Know about this? Rate It!
Go Off the Beaten Path and you'll be in hot water!
Located on the east end of the island, part of a wildlife refuge. Don't make a special trip here to tour the lighthouse. There aren't any tours. Best you get is a marker at the base of the lighthouse. It will tell you that the lighthouse was first put into service in August of 1884.
I wondered if the lighthouse even existed, as I had to walk almost all the way to the point before its sight arose among the landscape.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Sanibel Island Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tower-Soudan State Park Hotels
- Hammam-Lif Hotels
- Burpengary Hotels
- Stony Lake Hotels
- De Panne
- Machu Picchu
- Italy Off The Beaten Path
- Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- Mersing Off The Beaten Path
- Virginia Off The Beaten Path
- Germany Off The Beaten Path
- Bacolod City Off The Beaten Path
- Day Trip: Montserrat
- Canberra Off The Beaten Path
- Sorrento Off The Beaten Path
- The Bahamas Off The Beaten Path
- Busan Off The Beaten Path