Tarpon Springs Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tarpon Springs

• barrypanzer's Profile Photo

Hella's: Delicious and Authentic

by barrypanzer Written Jul 13, 2013

Hella's is a great place to eat. Very authentic Greek food and desserts. The restaurant ambience and atmosphere is lovely. The service was just great. Our waiter was very helpful and attentive. We would definitely return if in the area again.

Favorite Dish: Michael loved the shrimp sauteed in garlic butter. I loved the souvlaki and saganaki. Both were very delicious. Who doesn't like flaming cheese and sangria!

• atufft's Profile Photo

Parthenon Greek Restaurant: Grilled Octopus and Gyros

by atufft Updated Jun 2, 2011

Grilled Octopus

Actually, there are many really great Greek restaurants on the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, but my host recommended this one. We sat outside and watched the promenade of fishing boats and tourists. As an economical move, we ordered gyros, but then I noticed the grilled octopus available as an appetizer and couldn't resist ordering this. With some lemons and a couple of beers, we were all set. My friend didn't like the rubbery texture; I thought it tasted great. But, then if you've read my West African travel tips, you know I'll try anything at least once.

• Seniors

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Mama's Greek Cuisine - Please Close the Light!

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jun 4, 2010

Mama's is probably the biggest restaurant in Tarpon Springs. Though it is slightly off the main tourist track away from the water, it gets a huge crowd for lunch and dinner. During our first visit to Tarpon Springs, Mama's was very busy, but we decided on a different place by the water. On our second Tarpon Springs visit, we chose Mama's as our place to dine.

We arrived from the street-side deck, but decided to eat inside where the air conditioning kept the temperature a bit cooler. We each had simple meals such as beef and lamb gyros (even the menu says to pronounce it "yeeros"!) and pork souvlaki sandwiches, each for around $6 plus drinks. They also serve lots of seafood, kabobs, Greek entrees and pastas.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Parthenonas Restaurant & Bakery

by Ewingjr98 Updated Sep 20, 2009

Parthenonas Restaurant & Bakery is one of numerous Greek restaurants along the Tarpon Springs waterfront area. From the outside it looks slightly nicer than many of the other places along the Sponge Docks, with a few tables lining the sidewalk and the owner always present inviting customers in for a meal or dessert. Inside is pretty nice, but it has its elements that make it feel cheap such as frame photos of their desserts on the wall, and pictures of their meals above the door.

I had the Mousaka Chef's Delight ($11), a casserole of beef, eggplant, potatoes, blended and baked with cheese sauce. Laura had the Chicken Souvlaki Platter ($10), a meal of pita, chicken, breast, onions, tomato and tzatziki sauce. Both meals were served with rice pilaf, peas, Greek style potatoes, and bread. We topped off our meal with a wonderful piece of baklava. Our meal was about $32 including drinks (Cokes with unlimited refills).

The restaurant has a wide variety of lunches and dinners, beer and wine, and desserts.

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo

Mykonos Restaurant: Yummy authentic Greek food

by mmyerspa Updated Aug 3, 2009

Authentic Greek cuisine. Lots of lamb and ground beef options. I had the chicken breast stuffed with spinach and three cheeses, topped with Greek seasonings. Took half of it home, as it was very big. Must try the Greek potatos...roasted in lemon, oil, and Greek seasoning. The Greek salad is nothing to write home about; I much prefer the Greek salad at the Acropolis in Ybor and Tampa....they give you a triangle slice of feta, while my Mokonos Greek salad came with three small cubes.

Favorite Dish: Greek potatos

• Women's Travel

mykonos: greek

by doug48 Written Mar 19, 2009

mykonos restaurant

mokonos greek restaurant is located at the sponge docks in downtown tarpon springs. the decor of the restraurant is not fancy but the portions were huge and reasonably priced. i had a hero plater for $10.95 and could not finish it. good greek food moderately priced.

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

I forgot: You have to have something sweet

by Erin09340 Written Sep 9, 2005

only part of the selection

There is a bakery down the street from the Mykonos and Santorini Restaurants. It's famous for their desserts. You can try virtually anything and it will be delicious. I'd recommend forgoing dessert in the restaurant, in favor of walking down the street to this place and having a cup of coffee with your dessert. You'll be glad you did.

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

Santorini: Excellent Greek, delicious octopus

by Erin09340 Written Sep 9, 2005

entryway

Of the many greek restaurants in Tarpon Springs, my family and I are convinced that the best is Santorini. Their seafood is terrifically fresh, much of it locally caught. They make a fantastic broiled octopus.

The portions are huge. My husband had enough leftovers to have two more meals.

The restaurant is on the waterway and provides a lovely view of all the sponge boats.

Favorite Dish: We started with the appetizer plate that included tarama salad, tzatiki, skordalia, olives, feta, and bread. All were delicious.

Dad ordered the special of the day, which I believe was a lamb dish. I also had the lamb. Chris ordered a pasta seafood. We were all stuffed and quite pleased.

The house red is a pretty good wine, but the house white should be avoided.

• Mamas: BEST GREEK SALAD

by SLAGA Written Aug 14, 2005

Out of all the Greek resturants at the the sponge docks Mamas is our favorite . The food is so good. I think they have the best greek salads.My husband loves the fresh Lima beans. Some nights there is live music.They are reasonabley priced . We always take company rhere.

• ZenGator's Profile Photo

There are one or two fancy...

by ZenGator Written Aug 25, 2002

There are one or two fancy Greek restaurants near the sponge docks with fine food and international reputations. Pappas is probably the best of those. But personally, I prefer the numerous little mom & pop places along the street -- like this one. The food is plentiful, good, and relatively cheap.

greek taverna: greek

by doug48 Written Mar 19, 2009

greek taverna restaurant

the greek taverna is located next to the sponge docks in dowtown tarpon springs. good greek food moderately priced. in the evening they have greek dancing shows.

hellas: greek

by doug48 Written Mar 18, 2009

hellas

hellas is one of the oldest and best greek restaurants in tarpon springs. good greek fare moderately priced.

Instant Answers: Tarpon Springs

Comments

Tarpon Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tarpon Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tarpon Springs sightseeing.

View all Tarpon Springs hotels