Saint Pete Beach Restaurants

by HasTowelWillTravel

Most Recent Restaurants in Saint Pete Beach

Compass Grille: Very Good Lunch- not your Beach Bistro

by charlenemixa Written Jun 23, 2015

Walking back to the Tradewinds we were seeking a place for lunch and spotted the Compass Grille at the Sirata Beach Resort. We live in the area and have heard numerous radio ads on the Compass Grille. We were very impressed with spotless, casual yet sophisticated decor. Arriving around 11:00AM we were the only ones there. The waitress was friendly and very helpful. She showed us a plate of the lunch special of chicken wrapped around spinach, Asiago cheese, creamy mashed potatoes and a salad which convinced us to share this entre'. Adding a second side salad gave us plenty for lunch. We were most impressed and recommend it for good food and atmosphere.

Snappers Sea Grill: Good Seafood and Friendly Staff

by charlenemixa Written Jun 23, 2015

Staying at the Tradewinds Resort we were looking for a restaurant off property specializing in fish. Based on TripAdviser reviews and the concierge we went to Snappers. It is just a block from the Resort so an easy walk. It was reasonably busy this Mother's Day evening. Luckily there was an outside table. Inside seemed to be very noisy. Our waitress was delightful and energetic. I had the tuna appetizer which was a generous portion of tuna and very good. The house salad was good, too. My husband went with house special of the seafood platter. It was HUGE! A lot of shrimp, fish, crab cake, etc. we would have been smart to share it. In fact we took a good portion back with us for lunch the next day. Snappers has done a good job with the outside seating giving a tropical feel with the palms and plants. It is still basically seating on a sidewalk so no scenic view. I would recommend for it seafood choices but it ranks in the good category. If you are looking quantity then you will be pleased with the platters.

Shaner's Land & Sea Market: Local Market - convenient deli

by charlenemixa Written Jun 23, 2015

We were going to Pass-a-grill beach and wanted to pick up sandwiches for lunch. Based on Tripadviser reviews we went to Shaner's. The owners were very nice and the market had some really nice looking fish, meats and foods. Our deli sandwiches were just okay. While my ham and cheese had a lot of ham, my husband's 3 meat sub was very thin on meat. The bread was mediocre. For us it was disappointing. From the market aspect it was impressive but just ok fir the deli even with Boarshead meats.

Guy Harvey Rum Fish Grill: “Unique and Impressive: Setting, Atmosphere and mo

by charlenemixa Written Jun 23, 2015

The Tradewinds newest venue - the Guy Harvey RumFish Grill is unique and impressive. With a huge tank filled with fish indigenous to the area as one wall, the restaurant creates a most unique ocean setting. After observing and spotting the various fish in this massive aquarium, we had a drink in the bar. The decor is excellent as is the staff. The bartender Chris was welcoming, friendly with good suggestions for our visit. rumFish has a very nice dining room with the Aquarium wall. The menu looked very good, too. Plus there is outdoor seating by the bar and the bar area for dining, too. We highly recommend RumFish and plan to dine there on the next visit. Only suggestion is to offer more craft beers at the bar

33,500 Gallon Aquarium at Rum Fish Photo Op - Reel in a Big Fish

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish: DELICIOUS: Excellent Smoked Fish!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 11, 2014

The outdoor casual eatery has the best smoked fish meals. We traditionally get the smoked fish spread but this time I went with the smoked mullet lunch plate. DELICIOUS! It took me back to my childhood days when my family would be coming home from Clearwater Beach and stop at the old, Mullet Inn (at Rocky Point in Tampa, FL) for smoked mullet. My husband as always was thrilled with the smoked fish spread sandwich as well as the German Potato salad. The sandwich is "huge" so if you have a smaller appetite split it or plan to take some home for later. This is a comfy laid-back eatery with good food and service. While they have indoor seating we like sitting outside at the picnic style tables or the bar. Bring cash! They don't take credit cards.

It has been featured on several TV shows for their smoked fish.

Favorite Dish: Smoked Fish Spread, Smoked Mullet and Hot German Potato Salad

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Jackie's on Corey Bistro & Catering: Good Food! Nice Setting!

by charlenemixa Written Aug 11, 2014

We checked out Jackie's for our New Year's Eve lunch. The weather was nice and we elected to sit outside and happened to sit next to a couple who were big fans of Jackie. The service was good and the food was very good. I especially enjoyed my Fried Green Tomato BLT and my husband enjoyed his Mahi sandwich. Their menu indicates that many items are "heart healthy" with the heart beside and even gluten free, though it was as easy to determine confirm these dishes met these standards. Good restaurant and only a couple of blocks from the Gulf of Mexico.

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Bella Habana Restaurant: Good Cuban Food

by HasTowelWillTravel Updated Jul 15, 2010

When thinking of eating in Florida, the first thing that comes to mind is Cuban food. So, I was definitively looking forward to having Cuban food while I was at St. Pete Beach. Just a few blocks down from the hotel was Bella Habana, a little gem of a place on Gulf Blvd. This neat place had a menu filled with Cuban classics, from seafood to roasted pork, with various mojos (sauces). Sides include black beans, tostones (a mashed up plantain pan-fried to crispiness), sweet plantains, roasted vegetables, rice, and more. You can make up your own combination dinner, or stick to a traditional Cuban sandwich, or even chose from the tapas menu, made up of smaller portions of the main entrees.

The service was a little erratic, the waiter very friendly but seeming forgetful, leaving us alone for perhaps too long. But the atmosphere was pleasant, with colorful decor and Cuban jazz flowing through the speakers (some nights they have live Salsa music).

• HasTowelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Agave: Good, Delicious Mexican Food in Florida

by HasTowelWillTravel Written Jul 15, 2010

Being from California, I spend a lot of time criticizing Latin American food as I travel and move across the country. It is ingrained in me, I can't help it. So when I find a place that achieves a good balance of authenticity, price, and taste, I celebrate. And such is Agave. On Gulf Blvd this small place sits at a corner, fairly obscure. Venturing inside, there are only a few tables, which necessitates waiting times for large parties during a dinner rush (no reservations accepted). It's worth it.

The menu is stacked, with a selection of appetizers, enciladas, tortas, burritos, and platos especiales. We went twice. The first time I had gorditas, which is nothing like what you read about at TacoHell. These were hand-made corn shells, stuffed with pork in green sauce, shredded beef, or chicken and tomatoes and lettuce. Dense, and delicious. Second time out I had a burrito, with a shredded chicken filling with a corn, roasted pepper, and cream sauce. You can get chips, with fresh pico de gallo, and 3 smaller dishes of salsas: one a tomatillo-green chile, a second a habanero, and the third was unidentified by us. Add a side of guacamole!

The place had a good drink selection. Their sangria was fresh, with a citrus punch to it. Margaritas were served large and strong, and the horchata was super-cinnamony. Just the way I like it.

Overall, a good family establishment, with great food and a nice evening. Definitely on the to-see list.

• Patrick's Bayside Grill: Fresh and delicious!

by smoofinator Written Jan 10, 2008

Patrick's is a very small restaurant on Gulf Blvd. It only has about 15 tables and a bar. The food is wonderful! We ordered steak bruschetta for an appetizer and it was great. The steak just melted in our mouths and the garlic and fresh tomato were awesome. The service was wonderful, and the ambience is quiet and cozy.

• jool's Profile Photo

durando steakhouse: oak fire grilled

by jool Written Aug 7, 2007

the food at Durango,s is fantastic you can watch the chef cook your steak over the oak fired grill and the ribs are to die for the are so tasty

Favorite Dish: the full rack of baby ribs are delicious the meat just falls off the bones and they do a great salad bowl with your complimentary bread for a starter

• hbgood's Profile Photo

Snappers: Make sure to eat outside

by hbgood Written May 25, 2006

First impression--the stained glass on the front doors is beautiful. The inside is very classy looking but it was nice to sit outside in the warm air. The menu was reasonably priced and the food was excellent. Good service too. There was a wait when we were there so make a reservation ahead of time.

Favorite Dish: Grouper

Maritana Grille: Heaven

by hbgood Written May 25, 2006

Another cannot miss. It is a 4 star restaurant inside the Don Cesar Hotel. While it is fine dining and thus expensive, it is less expensive than I expected because of its location and ambience. Eating in comfy booths with pillows next to a tank filled with lionfish was neat. We had a great bottle of gewurtraminer and the entree sauce were exquisite. Don't forget to have dessert and coffee! We had chocolate mousse with Godiva white chocolate liquor and the coffee is in a french press--quite fancy.

• Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Habana Cafe: Like being in Havana

by hbgood Updated May 25, 2006

Habana Cafe has been voted the best Cuban restaurant in the Tampa Bay area for the past 5 years. That should say something. The food is great! I loved the plaintains and sangria. In fact, I bought the cookbook published by the owner and the hot sauce. It is a place you cannot miss. Great service too.

Favorite Dish: Plaintain encrusted grouper!

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Salt Rock Grill(I swiped...

by Sunshine64 Written Oct 4, 2002

Salt Rock Grill
    (I swiped this pic from their web site)

Favorite Dish: Everything I had, appetizers, steak, salad was good, but what was truly outstanding was the Creme Brulee that I almost didn't have for desert. They also have an amazing wine list.

Instant Answers: Saint Pete Beach

Comments

Saint Pete Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Saint Pete Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint Pete Beach sightseeing.

View all Saint Pete Beach hotels