Sarasota Restaurants

Homey dining area
    by 807Wheaton
  • Super soup and salad bar with great entre choices.
    Super soup and salad bar with great...
    Bakery offerings

Most Recent Restaurants in Sarasota

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Michael's on East: A Fantastic Fine Dining Restaurant

by charlenemixa Written Jun 6, 2014

A wonderful romantic restaurant with a feel of a luxury liner (like you on a wonderful cruise ship -The Titanic?) In addition to the eclectic menu, they have regional favorites menus for fixed prices. Great for a special dinner out!
    Romantic music from the intimate Piano Bar brings a touch of a graceful era.The menu has an inspired cuisine with plenty of exciting choices. “Savor Sarasota” a dining promotion during June, encourages visitors and locals to experience Sarasota’s numerous restaurants multi-course meals for $15 per person for lunch and $25 per person for dinner. Michael’s on East features epicurean adventures at these prices year round!

Our appetizer of salmon on sliced avocado topped with a fried quail egg is delicious. The raw oyster from Washington State are sweet and tender and we love Michael’s Special Seasonal Salad featuring figs, grapes and candied pecans. Richard chooses the Italy Epicurean Adventure with a first course of Carne Crudo all Piedmontese (chopped filet mignon with extra virgin olive oil, artichokes, asparagus ribbons and crustini). The service and hospitality is superb with all the touches and finesse of a true “fine dining” experience. My Pan-Roasted Halibut is terrific as is Richard’s Vitello Marengo- veal medallions. Sharing the Torta Pignolata dessert is the perfect ending for our dinner. Our evening is a gastronomic delight!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Mattison's City Grill: Don't miss happy hour

by easterntrekker Written Apr 12, 2014

Lots of fun

We had dinner here before a concert. We really loved it , it is Happy hour until 7PM with $5.00 appetizers and beer is $1.75. We tried the pulled pork sliders and they were great , we shared huge Greek salad , not your typical Greek salad this one is served with grilled lamb chops. The waitress was so friendly , we'll definitely return. There's is live music at 7:30 too.

• Museum Visits

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo

Der Dutchman Restaurant & Bakery: Great Amish Food - A bit pricey

by 807Wheaton Written Feb 21, 2014
    Homey dining area

We ate here for lunch during our 3 night stay in Sarasota. We've eaten at Der Dutchman in Ohio and enjoy their food. When we're traveling we like to find a place where we can get vegetables and fruit for a meal so this place was perfect. Plus I love good desserts and there were several good ones to try.
    This place was located just a few blocks from the Homewood Suites by Hilton where we were staying. We drove there and there was plenty of parking . Everything looked very clean and the servers were very friendly and helpful. Their bakery looked wonderful and if we were staying there for a while longer I definitely would have gone back for some of their goodies and bread.
    When we left the restaurant we realized this was an Amish area of Sarasota because we saw a lot of people riding their bikes here and there among modest pleasant neighborhoods.

Favorite Dish: Their baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy hit the spot. We like to get some home cooked meals now and then while we're traveling.

• Museum Visits
    • Architecture

• Sarasota Sake House: Most yummy Japanese food here

by Allanzellion Written Jan 24, 2013
    Very nice and yummy

We visited sarasota for days and tried some restaurants there. The most impressed me is SAKE HOUSE because of its delicious Japanese food. Actually we found it at downtown incidentally when we felt hungry and searched food. We had its house special roll, like three sisters, volcano, Mexican, fried lobster and others. I surprise found that they are very yummy and the cooking materials are extremely fresh. Salmon Sashimi just melted in my mouth soon. My wife is Japanese. She said the cooking way of Beef Negimaki was very similar with it in Japan. This is also the first time for her to taste such a traditional Japanese cuisine in US. She felt very very happy that day. We also enjoy the Hot Sake and pink sake there. That feeling just like go back to Japan. This restaurant is quiet with modern decor and not too difficult to find. I seldom to write the comments on website but this time impressed me a lot and brought my family a very joyful memory there. Appreciate for chef!! Keep going! Heartfelt to say, Don't miss it! Everyone can afford it because most of their food with a reasonable price, but fresh.

Favorite Dish: My wife: Beef Negimaki, huge giant soft shell crab

Me: tuna Tataki, fried lobster, salmon sashimi, sake

My dad and mum: shrimp tempura, curry udon

Kids: Gyoza, mochi

Fair price with High quality!

• Seniors
    • School Holidays

• Patty's On Main: Great Location at Main and Pineapple

by jimbochef Written Aug 3, 2011

I have always liked this location.
    Patty's is the most recent incarnation of a favored Main Street location.
    Huge hamburgers, sweet potato fries, perfect ahi tuna, blackened tilapia and rack of lamb suggest an eclectic menu with new specials coming every day.
    I like an old favorite - the wedge salad and the calamari was as tasty as it could be.
    Very much enjoyed a cucumber martini and their coconut ice cubes in a Cuba Libra.
    Wine list is extensive yet moderately priced.
    The absolute best late night bar menu in town serves until 2AM.

Favorite Dish: Ahi Tuna Burger

• THE BREAKFAST HOUSE: Best Breakfast

by wendylee88 Written Jul 7, 2011

This place has the best breakfast in the Sarasota Area Run do not walk to this little place of heaven 5 stars!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Dish: key west eggs benedict with sauted lobster and shrimp Homemade Hollandaise sauce on a grilled English muffin.

• KrisKaden's Profile Photo

Phillipi Creek Oyster Bar: Terrific Seafood

by KrisKaden Updated Apr 4, 2011

Phillipi creek is my favorite seafood/oyster bar ever. It is a great place to get some really fresh seafod in a casual and relaxing environment. There is a dock behind the restaurant where boaters pull up, dock, come in for some lunch/dinner, and then strike back out. Its a lot of fun to watch them.

It isn't located directly on the gulf, however it backs up to a creek and it has an Old Florida "feel" to it. It is very casual; the outside of the restaurant resembles a shack, and the tables are picnic tables with paper towel rolls on the ends.

The restaurant will be a little bit out of the way if you're staying at the beach, but its worth the drive. I have eaten there every couple months for the last 10 years and I have never been dissapointed.

Favorite Dish: The raw oysters are the best I've ever had. The smoked salmon dip is divine as well. The crabcake sandwich comes with banana peppers all over it for extra zest. The chowders (soups) here are also very hearty and full of fresh fish.

• Beaches

• geekgrrl's Profile Photo

The First Watch: Great Brunch

by geekgrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

This was a pleasant dinner type restaurant where we went for brunch. The service was excellent and so was the food.

Favorite Dish: I had the breakfast scramble which I truly enjoyed - scrambled eggs on a croissant with hollandaise sauce! The rest of my party was equally satisfied with their choices.

• Bella Cucina: Simply the Best Italian Food!

by cheryldiehl55 Written May 16, 2010

Conveniently situated at Exit 207, 1 block from the Hampton Inn. The salad bar is a build your own, plus 3-4 choices of innovative, fresh, ready to eat selections. Selections for main course, too numerous to mention. Examples: Chicken Carbonara, Stuffed Shells, Lasagna, Rolled stuffed eggplant, heaping pizzas, Roast Pulled Pork. Only the freshest ingredients, Visual presentation excellent, service very good. No compromises in sauces, meats. Ambience way above average, cleanliness a plus-plus. Oh, and the desserts, fresh, hot, cold, that is if you have room for any. The overall value is a 9! Less the $8.00 per person for lunch, $12.00pp for dinner, nightly specials added to buffet.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Carbonara: flavor, no skimping, rich and creamy.

• Business Travel

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CRAGER'S FAMILY DINER: FAMILY DINER

by LoriPori Updated Nov 2, 2009

Crager's Family Diner

Sarasota, January, 2007
    OK what to eat tonight! CRAGER'S FAMILY DINER just down the street from our Motel had a sign outside which read Sirloin Steak $7.49. That sounded good, so that's what we did. Our steak was a small portion, but good and it came with choice of potato ( we both had baked ), vegetable and corn bread which was all more than enough. Our waitress was hilarious and had us in stitches.
    Crager's which is family owned and operated, had quite a good menu with your usual breakfast items, soup and sandwiches, salads, burgers, chicken, fish, steak and pasta dishes.
    Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• doug48's Profile Photo

euphemia haye: gourmet

by doug48 Written Nov 27, 2008

euphemia haye restaurant and lounge

located on the north end of longboat key euphemia haye is about a 20 minute drive from lido key in sarasota. this gourmet restaurant and bar is one of the best restaurants in florida. they specialize in local seafood, steak, and gourmet american fare. on the second floor of euphemia haye is a lounge and dessert room that offers live entertainment. for those interested in fine dinning the euphania haye is a must stop in the sarasota area. reservations recommended.

• Architecture
    • Beaches

• tampa_shawn's Profile Photo

Yoder's Amish Restaurant: Taking in the Amish Restaurants in Sarasota

by tampa_shawn Updated Sep 9, 2008

Sarasota has a pretty large Amish community that resides in a neighborhood known as Pinecraft.

This neighborhood has narrow streets and small houses in a grid layout mark this as the area’s "Amish community." In truth, the area is made up of Amish, Mennonites, and others, but it is those members of the Plain Sects, in their traditional clothing, that catch the eye.

There are also some wonderful Amish restaurants (with crafts etc for sale) in the area

Yoders makes everything from SCRATCH and was voted first place by the People's Choice awards (Sarasota Herald Tribune & Channel 40) for:

* Best Dinner Under $10.00
    * Best Amish Restaurant
    * Best Homemade Desserts
    * Best Key Lime Pie
    * Best Carry out
    * Best Breakfast

Favorite Dish: I just love home cooking so its hard to say...but Do NOT leave without having a piece of Pie (or buy an entire pie and take it home)...my favorites are the Peanut Butter Cream and the Strawberry Rhubarb pies

**** Also note there is an Amish market nearby on Saturday is on Bahia Vista about one -quarter mile east of Beneva Rd.****

There are also several Amish Restaurants in the area...including
    Troyer's Dutch Heritage Restaurant, Bakery, Gift Shop and Furniture Store
    3713 Bahia Vista St.
    Sarasota, FL 34232
    941-955-8007
    An old tradition in a new setting since 1969. Troyer's Dutch Heritage serves traditional Amish family and buffet-style meals, scrumptious bakery pastries and more than 20 types of pies. Second floor gift shop.

• Saltwater Cafe, Nokomis, Florida: Gross: Will not eat here again

by PeggySara Updated Aug 28, 2008

We had a large group for a special occasion. Had a very long wait for our food, despite only a few other people there. Food was overcooked, the fish and mozarella stick breading was very dark brown, borderline burnt. The fish itself looked like a steamroller ran over it and had no taste at all. The "steamed" veggies were hard. The bread was stale. Grossly overpriced, generally poor service. Everyone left disappointed. I can't believe this place stays in business.

• Heinrich's German Grill: Stop whatever you're doing and go to this place!

by FoodIsGood Written Mar 11, 2008

Great Food, Beer and wine

Great Service! You walk in and there's always someone with a smile greeting and seating you.
    If you like good food simply go here! I've been to Heinrichs many times and I've tried almost everything on the menu. I've never had a anything I didn't love. Oh yeah and they have a hand picked selection of fine German beers on tap. My favourite is the Oktoberfest.

Favorite Dish: Veiner Schnitzel is my favourite. This is pan fried ambrosia. I mean to me it doesn't get much better than this. It comes with a salad, fried potatos and sauerkraut (I mean real German, good, sauerkraut).

• School Holidays

• Heinrich’s German Grill: Great German Food

by karenrrn Updated Mar 11, 2008

My husband and I have been customers at Heinrich’s German Grill since opening day. We have never been disappointed with either the service or the food. Irene is a great cook and eating in this restaurant has always been a treat. The service has been wonderful and obviously, Heinrich takes care when hiring staff. Jason and James keep us laughing with each visit. Heinrich greets all visitors personally and takes pride in his restaurant. The restaurant is nicely decorated in tasteful colors. Tables that seat from 4-8 people are available as well as bar seating. The beer on tap poured by pros is imported from Germany and hard to beat. A great wine list is also available all chosen by Heinrich himself. This is our favorite restaurant try it and you will revisit.

Favorite Dish: The food is fresh and well prepared by Irene. Everything we have tried has lived up to our expectations. I love the sauerbraten it is rich, tangy and authentic marinated for days. My husband enjoys the schnitzel and has tried almost every topping. The specials change weekly and keep us coming back for more.

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Sarasota

Comments

Sarasota Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sarasota restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sarasota sightseeing.