorite Dish: I love conch fritters, which you can only get in Florida, and ones they serve here are great. They also make a mean rum punch, something which I highly recommend.

• Travmad's Profile Photo

Conch House: Marina with food don't miss it.

by Travmad Written Jan 11, 2007

The atmosphere here is relaxed and easy with food to match. There are small elevated decks with palm frawn roofs to cover you from the sun or inside dinning that would have air con in summer. I enjoyed a spicy hamburger with chips and sweet tea. Sweet tea by the way is iced tea with enough sugar to send you into outer space. It's similar to eating sugar cane but oh so good tasting.

• Conch House: The spectacular place on the water!!!

by tmn113 Written Sep 30, 2006

I have been to a lot of restaurants around the country but never one as unique as The Conch House. The atmosphere is absolutely beautiful. I suggest dining in one of there tiki huts for the full effect. The staff were so pleasant and attentive. It was by far one of the most memorable dining experiences I have ever had.

Favorite Dish: I went there for dinner and enjoyed the chef's platter for two. It was the most delicious meals I have had in such along time. It was packed with fresh shrimp, scallops, crab legs, mussels, clams, and oysters. It comes with a tropical house salad with an amazing tropical vinaigrette dressin and the chef's choice of potato and vegetable. I highly suggest this entree. There is more than enough food to enjoy.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Conch House: Local recommendation

by BLewJay Updated Sep 24, 2006

After walking around the fort, Flagler College and the old part of St. Augustine, we decided to get something to eat. So we went into the Visitors Center and asked for a recommendation...she said go to the Conch House. What we found was a restaurant right on the marina, great food and top notch service.

Favorite Dish: We decided to have a cup of Conch Chowder and share appetizers...Conch Fritters (a Conch House specialty, served with Key Lime Mustard sauce) and Florida Gator Tail (Florida gator tail, deep-fried, served with Key Lime Mustard sauce). Of course we had to have a cocktail, so decided to have a Goomsbay Smash (coconut rum, Gosling's rum, 151 Rum, orange juice and pineapple juice).

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

Conch House: Eat in a tree house

by Katmosphere Written Aug 13, 2006

Be served your meal in a tree house while you look out over the ocean. It really is a special place.

Favorite Dish: The last two times I've eaten here I've had the "nutty fish" platter. It's a beautiful salad with fruit and some nut crusted fish with a fantastic dipping sauce. I highly recommend it!!

• shohman's Profile Photo

Conch House: eat in a treehouse!

by shohman Written Aug 8, 2006

the treehouse

If I lived in SA, I'd be here all the time! After a great day of boating we ate here in a treehouse that hung over a marina while a reggae band played. If you ever go, look for several VT signatures on the post of one of the treehouses.

Favorite Dish: ok, without a doubt, this was the best sandwich I ever ate! It was called a minorcan burger and it was ground pork, chorizo, and sirloin topped with pepperjack. It was a taste explosion and I raved about it from the first bite. I am drooling just thinking about it.

• iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

The Conch House: Great Food and Views

by iluvtrvl Written Jun 26, 2004

Situated on the intracoastal waterway, across the Bridge of Lions off of A1A is The Conch House. The restaurant features fresh fish and seafood, as well as steaks and other non-fish items. The house salad is an absolute must, with a citrus-based vinegarrete that wants you asking for more....but don't, because the entree will make you soon forget about the delicious greens. Top off your meal with a slice of fresh key-lime pie for dessert.

The Conch House is adjacent to a marina, has indoor seating, outdoor patio seating and outdoor "treehouse" seating - tables built around poles covered by grass roofs that offer you a fantastic view of the marina and water. There is a detached bar between the marina and restaurant where you can relax before your meal. A small hotel and gift shop also are at the property.

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine

Comments

Hotels Near Conch House
4.0 out of 5 stars