Know about this? Rate It!
fort de soto beach
when in the tampa area a great place to visit are the pinellas county beaches. fort de soto county park is a beautiful oasis in the tampa-st. pete metropolitain urban sprawl. fort de soto park offers a beautitul unspoiled beach, historic fort desoto, camping, fishing, and a ferry to edgmont key state park. fort de soto park is located on the southern most tip of the pinellas peninsula in south saint petersburg. from downtown tampa take I-275 across tampa bay then south past downtown saint petersburg. exit I-275 at pinellas bayway to terra verde. the address is 3500 pinellas bay way south.
- National/State Park
- Historical Travel
Make sure to visit Fort DeSoto...
Make sure to visit Fort DeSoto at the southern tip of Pinellas County. There's a cool fort dating from the Spanish occupation of Florida to explore, as well as plenty of beaches and camping areas. We had my oldest son's first birthday there in 1998.
- Save up to 50% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
Tampa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path