Places to eat in Atlanta

Most Viewed Restaurants in Atlanta

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Noodle: Noodle

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 11, 2015

Came here for lunch on a recommendation from a co-worker. It's not a terribly large restaurant, but they have booths and several large, long pub-style tables and chairs down the center of the place. It was a busy lunch time, but I was seated immediately. I ordered the Singapore Noodle bowl with shrimp, and was shocked at the large portion. For $8, I ate on it for lunch and dinner. It was delicious, and served quickly. Perfect for a business lunch. They have a full bar with pretty cocktails, so it would be nice for a romantic, but inexpensive, date night dinner as well.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Steamhouse Lounge: Steamhouse Lounge - GREAT Lobster Bisque!

by TravellerMel Updated Feb 25, 2015

Had a WONDERFUL dinner here. Just next door to the hotel where I am staying (Residence Inn Georgia Tech Midtown), the place has a casual "beachy" feel to it. Inside is casual, but not "dive-y" with wood floors and a large bar in the middle. Seat yourself. My waiter was very attentive and friendly, recommending the lobster bisque, and telling me the special for the night was a dozen boiled shrimp, hot or chilled, for $6. I took him up on both of those, and was very happy. It was seriously the BEST lobster bisque I have ever eaten, and the shrimp were large and tasty. I was so full, but then the waiter mentioned the Key Lime pie... I took a slice to go. :-)

Very reasonably priced (the cup of lobster bisque was $4.75 - a bowl was $6.75, and my pie was $5), I saw a shrimp po-boy for $9, and char-grilled oysters. They had lots of seafood on the menu, but also had burgers.

I will go back for sure - I want more bisque and to try those oysters! :-)

Boiled shrimp and lobster bisque - yummy!

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Grant Central Pizza: Grant Central Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Aug 17, 2014

Thursday, August 14th, Noel, Tony and I decided to go to Atlanta to visit the zoo. After walking around for 3 1/2 hr hours, we were starving!!! So, I grabbed my smartphone and searched YELP app for a nearby restaurant that served beer for Tony and had good reviews...so up pops Grant Central Pizza and Pasta..which was only up the street 1/2 mile...so hey WHY NOT???

Normally, I want to try the pizza but Tony and I opted to share a Calzone with four cheeses and marinara sauce..and we added pepperoni and meatballs.. Noel ordered Chicken Alfredo Pasta and we ordered the Garlic Toast with Mozzarella cheese...we got soda and Tony ordered a PBR in a bottle..

The interior is very nice!!!
    The waitress was very friendly and helpful!!!
    It was around 1:30 and not very crowded..you can tell this is a neighborhood eatery!!! They also have a little outside dining on the sidewalk, and plenty inside with a bar area...
    I loved the interior artwork, looked local!!

The food arrived in about 20 minutes, all together so not bad!! There was only three pieces of garlic cheese bread with NO marinara sauce!!! Strange!! but the bread was good!! But a little pricey for the quantity and no dipping sauce!
    Noel's pasta looked wonderful!! But apparently the chicken was blackened or something and she said hey a strange taste..but it was good and she enjoyed it. Our calzone was large!!! But there was no sauce INSIDE...only the cheese and meat...the sauce was on the side so you had to put it on there yourself..Tony hated that!!! I just put mine on top,, but he had to pull his apart and open it up and add the sauce and there was not enough sauce..so he was unhappy...
    But, it tasted pretty good!!!
    I would order it again, but I would have to remember to ask for my sauce INSIDE....

Price, tip and taxes was $35...hummm.... A little pricy for me!!
    But it was good!! I would eat here again!!

• Beer Tasting

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Southern Sweets: Good lunches and Sweets

by DSwede Written Jul 23, 2014

A local's staple, Southern Sweets supplies many of the city's restaurants with pies and desserts. Come for the deli and stay for dessert! Its a relatively small place, tucked back in an otherwise industrial area so you'd need to drive in and just be confident that you're not going in the wrong place.

Favorite Dish: The sandwiches and salads were great, as were the pies. They also have daily made soups, but I did not try them. There is a large vegetarian menu too for those who chose to go that route.

Southern Sweets

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Dough Bakery: Great Vegetarian/Vegan and Brunch too

by DSwede Written Jul 23, 2014

Having been visiting friends who are vegetarian and vegan, we dined at places that offered either whole or partial menus for them. Dough Bakery would be one of those that the vegan would love and the carnivore would not even notice it was a veggie friendly place. Pastries, sweets, deli options, juices, coffee and even breakfasts all well prepared

Favorite Dish: On Sundays only, they serve breakfasts. I had the cinnamon roll pancakes... mmm! There were tofu skillets, biscuits and gravy and more for those who don't have a sweet tooth. All good!

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes at Dough Bakery

• riorich55's Profile Photo

HD1 aka Haute Doggery: Gourmet Hot Dogs

by riorich55 Updated May 6, 2014

UPDATE: The owner flipped this location to another one of his FLIP Burger locations in 2013. Having spent 8 weeks in Atlanta on business I was on the lookout for additional places to eat that weren't too far distant from where I was staying. In the Sunday, Chicago Tribune travel section I happened upon an article about fancy hot dog places and one of the places they featured was called HD1 which just opened in Atlanta in September, 2011.

One of the partners of this restaurant was Richard Blais who has been on TV on several food channels and is noted for his unusual creations. He has another restaurant in the Atlanta area called Flip which features gourmet hamburgers.

I went there on a Monday night and you could tell it wasn't your usual hot dog place as there were 2 BMW's sitting in the small parking lot. Apparently the restaurant was previously a coffee shop so again parking was at a premium.

Favorite Dish: There are other items on the menu besides hot dogs including (and I'm taking this from their menu), cocktails, beer, wine, beverages, bits and pieces, stuff and sweets.

Now how many hot dog places do you see with cocktails like a drink called "Dark 'N Stormy" which has gosling rum, ginger beer and honey and ginger infused aged CayRum?

The Bits and Pieces included shrimp fried in grits, Dr Bacon baked beans and Deviled ham in eggs among others.

For my meal that evening I has a Louisiana Lobster Dog (really a lobster roll) with mirliton salad and shrimp head aioli along with some waffled fries with maple-oy. $13.50 for the 2 again tells you this isn't your typical Chicago Dog and Fries.

The food was ok, but I think I'll stick with a regular Chicago Hot Dog and Fries.

Entrance Interior
    • Luxury Travel

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

Silver Skillet Restaurant: Great Southern Breakfast

by meteorologist1 Written Jan 18, 2014

The breakfast was amazing and homemade. The people there were so friendly and welcoming, knowing that I was from out of town. That gave me a lasting impression. Will definitely come back when I visit Atlanta next time!

Favorite Dish: Southern breakfast - eggs, biscuits, country ham, red eye gravy, etc. all were delicious!

southern breakfast
    • Seniors

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Parish - Foods & Goods: Nice Atmosphere - So So Food

by riorich55 Updated Mar 31, 2013

Spending my third week in Atlanta on business, I have gotten a chance to get out and try a few restaurants in the area. I don't bring my camera out every night, but last night I did and took some pictures which I will download to my regular computer back home. After a little internet research we went to a section of Atlanta called Inman Park.

We arrived and had a picture posing valet, named Bishop park our car. The area had a lot of newer condominiums and the streets were full of vehicles so I didn't want to keep riding around looking for a place to park. The restaurant is in an old converted building called Building 240 which according to their website is in a historical Terminal Building built in 1890 and is the only remaining structure from an old pipe factory which had been abandoned for some time.

The downstairs of the building is actually the "Goods" portion of the "Foods and Goods" where again according to their website is a place where you can grab a quick bite to eat along with buying goods on shelves stocked with fair trade goods, organic homemade breads, flowers, cheeses, homemade ice cream, etc. The night we were there it appeard that they had a wine and cheese tasting party going on.

Favorite Dish: We arrived around 7:00 p.m. and decided to eat outside since it was a very nice evening and the interior was a little too dark for my tastes. We sat next to a table of 4 ladies whose server was male, while our server was Jessica. I commented to my co-worker who I was having dinner with, that this was a very good marketing ploy to have the male serving the ladies while a lady was serving us. (I'm sure this makes for better tips). Jessica was friendly and talked a bit about her favorite sports teams from Atlanta.

Anyway, to the food part of the review. They had a number of appetizers on the menu including salads, a local cheese plate and something which did look interesting, Heirloom Tomatoes and Watermelon, but since we were on a somewhat limited expense account of $30 per evening dinner we skipped that. I asked Jessica what she would order if she were a patron this evening and she said the cheese appetizer was good and that she loves the catfish. I'm not a big catfish lover so I skipped that. I ordered a glass of Pinot Noir wine to go along with my TV Dinner.

Yes, you read me right, a TV Dinner. On their menu they have a TV Dinner selection which they list as a "childhood classic with an adult twist. meat and 3 with a treat". According to Jessica this changes weekly and this week was a Chicken Schnitzel with black eyed peas, spinach, almond rice and the treat was a chocolate cookie. As the picture shows it is actually served in a plastic TV dinner tray with every food item in its own compartment. A clever idea.

However, the food was just average in my opinion. The chicken schnitzel did not contain a lot of meat and was a little dry. The peas, spinach and almond rice were also a bit dry for my tastes. I guess I should have really gone for something not fried, but I figured I would try something different tonight.

I might go back to try out a different menu item, but at least on this night the place only rated a 3 star rating - 5 stars for the service and ambiance and really only 2 stars for the food.

Patio Where We Ate Bishop Poses Then Parks Our Car TV Dinner - Restaurant Style Interior

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

STATS BAR & GRILL: STATS..where beer is on tap @ your table!

by TheTravelSlut Updated Mar 12, 2013

STATS is a unique bar and grill that offers traditional American favorites and is one of the only bars in the United States to feature a beer tap system which allows guests to pour their own beer with no server or bartender needed-all at your table! STATS is the second location worldwide, and first in the United States, to incorporate the beer tap system in tables.

In addition to beer tap tables there are 5 bars and a huge restaurant and private event area with over 70 high definition TVs too.

Stats is not just a sports bar but does have a radio station broadcasting from within the building.

I was given a tour of Stats by the manager who thought he recognized me....lol. There are many parts of Stats not seen from the main bar area and there is also a rooftop and patio area (nice)

Stats is open Noon to 11pm on Sun; 11am – 11pm on Mon to Thurs; and 11am to 1am Fri. & Sat.

Favorite Dish: STATS features primarily the classic American menu with steaks, fish and chicken as both entrees and starters (in various forms).

I had the blackened fish tacos with lettuce, jalapeno sauce, pico de gallo in a soft tortilla with black beans & rice (USD $11).

That, and their margaritas...great lunch.

A self-service beer tap at your table Not just for sports fans Award winning bar and grill Easy to find, interesting to explore Walking distance to lots of local things
    • Beer Tasting

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

HD1 - Haut Dog: Atlanta's Best Hot Dogs and beer

by littlesam1 Written Jan 1, 2013

Richard Blais of Top Chef fame is the owner of HD1 in Atlanta. The restaurant is a fun place to visit with a great menu of gourmet hot dogs, classic soft drinks in a bottle, an outstanding craft beer selection, and many cocktail specials, all served at affordable prices. I try to stop in at least once on every visit to Atlanta. You chose your type of sausage or hot dog, chose your toppings and leave the rest to the cooks. When ordering don't miss the maple covered waffle fries. They don't sound good, but trust me they are fantastic. A little maple syrup, some peppers, and lots of flavor on the fries.

• Phildy's Profile Photo

Local Republic: Lawrenceville has an alternate menu

by Phildy Written Dec 13, 2012

Small but full of fabulous food and drink, Local Republic is an amazing change from the 'usual' Lawrenceville restaurant. A good twist on American fare, try dishes such as Fish Tacos, Chicken Livers (unlike anything I have sampled before, in tomato jam with bacon), Pimento Cheese, Bacon & Jalepeno, Fish Sandwich of the day (I tasted amazing Grouper today), and the wicked selection of custom burgers. Back this up with a wonderful selects of beers and wines (my choice today was a honey wheat beer from up north - delicious). Service is fabulous and you can watch the chefs do their thing as you munch on your starter. This is a must do eatery in Lawrenceville.

Favorite Dish: The Bruiser, a burger with local organic beef, several mustards and blue cheese, with bacon. The Grouper was fabulous and my wife had to share hers with me as the serving was too big for her!
    The chicken livers were absolutely fabulous and prepared unlike any others I have had.

• dustmon's Profile Photo

China Moon: Great Chinese and Sashimi

by dustmon Updated Aug 20, 2012

Like alot of Asian restaurants these days, they have Japanese and other styles on the menu as well as great Chinese food. The Crispy Duck is amazing and also the Cantonese whole Seabass...Many other items on the menu---definitely recommended when in the Atlanta/Vinings area.
    New location 8-2012-------2810 Paces Ferry Rd #220 Vinings

Favorite Dish: Crispy Duck---$13.95
    Seabass Cantonese---$16.95

• Luxury Travel

• dustmon's Profile Photo

The Pickle: Atlanta Food Truck park--BUCKHEAD

by dustmon Updated Aug 9, 2012

Food Truck Parks are the rage right now and I had never tried any of Atlanta's until today---The location is right at the intersection of Howell Mill Rd and I-75...There is a Shell station half a block northeast where you turn left, go to the stop sign and turn left again to the parking lot and Food Truck Heaven! There were about 5 trucks on a thursday about 11:45am and I picked The Pickle, because their special looked good---whiskey cured pork shoulder in a homeade wrap with lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and a fried egg!!! Really delicious and new tasting! They also had a homemade berry/lavender lemonade that was easy goin down.....I will definitely stop by again---they also had cupcake truck, soul vegetarian, wings and things, and a Sweet Auburn BBQ truck....Think I'll try that one next! (They have President Clinton's favorite sweet potato cheesecake!)

Favorite Dish: pork wrap---$6.50
    Andy Grimes is the Chef at The Pickle.

Food Truck Park participant

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Jul 12, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food!

Open daily 10am-9pm

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

Ordering at Schlotzsky's

• balfor's Profile Photo

Fire of Brazil: Brazilian Steakhouses, gotta love 'em!

by balfor Updated Mar 21, 2012

Very similar to Fogo de Chao, Fire of Brazil is another of the all you can eat, carved at your table kinds of places. The meats are very nearly as good as those at Fogo and in a few circumstances, it is better.

The salad bar is not QUITE as good as Fogo though. It IS, however substantial and if you're not a meat eater, you could be quite content grazing off of the salad bar while the carnivores in your party fill themselves up on succulently cooked meats.

The meats are brought to the table on large skewers and the staff slices off a few thin slices for you before taking it back to the kitchen to be re-seared. The staff will constantly circulate through the restaurant bringing the variety of offerings that they have that day. Should you desire something that you've not seen come by your table yet, all you have to do is ask and they will ensure that what you requested will be out very shortly!

I will have to go back to get better pictures of the salad bar however, as the ones I took just didn't come out well. I know it's a huge sacrifice to do so, but for all you VT'ers out there, I will make the sacrifice and do further research for you!

Favorite Dish: The house special is probably my favorite, though I really do enjoy the top and bottom rounds quite a lot as well. It is hard to have a favorite, however, as all the food is well prepared and quite tasty!

Outside of Restaurant Inside of restaurant The <blurry> salad bar A skewer of meat Carving off a slice of beef

Atlanta Hotels

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Atlanta Marriott Century Center
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Atlanta

Comments

Atlanta Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Atlanta locals.
Map of Atlanta