Places to eat in Atlanta

Most Viewed Restaurants in Atlanta

• doug48's Profile Photo

vinings inn: southern cuisine

by doug48 Written Sep 22, 2009

the vinings inn is located in the vining neighborhood west of buckhead on paces ferry road. the vinings inn is located in a historic post civil war building that once was a general store and post office. the vinings inn offers southern american cuisine at moderate prices. in terms of atmosphere and food the vinings inn is one of the best dining values in the atlanta area.

• Architecture

CASABLANCA LOUNGE AND RESTAURANT: Great atmosphere in the lounge of the Hilton

by moiraistyx Updated Jun 9, 2009

The last time I visited Atlanta I stayed at the Downtown Hilton. Although my actual Hilton room left much to be desired, I was very happy with the lounge. Some classmates and I got together one evening for some drinks and food. I wasn't overly hungry so I had an order of the sweet potato fries. They were done perfectly, not mushy as they have been at other places. I had a glass of white zinfandel with my fries. We had a great time and chatted a few hours away before we knew it. Be careful when you get your bill, they automatically add in the gratuity and also an additional service charge. I paid nearly 5 bucks in tip and service charge on a $13 bill. Some of my classmates didn't look at their checks and ended up tipping the waitress twice.

Favorite Dish: The sweet potato fries were crunchy on the outside and soft and hot on the inside. Perfect with the blue cheese dipping sauce they came with.

Azio: GREAT UPSALE ITALIAN

by moiraistyx Updated Jun 7, 2009

During my visit to Atlanta, my in-laws picked me up one evening and took me out to dinner. One of the bell hops at the Hilton recommended Azio to my father in law. We decided to it a try and we are glad we did. The restaurant has a great atmosphere with midnight blue ceilings with gold stars. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by the smell of fresh herbs and spices and pizza cooking in brick ovens. Ann had the Margherita pizza which was covered with tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese. I had the Rigatoni Rustica. A tube pasta, with Italian sausage, mixed peppers, tomatoes and Romano cheese. Rich had Penne alla Florentine a combination of penne pasta with chicken, shrimp, spinach, ricotta cheese and parmesan. My meal was totally fantastic. I ate each and every bite of mine and had a few bites of Rich's. Anna tried to get me to eat some of her pizza but alas, I was stuffed.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Rigatoni Rustica. The sausage had just the right combination of fat and meat and the sauce was so great.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Fox Brothers: Good Southern barbeque

by rexvaughan Updated Apr 10, 2009

This is one of those places that seem to be a success from the moment they open their doors. It popularity is attested by the large crowds that always seem to be there at lunch time. They have some unusual dishes like fried macaroni and cheese and fried pickles but some of the best BBQ around. I had a pulled pork sandwich with chips and cole slaw and it was delicous. My son had a brisket sandwich and his wife had collards, cornbread and shared the fried mac and cheese. I was too full for dessert, but their offerings are southern standards: banana pudding and chocolate pecan pie. I would bet they are good too. Also on the menu is brunswick stew which is one of my favorites but varies in quality. As soon as I get back to try theirs, I will update.

The place is pretty spacious and a good thing. Two dining rooms, a nice bar and a large patio for warm weather.

Hours: Mon - Thur: 11:00am - 10pm
    Fri: 11:00am - 11pm
    Sat : 11:00am -11pm
    Sun: 11:00am - 10pm

• Osuav8r's Profile Photo

Teds Montana grill: That is a tasty burger

by Osuav8r Updated Feb 24, 2009

This is ted turners place in downtown Atlanta and it has bison burgers that are to DIE for. As I'm writing this, Mr Turner is a few tables down having lunch with some of his business associates. Apparently he lives upstairs and comes in pretty often. No joke about the burgers though. They're thick, juicy, and full of flavor. I'll definately be back!

Favorite Dish: bison burger!

Louise's Restaurant: Old Time Southern Food-Kennesaw

by BruceDunning Updated Feb 3, 2009

The food is definitely home made, and good. They still have relatives of Louise running the restaurant. It had closed for a couple of years in early 2000's but revived. The locals from the area come here to remember how mama used to make the breakfasts.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast is the specialty and can be purchased until around 11:00 AM. The country ham with two eggs runs about. Not long ago, that would be 1/2 that price; inflation takes hold. Breakfast biscuits are $1.50-2.00 range, and all good. Lunch has basic hamburgers for $3.50 for single and $4.50 double. HOt dogs, chicken sandwiches and other fare are on the menu.

• Architecture

Everybody's Pizza: Virgina Highlands Landmark for pizza

by BruceDunning Updated Jan 31, 2009

It was good for what we had, but did not sample the pizza. My daughter has beforehand, and likes it a lot. The place only holds about 50-60, plus some 10 at the bar. It is a local hangout for a pizza and beer.

Favorite Dish: We had just snacks of Greek SAlad and Spinach dip-cost of $9.50 and $7.50, but portions were fair sized. The pizzas seem to run about $6-8 for individual and $15 for two, or loaded can get up close to $30. Select carefully the extra toppings. Regular and thin crust offerings.

Moe's & Joe's: Midtown Tavern Food

by BruceDunning Updated Jan 29, 2009

If VT gets the upload fixed, I will add more pics
    Did not get past the door to sample the food. They still allow smoking inside, and it did permeate throughout. The menu outside seemed interesting, though. A lot of bar food fare. The menu will be displayed for reading. The place is recognizable by the large Pabst beer sign in front

Favorite Dish: Did not get a chance to find out. Had to leave do to smoke. But they have $6-8 sandwiches, quesadillas, burgers, and sampler items. Prices seemed reasonable.

• balint01's Profile Photo

Café di Sol: Nice Atmosphere, Good Food

by balint01 Updated Jan 28, 2009

Suggested by a friend from Washington, D.C. who actually knew the cook, I went to Café di Sol (used to be called Eclipse di Sol) on my last evening in Atlanta, which proved to be a good choice. The atmosphere is not at all Georgian, though, it's somewhat European. On that Friday night it was full of mostly young people, with good music and a café-house feeling with all people talking to each other. The restaurant also has a porch/patio, which is probably very nice in good weather. All the tables and chairs are made out of wood and there's a very nice, soft lighting around the place.

The full bar has a wide range of good quality wines, but I opted for a Sweetwater 420 - my favorite local Georgian beer.

Favorite Dish: I had an "Andy's Burger" that was suggested to me by the waitress who instead of the table number put the following on my bill: "Bar - Hungary Guy". "Andy's Burger" had a special sauce and was very juicy and tasty, I can only suggest it, I ate every sinlge bite. If you're not really a burger person you will find other great food for your satisfaction, I'm sure, they had a nice menu, including the famous turkey burger as well as a range of wedgie food.

La Cocina: OUT OF THIS WORLD MEXICAN-AND GREAT MARGARITAS

by moiraistyx Written Nov 17, 2008

Richie and I absolutely love Mexican food, so when the gang all announced that we were going to La Cocina for Mexican we were thrilled. This restaurant was very nicely decorated with a Tex-Mex flair. We had a large group and lucky for us had arrived at a less busy time. We waited only 15 minutes or so for our table. The wait staff was very friendly and prompt. Apparently my in-laws frequent this place cause the manager came right over and got us whatever we wanted. Everyone enjoyed a different dish. I even tasted some of Richie's chicken fajitas which were extra yummy, not as yummy as my chimichanga though. We all decided to order some drinks, so when the waitress asked us if we wanted small or large margaritas we all said large. We nearly died when she brought out 32 ounce margaritas, we loved the price even more only $9.5, a great deal in my eyes. I managed to finish mine, Richie could neither could Collette so they got to go cups and managed to sneak out their drinks in styrofoam cups. We were given a complimentary dessert, Sopapillas which are puffed triangle pastries covered with butter, honey, cinnamon, and whipped cream. This was extra yummy. You can visit La Cocina during the following hours:

Sunday-Wednesday 11 AM till 10 PM and Thrusday-Saturday 11 AM till 10:30 PM.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken chimichanga, which was shredded chicken in a deep fried flour tortilla. It was served with rice, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, and tomatoes.

• FAB (French American Brasserie): If you can afford it

by EGeorgeR Written Nov 14, 2008

Best visited on a company expense account, this restaurant is impressive. The food is excellent. The waiters are French, brisk and attentive. The main dinning room is bright and loud with extremely high ceilings. There is a more romantic roof-top dining room. Portions range from adequate to large.

Favorite Dish: I could not finish my sumptuous coq au vin. My wife loved her braised veal shank. Unfortunately, no chocolate mousse on the menu.

• Luxury Travel

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

The Bullpen: Right across from Turner Field

by ATXtraveler Written Nov 3, 2008

For one of the first trips I made to Atlanta, we were having a customer event at Turner Field, which is the home of the Atlanta Braves. Since the ballpark was large, and many of the people we were meeting did not have their tickets already, we met at a common accessible place to hand out the tickets and avoid the confiscatory prices of Turner Field. The Ballpark meets these criteria as a very recognizable landmark, and a decent price for food and drinks ahead.

I went with the standard burger and fries, followed by an ice cold draft beer. I can tell you that the food here is definitely nothing to write home about, but it is all about the location. Don't go out of your way to eat here if you are not going to a Braves game, and don't head here if you are culinary connoisseur.

Favorite Dish: The beer was cold.

• Beer Tasting
    • Adventure Travel

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Savage Pizza: Off-Beat Pizza Place

by TexasDave Written Oct 22, 2008

Regularly rated one of the city's best pizza restaurants, they have an extensive variety of pizzas and make-your-own-combination calzones. It's not very big and gets crowded on weekends.
    The whole place is loaded with plastic super hero action figures and comic book-like paintings.

• deebum25's Profile Photo

Contigo Peru: Love the ceviche!

by deebum25 Written Sep 27, 2008

I love this place and visit when we go to Atlanta for a day of shopping. Cold beer and just about anything mariscos is wonderful. Served with a yam, hard boiled egg, thin slices of red onion and wonderful spices that I have not yet figured out, this restaurant never disappoints.

• Singles

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

Little Bangkok: Award-winning(s) Thai restaurant

by WaRPer Written Aug 10, 2008

Times I'm dying for Thai food, this place is gonna be my very first choice! "Little Bangkok" is highly recommended by many national publications including Zagat, and Thai-Atlantan expats too! The restaurant runs by Thais, and they serve 'authentic' Thai food....GUARANTEED!! The restaurant is always packed on weekends and evenings, so reservation is essential. Another thing, you must have a car to get there...and be there no later than 8 p.m., the neighborhood gets a little scary after 10 p.m.

Favorite Dish: Fried Tofu, Larb Kai (Spicy minced chicken salad), Tom Kah Kai (Sliced chicken breast in spicy coconut milk soup -- A lil' too thick for me, but still a good one)

Atlanta Hotels

Comfort Inn Downtown South at Turner Field
Latest: Apr 7, 2014
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buckhead

Instant Answers: Atlanta

Comments

Atlanta Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Atlanta locals.
Map of Atlanta