Mick's Underground, Atlanta

4 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

In the Undergroud Atlanta mall

The entrance to Mick's Underground.
    by RonaaRoo
  • nasanerd's Profile Photo

Mick's Underground: Must try the Fried Green Tomatoes!

by nasanerd Written Dec 16, 2005

Mick's Underground is one of the few nice restaurants to eat at Underground. The atmosphere is nice with an eclectic mix of music played at just the right level and the architecture of the old building will delight you as you wait for your food. The hostess and wait staff are all very friendly and responsive. The menu does not have a big variety and if you are a vegetarian you will not have much choice other than the potato soup, fried green tomato sandwich or a basic garden salad. They also offer seafood (salmon and fried shrimp), beef and chicken entrees but no pork.

We split an appetizer platter of the fried green tomatoes. They are topped with goat cheese and a zesty red pepper sauce which we chose to get on the side. These are absolutely delicious! They are perfectly fried in a delectable batter that is not too light or too heavy. The batter has a nice flavor as well, which compliments the tomatoes perfectly. The goat cheese goes perfectly with the tomatoes, but I did not like the sauce however my cousin did.

I ordered the potato soup as my entree but it was horrible. The seasonings used overpowered the soup, which was bland and tasted like cardboard. Our waitress took it back immediately and off the check as well.

My cousin ordered one of the several hamburgers available and enjoyed it. He said he would order it again. It came with french fries and a side of bleu cheese dressing.

I would definitely go back just to have the fried green tomato platter!

• Business Travel

• Mick's Underground: Eating Underground?

by RonaaRoo Written Jun 1, 2004
    The entrance to Mick's Underground.

Mick's Underground is a very nice resturant located in Underground Atlanta. The upper level looks almost like an old train station or something, while the downstairs is at the level of the underground.

Favorite Dish: I had a sandwich with just Portobello Mushrooms on it (no meat), and it was very, very delicious. I highly recommend it!

Instant Answers: Atlanta