Dante's, Atlanta

• Dante's
    by amybrooke
  • Dante's Down the Hatch: Fondue Dinners

by twilamiller Written Jul 11, 2007

Dante's was an interesting and memorable restaurant, I'm glad we went, but I'm not sure we would go back. Once inside the building, one is to feel as if he is on a ship. We had reservations and were given the choice of being seated on the "ship" or on the "wharf". We sat on the ship which was closer to the three piece soft jazz band. The menu is primarily fondue. Our server was very friendly and helped us in making our selections. The wine list was great. I was disappointed that there was no desset fondue available for us. They have a Chocolate Fondue, but get this - only one is served per night, 2-day advanced notice required, Sunday thru Thursday only, only parties of 6-12 people, and they recommend that you eat dinner 2-3 hours before coming there for desset. Wow! While kids might find the atmosphere interesting, I wouldn't recommend it for children. The four of us had a bottle of wine, soup/salad, cheese fondue, dinner fondue, and desserts. With a 20% tip our meal was $300. For reservations, call 404-266-1600.

Favorite Dish: All the food was good, but nothing stood out. It was fondue!

• Dante's: Unique Atmosphere

by NormaMacLeod Updated Nov 5, 2004

Dante's has a unique atmosphere The alligators and turtles are a real eye-catcher when you walk in. The live jazz music creates a wonderful ambiance. I was entertaining a group of a dozen Canadians and Dante came to our table to tell stories in his own charismatic way. Very entertaining. The swiss cheese fondue and assorted meat trays were wonderful and encourage conversation among the group over dinner. They have a good assortment of wines. When we were leaving the restaurant, Dante gave everyone our own embossed glass as a momentum. I went back one year later, and was just as pleased.

Favorite Dish: The swiss cheese fondue with assorted breads, fruits and vegetables. Top the evening with the chocolate fondue.

• Dante's Down the Hatch in...

by traveltom Written Aug 24, 2002

Dante's Down the Hatch in Buckhead
    Live Jazz 24hrs, 7 days/wk with a built-in pond where live alligators, fish, and turtles lure (don't worry, they can't get you).

Favorite Dish: Try the Meat Sampler, delicious varieties of their vegetables and 3 meats.

Instant Answers: Atlanta