Tamarac Travel Guide

• Local Customs
  • Things to Do

Tamarac Things to Do

by mcharlton Written Feb 25, 2003

See beautiful plant life in the Everglades such as the colorful Air Plants and Wild Orchids.
    Wild Orchids are not that easy to find but when you do they are breath taking.

• Hiking and Walking

by mcharlton Written Feb 25, 2003

The Everglades National Park is a must. It is unique to anything in the World and our Eco System is dependent upon it. If we completly distroy it we will be in big trouble.
    See an abundance of wild life and wild life birds.
    Wild orchids, slash pine, sabal palm, saw palmetto waxmytle, yellow batchelor's button, star-topped sedge, yellow=eyed grass and many many more varities of plant life.

• Hiking and Walking

• Tamarac Hotels

5 Hotels in Tamarac

Tamarac Hotels

Tamarac Restaurants

by mcharlton Written Oct 4, 2002

Coconuts is a fun place to eat and is located near the Swimming Hall of Fame in Ft. Lauderdale right near the beautiful beach.
    You can sit outside and watch the boats go by on the Intercoaster.

Favorite Dish: Calamari!

by mcharlton Written Oct 4, 2002

Another favorite restuarant is my own kitchen.
    Love to take a run down to the keys and buy fresh
    seafood from the local wholesale seafood market. It's the freshest at the best price.
    The fish this way is even fresher than the restaurant or buying it in a local fish market.

Favorite Dish: Lobster, shrimp, oysters, crabs and fresh catch of the day which was my choice of grouper.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Tamarac? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Tamarac Nightlife

by mcharlton Written Oct 4, 2002

This guy is only supposed to come out at night but decided to make his way on the board walk in front of us.
    Rocky the raccoon hesitated but then felt safe enough to pass us.

Dress Code: Anything comfortable and cool, sun hat, sun shades and sun screen.

Tamarac Warnings and Dangers

by mcharlton Written Oct 4, 2002

Do not feed the aligators, they bite and are not tame. There is a $500.00 fine if you are caught feeding or harrassing the aligator. If you are lucky enough you may see the American Crocodile.

This aligator walked right in front of me to get to the water on the other side of my path. I took his picture as I steped aside for him. I have much respect for these guys and give them lots of room between me and them.

Tamarac Tourist Traps

by mcharlton Written Oct 4, 2002

Many people that come to this area do not want to go back where they came from.
    Too many people stay and now we have too many people in South Florida clogging the roads up.

My husband and I by our Irish Bar in our out door room.

Tamarac Off The Beaten Path

by mcharlton Updated Oct 4, 2002

The Birds in the Everglades are worth the drive.
    There are over 250 different varieties of birds that come to Eco Pond in the Everglades National Park.
    The picture shown is an Anhinga.
    The anhinga is sometimes called the snakebird because it swims through the water with only its thin neck showing. The anhinga never seems to miss when it dives beneath the water's surface for fish. Skewering one on its pointed beak, it then flips the fish up in the air, catches it with an open mouth, and swallows it.

Tamarac Favorites

Favorite thing: Play golf on the beautiful Colony West Golf Course
    on Pine Island Road.

Fondest memory: Picking oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes off my fruit trees. They do not exist anymore since the citrus canker came through our neighborhood. I now enjoy my bananas, pineapples and pappayas.

Every year after the hurricane season a flock of Ibis come through my neighborhood every day pecking through the lawns for worms and bugs. Five years ago I noticed one Ibis hopping on one leg lagging way behind the flock. Well, wouldn't you know, that same Ibis is still with the flock and was back again this year still lagging behind the flock but still around.

Instant Answers: Tamarac

Comments

Map of Tamarac