Scarlett O'Hara's, Saint Augustine

• Scarlett O'Hara's
    by Travmad
  • Scarlett O'Hara's
    by Travmad
  • Scarlett Ohara's: Worst service ever!

by jrankin16 Written Apr 10, 2010

I went to Scarlet's today, for my son's 16th birthday. There were 4 of us total, myself, my son and 2 of his friends. One of my son's friends had bought a trick nail in the nose. He walked in with it in a table stopped him because they wanted to see it. we went upstairs the server came up to us and asked what we wanted to drink she looked at me and I gave her my drink order, then she looked at my son's friend and said, "oh that's gross the nail in the nose. Then she turned and left. Of course the kids were giggling over it. The next thing I knew she came back and said she had the right to refuse service to us and we had to leave! I was stunned. all she had to say was to please remove it, my god they are kids. It was not as if they were drunk and beligerent they are good kids, that love magic tricks. A manager did not even come to the table, we were just made to leave. Not only did this ditzy server ruin my son's birthday but she also completely embarressed and humilated us. I completely felt discriminated because I was a single parent with three kids and maybe she did not feel I would tip. I plan on letting everyone know my story, my next stop will be the Better Business Bureau. I believe you can refuse service with a cause, but you can not discriminate to single parents.
    This restaurant has gone completely downhill the service is the worst I have ever seen I would tell everyone i know to avoid this restaurant at all costs

• donpaul77's Profile Photo

Scarlet O'Haras: A good hang out

by donpaul77 Written Sep 10, 2008
    Playing games at Scarlett O'hara's

The front porch is the place to hangout at Scarlet O'Hara's. I've never eaten here, but for a chilled beer on a hot day, it's pretty nice. The building has the look of a rustic old southern home and the front porch has been expanded to feature a bar. Often times there is a musician or two playing on the porch. All this plus it's location right in the historic downtown make it a really relaxing place to chill.

• Scarlett O'Hara's Restaurant: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

by LushLips71 Written Jul 23, 2008

ABSOLUTELY THE RUDEST WAITRESSES IN TOWN! I was in St. Augustine for the 4th of July weekend with my family - my husband was there with the 13th Army Band to play the Friday afternoon concert in the Plaza. Friends from Jacksonville drove down Saturday to spend the day with us and we went looking for a place to have lunch. I suggested Scarlett O'Hara's since in all the years I've been going to St. Augustine I had always heard it was a rather cool hang out with good food. We went in, straight upstairs since the ground floor was packed and were gladly surprised to find seats for our large party of 10. But as we sat down the waitresses refused to serve us, saying they only had seats for 8 when clearly we all fit and had sat down!!! My husband got up and went to the bar to speak to the waitress/bartender who swiftly walked away and repeated they had space for 8, but not 10. AND SHE HAD 2 PATRONS SEATING AT THE BAR GET UP AND GO TO A TABLE TO SIT DOWN BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE CHAIRS WITH MY @ YEAR OLD!!!! Obviously, we promptly got up and walked out after being treated so rudely for no reason. I was very angry and decided to speak to the manager. As I tried asking a downstairs waitress if the manager was available her response WAS JUST AS RUDE!. Before I could get my question out she aggressively asked if I was "speaking to her". My response after such shabby treatment was that we would take out business elsewhere and I'd make our experience known. There is now excuse for such treatment of potential customers. I wonder if the owner realizes his staff chooses who to serve based on their whims!

• mcphapa's Profile Photo

Scarlett O'Hara's: It started with wanting a drink

by mcphapa Updated Mar 6, 2006

The sign that will draw you in!

We stopped at this restaurant because it looked like a good place to have a beer. And we right on about that: great atmosphere (100+ year old house), good prices (2.25 a beer). The food on the other hand was not the best I had in St. Augustine. I think they could have had a more unique menu selection and should lower their prices. Overall, the customer service was great, and we got our food quickly.

• Singles

• Travmad's Profile Photo

Scarlett O'Hara's: Frankly my dear I don't give a damn...

by Travmad Written Jan 10, 2007

Nice place to grab some pub food and have a drink. There is also an lounge upstairs for more intimate socializing.

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine

Comments

Hotels Near Scarlett O'Hara's
4.5 out of 5 stars