Car Rentals, Tampa

Know about this? Rate It!

• Car Rentals
  • Car Rentals
    by Ewingjr98
  • Looking out the side mirror of my rental car
    Looking out the side mirror of my rental...
  • -- Avis Car Rental in Tampa airport -- thieves

by ledio Written Dec 30, 2010

Be extremely careful when you drop an Avis car at Tampa airport. Things tend to evaporate in minutes. Most of the people run to catch a car and they do not realize they forgot something until it is too late. I just happened to find out in Tampa since I missed the plane, so I went back looking for it (not even 20 minutes had passed) Every body spoke spanish and they were raising their shoulders. The manager looked like he was receiving a share of the loot at the end of the day. In short nobody cared and the thieves were still there checking in other cars. If in the future I will happen to be at Tampa airport I would go with budget, I have had very good experiences with them in the past. Hope this will help.

• Cruise
    • Beaches

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Enterprise Car Rental

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 9, 2008

Looking out the side mirror of my rental car

Enterprise has always been one of my favorite rental car companies, but in Tampa they make things complex. I have always enjoyed their free one-way rentals, and their free pickup and drop off anywhere within a certain distance from their office.

In Tampa, they will deliver the car to your house, but they charge a $45 fee if you drop the car off at the airport. There is an office just a mile from the airport at 4912 W Spruce Street, and they can give you a ride anywhere when you drop off the car... anywhere except the airport. Luckily they will also call a cab for you, but minimum airport cab fare is $10. They are a great company, but these hassles and extra fees are a pain.

Enterprise has 23 locations within the Tampa city limits, plus numerous rental offices in the surrounding areas including St Petersburg, Pinellas Park, Clearwater, Seminole, and Largo.

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Car Rental Rip-Off

by sarahjayn Written May 22, 2005

this sweet old lady will screw you royally

If you are coming from another country, you need to try and find a pre-paid voucher for your rental car that INCLUDES full coverage for insurace. . . especially if you are coming from Europe. Buying it this way will save you a lot of money and headache.

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

Rent a car and you can get anywhere!

by RhondaRuth Written Apr 24, 2003
    From Budget we get Sunshine!

The airport is just outside of Tampa and we rented a car right at the airport and never went into the city.

Our car was pretty "bright" also.
    Yup, it's that yellow Mustang.
    Bill said "We asked for an Orange and we got a Lemon!" Haha, it ran great tho!

Instant Answers: Tampa