Know about this? Rate It!
Bayshore Blvd. Walk through the neighborhood
Bayshore Blvd. is a long walking/jogging/biking/skating path in the downtown area. The bay is on one side, and a really nice neighborhood is across the street on the other side. However, you could wander for hours admiring the homes in this neighborhood. I highly recommend walking/jogging, or riding through the back streets. Each home is different and unique.
- Hiking and Walking
The Christopher Columbus Monument is located just south of the central business district along Bayshore Drive. The statue was created by Albert Sabas, and features a statue of Columbus atop a stone pillar.
The statue is located in aptly named Columbus Statue Park which is the northern end of Bayshore Boulevard Linear Park.
Jogging or walking along the Bayshore is a great idea just make sure its HIGH TIDE! When the tide goes out you will be often treated to a unique Tampa experience-the smell of muck mud and other un-pleasantries from the bottom of the bay !!!
JFK Monument, University of Tampa, Kennedy Blvd
Just four days before President Kennedy's assassination in 1963 in Dallas, JFK visited Tampa. His motorcade drove for about five miles on what was known as Grand Central Avenue on 18 November. The road was renamed for President John F. Kennedy in 1964 by unanimous vote of Tampa City Council.
A group of Tampa community activists headed by then local Democratic Party Chairman Robert Florio pooled resources to commission a life-sized statue of the slain President by a prominent Italian artist. The piece was shipped to the United States in mid-1964 and erected at a site at Plant Park on the University of Tampa campus at Hyde Park St. where the statue's face looks onto Kennedy Blvd."
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Tampa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Parksville Hotels
- Lago Maggiore
- Suurberge Hotels
- Valenzuela Hotels
- Widnes Hotels
- Manali Off The Beaten Path
- Rhodes (Island) Off The Beaten Path
- Mérida Off The Beaten Path
- Cook Islands Off The Beaten Path
- Gold Coast Off The Beaten Path
- C &O Canal / Potomac River
- Carmel-by-the-Sea Off The Beaten Path
- Kentucky Off The Beaten Path
- Castle Rock Off The Beaten Path
- Tobermory Off The Beaten Path
- Peru Off The Beaten Path
- Jewish Life