Weeki Wachee Warnings and Dangers

• Mermaid after the show on a cold January day
    Mermaid after the show on a cold January...
    Entrance to Wilderness Cruise
    by grandmaR
    Another photo area for mermaids

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Weeki Wachee

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Three Warnings - Fees and Limited Seating

by grandmaR Updated Feb 20, 2008

Mermaid after the show on a cold January day

The first warning - The guidebooks and website said that there would be a $3 parking fee. However the parking kiosk was not manned and there was also a flea market being held on the Saturday in January that we were there. So we didn't pay the fee. YMMV.

The second warning is that there is a fee charged to pose with the mermaids. I didn't pay a fee, but I also didn't have the mermaid looking at me.

Third - the Wilderness River Cruise runs 10:15 through 1:45 and the boat is limited to 49 people, so all the literature notes that there is limited seating capacity and not everyone admitted to the park will be able to fit onto the boats. Boat passengers must remain seated at all times, and the boat captain reminded us that the birds sometimes sit on the roof or other areas of the boat and that the birds are NOT housebroken.

• Water Sports
    • Theme Park Trips

• atufft's Profile Photo

Biting Flies

by atufft Written Jun 4, 2011

I can recall the exact name of the fly--the locals can help out--but these guys will cause a mild itchy sore. I didn't see anyone doing anything about these critters, but I'm warning you--they are a nuisance. I was itching for days afterwards.

Instant Answers: Weeki Wachee

Comments

Weeki Wachee Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Weeki Wachee warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weeki Wachee sightseeing.