Saint Augustine Beach Restaurants

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Beachcomber: On the Beach

by grandmaR Updated Jan 17, 2005

On a cold January day

Friends took us out to this beach bar/restaurant. The outside tables were full so we sat inside. Service was uneven, but the food was good and was not expensive.

The restaurant is right on the beach. In normal weather, the outside tables are full of beach goers. A sign on the door says "Shirt and shoes required after 5:30 pm"

Favorite Dish: On a second visit, we had the special which was meatloaf sandwich for $5.95. I had jalapeno cheese grits with mine, and Bob had homefries with his.

• Beaches

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Burrito Works Taco Shop: Amazing Nachos!

by basstbn Written Feb 16, 2012

I don't see this little place listed online in any of St Augustine Beach's places to eat. If it weren't just around the corner from the room we were renting, we probably would not have stopped in to give it a try. Good things come to those who travel and explore!

There are no indoor tables, a few within a screened porch, a couple of picnic tables outside - apparently for smokers, but we ate there because we had our dog with us. The Taco Shop seems to be run by a couple of 20 something, well-inked young ladies who have a good thing going for them. The food is good, as is the service.

Favorite Dish: I had the nachos plate. If your mind immediately conjures up images of the nachos you get at that national chain, delete that thought. This is different. Freshly made chips, pulled pork, lots of cheese (two types), pico de gallo, lettuce, sour cream. None of those paste-like refried beans you get at other places. Absolutely delicious!

My wife ordered a large taco (also with pulled pork), which she enjoyed, then helped me finish off that large serving of nachos.

• mcphapa's Profile Photo

The World Famous Oasis: Great Seafood!

by mcphapa Written Mar 6, 2006

Cover of the Menu

Friendly service with good food. I feel as though the price was very fair for being on the beach. I recommend you stop by.

Favorite Dish: I got "The Whaler." If you do not like spicy food then I recommend you sit this one out. The sandwich was loaded with the peppers and onions and most importantly, full of flavor. I included the menu description from the website.

Whaler 7.95
    Grilled grouper or fried flounder served with grilled onions, jalapeno peppers, banana peppers, roasted bell peppers and melted provolone on a toasted kaiser.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Gypsy Cab Company Restaurant: A different menu every night

by grandmaR Written Jan 15, 2003

Restaurant entrance

We went to this restaurant with a friend who was very impressed with the fact that they didn't have iceburg lettuce in the salads. Another friend felt that it was too expensive and too touristy. I thought the food was good and the service also. The specials are different every night and the waitress has to tell them to you orally. I don't remember exactly what I had because I didn't write it down.

Favorite Dish: From their website - hours are
    Monday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
    Friday: 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm
    Saturday: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
    Sunday: 10:30 am - 10:00 pm

• The Santa Maria: "Stay Away from this restaurant"

by georgelbenson Written Jun 11, 2011

The place is down town at the marina, they have flyers in every publication. We arrived on a thursday evening @ 730 and thought the place would be packed. they had 3 tables! I knew then we were in trouble. The average age of the employees was 75 (No kidding) everything u said u had to say twice. They tried to seat us next to a family of 8 with 2 small children screaming at the top of their lungs. We asked to be seated somewhere else. 2 glasses of cheap wine was 9.00 per glass. The menu was expensive for a grease menu (fried shrimp etc... The table with the kids continued to let the children holler. The food was horrible!!!!When we got the bill it was 100.00. We ask the waiter if he could take 20% off the bill because we had to listen to the next tables children holler for 1 hour. He said "no" and went and got the manager, she was 100 years old. She said it was not her fault and would call the police if we didnt pay the full amount. She was go n 2 call the police on a tourist!!!!! We paid and left

Favorite Dish: none the food was horrible

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Mango Mango's Beachside Bar & Grill: Caribbean!

by basstbn Written Mar 10, 2012

On an evening when we had planned to drive to an Italian restaurant some distance away, we found our street blocked by emergency response vehicles. Plan 2 - leave the car at our rental unit and find someplace within walking distance. That was Mango Mango's on Hiway A1A in St. Augustine Beach - another of this holiday trip's happy accidents. (Note -there is another Mango Mango's in Saint John, Florida, wherever that is.)

The atmosphere was bright, cheery, and casual, and the service followed suit. Truly a comfortable place to eat. The menu offerings were numerous and varied, making a final choice difficult. We both enjoyed our dinner.

Favorite Dish: I wish I had my camera with me when my entree arrived. It looked great!

Fortunately, its flavor matched its appearance. I had ordered the Pollo con Arroz - a generous serving of chicken chunks with yellow rice, diced carrots, and peas, surrounded by black beans and plantains. I was hungry, but could not eat it all.

Instant Answers: Saint Augustine Beach

Comments

Saint Augustine Beach Travel Guide

Saint Augustine Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Augustine Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Augustine Beach sightseeing.

View all Saint Augustine Beach hotels