Know about this? Rate It!
Al Lopez Park and Cancer Survivors Plaza
Al Lopez Park consists of 130 acres of woods, grass, ponds, playgrounds, and picnic shelters. The park is well-known as a great spot for tailgating before Tampa Bay Buccaneers football games and New York Yankees spring training games, since their stadiums are directly across the street. The park also has two trail loops one for pedestrians only, the other just for pedestrians. The park was named after a local boy--Ybor City's own Baseball Hall of Famer, Al Lopez
Cancer Survivors Plaza is in the southwestern corner of Al Lopez Park.
Al Lopez Park, another...
Al Lopez Park, another favorite running spot. It's right next to Tampa Stadium and the NY Yankees spring training complex. There is a two mile path that loops around the park and you can even go fishing here. I actually ran a marathon in this park to qualify for the 96 boston. 13 laps on a two mile course was something else. there is also a great playground for kids there
The address is 4810 N. Himes avenue. It's between Dale Mabry blvd and Himes Avenue.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Tampa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tenali Hotels
- Gettysburg Hotels
- Carolina Beach Hotels
- South Manitou Island Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path