O C White's Seafood & Spirits, Saint Augustine

• O C White's Seafood & Spirits
    by LoriPori
  • OC White's: Great atmosphere BUT food is NEVER cooked properly

by morankj Written Sep 11, 2011

As a local - I've been going here for a year years. AMAZING location - but it stops there. Service is hit or miss. Some wait staff truly understands and values giving prompt courteous service (such as the Sunday bartender a young kid who's name I don't recall) - others are just off the charts bad. Food - could be good if they had an actual CHEF. They don't - they have a cook. Big difference. A chef knows how to prepare food. A cook serves food under or over cooked which is what happens every time I visit this place the last year. Potatoes at brunch today were brown on the outside and raw on the inside. It was the exact same thing last weekend. I asked for them to be cooked - the outcome was to put them in the microwave, which subsequently dried them out. Food at a restaurant should NEVER go in a microwave. And, it doesn't matter if it's for dinner or Sunday brunch - food is never cooked properly. It's to the point my check has been comped on three occasions because it's been so bad. And after today - it's not even worth the aggravation. And as I put myself through college waiting tables - I'm very well aware that TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service AND how to properly cook food.

As for the guy who stated he wasn't rushed - that's because his server was MIA.

• browndwbtd's Profile Photo

great food, music and atmosphere

by browndwbtd Updated Apr 4, 2011

went several times during our stay - nice staff -did not rush us so we could listen to the music sitting in the outdoor area - food is very good - much of St Augustine dinning is good - so the music sort of kicks OC into a more fun place

Favorite Dish: any seafood was good

• O C White's Seafood & Spirits: GREAT FRESH SEAFOOD AND SUPER STAFF

by wdecobear Updated Apr 4, 2011

WE WERE STAYING AT A LOCAL B&B, THEY RECOMENDED WHITES. WE WERE NOT DISAPOINTED. SUPER FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT STAFF, EXCELENT FRESH SEAFOOD AND GREAT DRINKS. WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE THERE WNEN THEY HAD LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. THIS IS NOW OUR FAVORITE SPOT FOR DINNER IN ST AUGUSTINE.

Favorite Dish: SURF AND TURF, COOKED TO PERFECTION

• shohman's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Eat were VTers!!

by shohman Updated Apr 4, 2011

jerk chicken

During Hansifest, a huge group of us had dinner here. Lot's of Seafood and gator! It was a nice atmosphere and they handled our large group well.

Favorite Dish: I had jerk chicken and pineapple0mango salsa with roasted potato and grilled veggies, It was very good!

• O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Seafood and Pirates

by peach93 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Kaspian, Katmosphere and Me at O.C. Whites

O.C. Whites has a good variety of fresh seafood--and non-seafood for those who don't eat it--in an elegant, yet pirate-themed, atmosphere. The restaurant has an outdoor patio lit by gas torches and candles which is very attractive. It is located in the Old Town, within walking distance from most hotels.

Favorite Dish: Everything I had was good, but I didn't try the alligator even though everyone tried to make me. It's a reptile.

• terps94's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Yummy seafood

by terps94 Updated Apr 4, 2011

tuna special

TThe gang descended upon this restaurant after the happy hour at the Jazz club and what a great choice. Good food selection and you definitely have to try the alligator appetizer, it's not bad kinda taste like chicken.

I had the tuna special that night and it was good.

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Dine outside in a garden

by Katmosphere Updated Apr 4, 2011

This pirate sits near the bar

Some great seafood to be had here, in a beautiful setting.

Favorite Dish: I had the "Antigua" salad---Field greens with sliced almonds, crumbs of bleu cheese, cran-raisins and shrimp with a Roasted red pepper vinagrette. It was fantastic. A couple people at the table had the "Crabby Grouper"---Grouper with bluecrab and a sundried tomato cream sauce. It looked really, really good. What I'd like to try next is the ""Shrimp St. Barts"-- shrimp sauteed with garlic and shallots in white wine with Canadian bacon in a light asiago cream sauce.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Near the harbor

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant from the marina entrance in 2004

We went here one evening from the marina.

We ate upstairs which was decorated in Spanish colonial style. From the website: "White says that he and his staff have even had "haunted experiences" in the old mansion, especially on the second floor."

I don't know who O. C. was, but the restaurant website says that David White bought the building (Worth House) and has decorated it in mid 19th century style.

They have a children's menu, happy hour, and nightly entertainment seven days a week.

Favorite Dish: We had a nice meal which I think was around $40 including tax and tip.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: OVERLOOKING THE CITY YACHT MARINA

by LoriPori Updated Jan 29, 2007

Our Friday night's VT Dinner Meeting was held at O.C. WHITE'S SEAFOOD & SPIRITS. We had a wonderful turn-out for Hansifest. We had most of the upstairs area at the restaurant to ourselves. The food was delicious, service was quick and efficient.
    I had the chicken parmigiana with a side of pasa. It was wonderful. The chicken was moist and tender and the cheese sauce was divine. Melosh ordered a few appetizers of "gator tail". I did try one, but found it greasy and not to my liking.
    They also offer fresh seafood, steaks and chicken.
    Dinner 7 nights a week.
    Sunday brunch

• KYGAL's Profile Photo

O.C. White's: Great seafood

by KYGAL Updated Mar 19, 2005

The food and service if great. iIf weather permits, sit outside under the fragrant Jasmine arbor

On weekends, there is live music outside. Usually a versatile local performer. I've found them to be very talented and have bought numerous CDs of their music.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend anything on the menu.

• Travmad's Profile Photo

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Great place for fish

by Travmad Updated Apr 4, 2011

Yummy

Wonderful blackened sushi grade tuna with squash potatoes and peppers. See pic below. Nice atmosphere, thanks for taking us here Katmosphere.

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine

Comments

Hotels Near O C White's Seafood & Spirits
4.5 out of 5 stars