Fun things to do in Florida

• Beautiful Fairchild Tropical Gardens and ponds
    Beautiful Fairchild Tropical Gardens and...
    by Homanded
  • Castillo de San Marcos
    by basstbn
  • Castillo de San Marcos
    by basstbn

Most Viewed Things to Do in Florida

Andretti Thrill Park in Melbourne, FL

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

Not enough people working there, long waits even though you rarely see anyone else there to ride anything. And they let a hose run onto a track so my niece spun out on the go karts and I crashed into her. Even though someone was working the baseball cage, it took about 30 minutes for us to get all the supplies and for it to start working. It apparently takes a long time to hand us bats, helmets, and push the start button.

Batting cage

Miami Carnival

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

Awesome, lots of fun and multiple events spanning a few days. Just make sure you bring plenty of money if you plan to do things in South Beach, like the pool parties. The one I tried to attend was $20 parking, plus $80 a person. The parade itself was cool and not over priced. The food inside at the booths was awesome and cheap.

Cigar monkey Fabulous Huge flower African dancing Me joining in
    • Singles
    • Festivals

Old Town in Orlando

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

The rides for kids are ok, but even without a line you will wait a little bit because typically one employee is working 2 rides. Even so you don't wait long. It is all old fashioned. Personally everyone in my family agreed we didn't want to go again, but some people appear to like it. They definitely need more parking around.

My son with an old car My son and niece riding rides My son on a ride My son on a ride

Cirque du Soleil

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

This is a glorified circus just like kids like and adults get all dressed up for it and show up in limos. And people actually shushed my son when he said one sentence. I don't know who should go to this, seems like a silly thing for adults to do and kids aren't really welcome.

Downtown Disney

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

This isn't as fun as it used to be. Parts of it are closed off now. The stores are nice, there are lots of photo ops. There is a train and a carousel that are a decent price. This is also where Cirque de Soleil and DisneyQuest are. Parking is free and there is no entrance fee.

My son digging for dinosaur bones Donald and Daisy Duck My son with Lego statues My son with Snow White Lego Statues My son riding the train

Typhoon Lagoon

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

Personally I like Blizzard Beach better because I think the look is cooler and more unique, there are more rides for all ages, and that ski lift is fun. HOWEVER, this is also a fun water park and the water rollercoasters are real cool.

Blizzard Beach

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

Rides for all ages. Many "intermediate" rides. Even a ski lift to add to the fun. It is so awesome how everything here looks like it is icy. My son loved the occasional goofy sighting. And there are places to go to get some peace and quiet.

Wonderworks

by ArenJo Written Jan 16, 2014

I will say that some of the attractions didn't work like they were supposed to, but there was so much to do there. The 3D ride at the end was awesome. I went on a first date there and it was really good for a fun date

Being an astronaut
    • Singles
    • Museum Visits

Hand Feeding Tarpon in the Florida Keys

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

Hand Feeding Tarpon at Robbie's of Islamorada is great fun. Sure, Robbie's makes a few dollars selling you the fish to feed the Tarpon with, but so what, they have spent years getting these amazing fish to hang around the Jetty, waiting to be fed by tourists.

I really enjoyed this, as I do like to fish, and to see these huge monsters up close like that is awesome. And there are other shops here too to by gifts and have a coffee.

Check out my video of me feeding the wild Tarpon, they are so fast at snatching the fish out of my hand.

• Fishing

Siesta Key Beaches

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

If there is one thing that stands out most, it's the beach, and just walking on the beach is a joy.

Lot's of people are walking up and down the beach, all the time. And it's so easy to see why. The beach is firm at the waters edge, and firm and flat for quite a wide part too.

It's warm here, with birds diving in the water near you for fish, people riding bikes on the firm waters edge, and people just sun bathing and lay on their towels on the soft white sand farther from the waters edge.

The sunset is also something else, check out my Siesta Key video showing the sunset.

Beautiful beaches sums up Siesta Key for me.

• Beaches

Miami and it wonderful Art Deco

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

We were dying to see this decorative and architectural style 1925-1940, with it's geometric designs and bold colors with regard to the buildings.

And it was fantastic. Miami Beach was the place we thought we would best see this, and it was great. Everywhere looked clean and tidy, and like a picture.

There were flash cars and beautiful people (mostly :)), and it felt classy too. I would loved to have stayed here for longer than we did, but I was so happy to be stood there enjoying the beautiful place.

• Architecture

Universal Studios

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

This was a great theme park, and maybe the one I loved the best, as it had all those reminders of some fantastic films I had grown up with, like Jaws and Terminator. In fact the Jaws ride was great. All the rides were great actually, as you can imagine at a place as well known and as huge as this.

The highlight for me though, had to be the Blues Brothers tribute, singing was great, and reminded me of when I was younger in Australia, where everywhere I went there someone was shaking their tail feathers.

Check out the Blues Brothers tribute on my video.

Loved it.

Seaworld Orlando Florida

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

Sea World is a huge wonderful place to visit. The parking alone was on such a grand scale, it took us 15 minutes to walk from our car.

It was so hot when we went, too hot, and with children that spells trouble. My girls struggled to cope in the crazy heat and humidity, and so did we to honest. If I would have realized it would have been that hot and sticky, I would have maybe gone to Orlando at a different time of the year, not in the hottest time.

But, we did get around, and we did see all the attraction here. Our pass covered for 2 days, so we saw what we could the first day, and went back the day after to enjoy some more.

Everglades National Park

by Madasabull Written Dec 12, 2013

It's worth paying to go into the Park, as there are walkways and paths that give you a real close up look at the critters and grasses.

In one area, a walkway has been built leading to a writhing mass of alligators, presumably waiting to be fed by staff at some point in order to attract tourists, but hey, these are still wild creatures living in the Everglades.

The park is huge, with camp sites and places you can kayak, don't know about swimming though, I don't think you would live long if you tried.

As we drove along the main road in the park, we looked for little tracks that we could drive down to get of the main drag, and found some really great little spots.

Well worth a visit, and for me, I could say I have been somewhere I had dreamed about going.

• Adventure Travel
    • National/State Park

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Kayaking on Alligator Bay

by Jefie Written Nov 23, 2013

If you feel like doing something a bit more active than sunbathing while you're at the beach, renting a kayak is a fun and easy option. We rented one at Port Charlotte Beach Park by calling It's Time! Kayak and Canoe rentals. Audrey (one of the owners) met us at the beach 30 minutes after we called. She was super nice, making sure we'd have a fun and safe ride by giving us some tips and offering baggies to keep our stuff dry. She suggested an itinerary that took us across Alligator Bay in Lewes Creek, where we got to paddle peacefully in the mangrove-made canals. We could see fish splashing right in front of the kayak, and we also spotted several different aquatic bird species. If you're lucky you might even get to see some daulphins! You can rent single or double kayaks for an hour ($20-$30), half a day ($30-$45), or a full day ($50-$65). Rentals are available 7 days a week, from sunrise to sunset!

Paddling through the mangroves at Lewes Creek It's Time! kayak rentals in Port Charlotte
    • Kayaking

199 Reviews - 382 Photos
Fort Myers Beach Hotels
122 Reviews - 251 Photos

Instant Answers: Florida

Comments

Florida Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Florida things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Florida sightseeing.
Map of Florida