The Bamboo Club, Tampa

by sumit_b
  • KrisKaden's Profile Photo

The Bamboo Club: Good food but horrible service

by KrisKaden Updated Feb 27, 2008

The Bamboo club enjoys a prime position directly on Bay Street at International Plaza. For that reason alone I have stopped in for lunch and dinner here a few times. The interior decor is very modern and the tables on the first floor are perfect for people watching through the large windows.

I have never had a bad meal here. I usually get the Orange Chicken or Mongolian stir fry. The orange chicken comes with dried spinach that is especially crunchy and delicious.

The bad news about this restaurant is the service - its horrible. If you decide to eat here expect very long waits and slightly unpleasant servers. I've stood at the hostess stand for several minutes (even when the restaurant was not busy) before anyone bothered to seat my mother and I at a table. On another occasion we were seated quickly, but then we sat at the table without getting any service for 10 minutes before finally getting up and walking out. Especially infuriating was that the servers all walked by the table but none stopped.

If you want to eat at International Plaza consider some other options.

Favorite Dish: Orange chicken with dried spinach. The chicken has the right amount of "spice" to it and the spinach is amazing!

• sumit_b's Profile Photo

The Bamboo Club: Unique cousine

by sumit_b Updated Sep 15, 2002

This is my favorite restaurant. They describe their food as - "pacific rim cuisine reflecting influences from Japan, China, Thailand and Hawaii."

Instant Answers: Tampa