Rendezvous Restaurant, Saint Augustine

• Rendezvous Restaurant
    by rafgys
  • Rendezvous Restaurant: Bad service, all 6 of us left pissed

by Jaa1402 Written Nov 11, 2014

Bad service, gal didnt know *** about beer, ask for dark dark beer!!! Guness type beer, motor oil ! Sheopened some beer that was light colored that she claimed tasted like dark beer when we questioned her about it, she said she would exchange it cause the customer comes first, took a sip , taste like *** , She said she thought I wanted a high alcohol content beer.... Go figure!!! Ask for dark dark beer, $11 beer SHE opened but wouldnt trade it out like she said, then agreed to only charge us 10% we were ok with that, she then called the manager and they said no way full price was what we were to pay, we were pissed...all 6 of us...O and got served rotten cold slaw to....so foods also ***, I wouldn't recommend this place to anybody

P.S ,my wife and I are both former restaurant owner operators and would suggest retraining this employee and manager, there were better ways to handle this unfortunate situation.

• rafgys's Profile Photo

Rendezvous Restaurant: The best beer place I've ever seen!

by rafgys Updated Jul 16, 2006

I think they serve some food in there... but the reason why I went to Rendezvous almost everyday I spent in St. Augustine is the beer. They carry around 150 different beers... all kind of domestic beers from micro breweries and tons of imported.

Besides the variety... the servers know how to explain whatever you ask about all the different styles of beer they sell.

I would say that stopping by Rendezvous and have at least one cold beer is a must!

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Rendezvous Restaurant: Sandwiches, etc.

by sarahjayn Written Jun 15, 2005

The Rendezvous is litterally a hole in the wall. Located in a little row of tacky tourist shops off of the all-pedestrian St. George Street (you'll see the sign on the outside), the Rendezvous is a small, family-owned cafe that serves mostly sandwiches and imported beer - they got all kinds, stacked up everywhere. One of the main draws to this place is that it isn't that expensive, it isn't touristy, and it has (unlike some of the other sandwich shops) air conditioning. Now, normally I would be as happy as punch and whistle to sit in the open air as long as there's a breeze. However, during the summer months, the pits of hell open up in St. Augustine, occasionally belching out some of the hottest, humidest air known to man. It's not that bad when you are walking about, but it's no weather for trying to enjoy your cheese sandwich.

Favorite Dish: The veggie burgers are very good here.

the locals

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine

Comments

Hotels Near Rendezvous Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars